[OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.2_9 for Galaxy J5 (2015)

Search This thread

joe403

Jan 26, 2021
since my current android version is 7.1.2 do i need to roll back to the stock rom then update to marshmallow to then upgrade the marshmallow bootloader and modem?

palmbeach05

• Oct 12, 2012
    Motorola Atrix HD
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
    since my current android version is 7.1.2 do i need to roll back to the stock rom then update to marshmallow to then upgrade the marshmallow bootloader and modem?

If your rom is compatible with the marshmallow bootloader, you will still be able to boot into your current rom. Otherwise, start backing stuff up and chose the rom you want to upgrade to

Reactions: alanthehat

ferreraiury05

Dec 31, 2020
    I was using a Android 10 Rom and I tried to upgrade from 3.4.0, but it doesn't boot in anything. Couldn't boot into system, or Recovery. I had to flash the stock rom and now I'm afraid to upgrade. Can it happen again?

palmbeach05

• Oct 12, 2012
    Motorola Atrix HD
    I was using a Android 10 Rom and I tried to upgrade from 3.4.0, but it doesn't boot in anything. Couldn't boot into system, or Recovery. I had to flash the stock rom and now I'm afraid to upgrade. Can it happen again?
    I need more info, because this is a new issue that I have not seen, and has not been reported in the past. How did you do the upgrade?

ferreraiury05

Dec 31, 2020
    I need more info, because this is a new issue that I have not seen, and has not been reported in the past. How did you do the upgrade?
    First, I was trying to switch from Lineage 17.1 to another android 10 Rom, but I couldn't do that with TWRP 3.5.1_9-0, so I flashed TWRP 3.4.0. I flashed the Rom and when I was about to download TWRP 3.5.1_9-0 I saw there was a new version. So I restarted into TWRP 3.4.0 and flashed this new version. When I restarted the device it didn't boot into recovery or system. The only thing that appeared on the screen was the message from the top of Odin, while the screen was showing "Samsung Galaxy J5". Was there because I flashed to many images?

palmbeach05

• Oct 12, 2012
    Motorola Atrix HD
    First, I was trying to switch from Lineage 17.1 to another android 10 Rom, but I couldn't do that with TWRP 3.5.1_9-0, so I flashed TWRP 3.4.0. I flashed the Rom and when I was about to download TWRP 3.5.1_9-0 I saw there was a new version. So I restarted into TWRP 3.4.0 and flashed this new version. When I restarted the device it didn't boot into recovery or system. The only thing that appeared on the screen was the message from the top of Odin, while the screen was showing "Samsung Galaxy J5". Was there because I flashed to many images?
    Its possible. Were you encrypted at all?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      TWRP 3.5.2_9 FOR GALAXY J5 (2015)

DISCLAIMER : I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY OR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE

FEATURES
      -Standard TWRP 3.5.2 features
      **-Nano and bash removed for now
      -Built with Android 9.0 sources
      -Backup/restore/format/mount:
      -IMEI 1, IMEI 2, FRP PARTITION, EFS, APNHLOS, RPM, MODEM, HIDDEN, QSEE, QHEE, PERSDATA, USB OTG
      -Android 11 compatible
      -Encryption

BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES
      -None so far

***Backup and restore info***

Some have reported having issues backing up and restoring beginning with Android 10, where upon restoring, a bootloop/stalled boot up occurs. A root fix flashable zip was referenced as the fix to this.
      The official solution to this, per TWRP managerial staff, is when backing up the system partition, use the system image instead of system. Its more reliable and efficient.

INSTALLATION
      1. Download TWRP image to your device
      2. Reboot to Recovery
      3. Install
      -a. via TWRP by selecting Install, Install Image, then select the image.​
      -b. via OrangeFox as a normal install.​
      4. Reboot to recovery.
      5. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

J5LTE (F/G/M/NO/Y)
      https://twrp.me/samsung/j5lte.html

J5NLTE (FN)
      https://twrp.me/samsung/j5nlte.html

J53gxx (H)
      https://twrp.me/samsung/j53gxx.html

J5LTECHN (8)
      https://twrp.me/samsung/j5ltechn.html

Credits
      Zakaryan2004 for his assistance

Sources
      TWRP source: https://github.com/minimal-manifest-twrp/platform_manifest_twrp_omni
      Device and Kernel trees: https://github.com/teamwin

XDA:DevDB Information
      [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.2_9 for Galaxy J5 (2015), Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
      palmbeach05

Version Information
      Stable
      Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9
      Stable Release Date: 2021-04-19

Created 2019-07-07
      Last Updated 2021-04-19
      Update
      3.3.1-1
      Changelong
      - TWRP repo sync
      - Fix FBE error message
      - Android 10 compatible
      - Add/ensure flashable boot, system, and recovery partitions
      - Add internal storage backup/restore
      - Add additional partitions for backup/restore (-IMEI 1, IMEI 2, FRP PARTITION, EFS, APNHLOS, RPM, MODEM, HIDDEN, QSEE, QHEE, PERSDATA, USB OTG)
      - Add boardconfig flag for backwards compatibility with non-sar setups (compatibility implemented/will be implemented in the future
      any chance that you building twrp for j5xnlte

Possibly. I might as well try to get all the variants up to par. Pm me the different model variants for the j5 2016's and i'll see what i can do over the weekend.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone