TWRP is an open source, community project. A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like LineageOS or OmniROM.
I'm not responsible if something went wrong on your phone(Usually nothing goes wrong). You are doing this on your own responsibility. Rooting your phone may void warranty so don't root your device unless you know what you are doing.
Note: custom vbmeta needs to be flashed to disable the verification of custom mods, this is a one time flashing in stock firmware
- Backup your data
- Unlock the Bootloader, View thread
- Reboot to Download mode [Check Key Combos Below]
- Disable auto reboot in Odin options, Flash vbmeta.tar in AP slot using Odin tool
- Reboot again to Download mode and now Flash twrp-[$version]-m30s.img.tar in AP slot using Odin tool
- Boot into TWRP Recovery [Check Key Combos Below]
- Decrypt Internal Storage - Flash DM-Verity ForceEncrypt disabler
- Wipe -> Format Data
- Reboot -> System(without root) | Recovery(with root)
- Download the latest version of twrp-[$version]-m30s.img
- Reboot to TWRP recovery -> Install -> Install Image & Select twrp-[$version]-m30s.img, choose recovery partition & swipe to flash
- Reboot to Recovery
- Download the latest Magisk Manager here & Install
- Download/Copy the TWRP image to your device
- Press the Install button in the Magisk card
- Make sure “Recovery Mode” is checked in options.
In most cases it should already be automatically checked.
- Choose “Select and Patch a File” in method, and select the TWRP image
- Magisk Manager will patch the image to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img.
- Proceed with the above steps to flash Magisk Patched TWRP.
- OneUi-3.0+ Requires usb connected to PC for getting into TWRP
- Download Mode - Turn off device, Press and hold [vol + & vol -] connect usb to PC
- Recovery Mode - Turn off device, Press and hold [vol + & Power] release power button after screen on, continue pressing [vol +]
Magisk System - Turn off device, Press and hold [vol + & Power] release both keys after screen on
- TWRP->Reboot->Recovery to get into Magisk enabled System
TWRP 3.5.0, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy M30s
Source Code: https://github.com/santhosh6194/android_kernel_samsung_m30s
Current Stable Version: 2.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-01-15
Last Updated 2021-05-12