[OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.2_9 for Galaxy J5 (2016)

Search This thread

abdogeni

@palmbeach05 Thank you for supporting this device this long, and we hope you still maintain it, because I don't see a reason to upgrade, the phones are still the same, this device have an AMOLED panel that some recent phones don't have. This phone can run android 11 smoothly and can support 90Hz refresh rate too, it only needs software development, this is why I hope developers keep supporting and maintaining this device because it deserves.

Reactions: Ex novo

abdogeni

what do you mean by this? does your phone still fast as it was? my j5 is already lagging when i open 10 tabs of chrome. Even playing coc can be laggy sometimes
Maybe you have a bad battery, it is not providing enough power to the phone so this result in this behaviour, and 10 tabs of chrome!!! This is a lot if you ask me, the phone have only 2 GB of RAM, it's a normal behaviour then.

I use the stock ROM for now, I think it's better in some ways, the screen is very good, the camera too, ultimate battery saver, and many other things that I miss in custom ROMs. I use some tools to debloat the stock ROM, some developer settings too, and black theme to save more battery.

Not only that, but I just love this phone, I have an iPhone SE 1st generation, but I keep coming back to my J5 2016.

o_0mohammad0_o

Feb 27, 2019
Sari
Sony Xperia V
Sony Xperia Z2
Maybe you have a bad battery, it is not providing enough power to the phone so this result in this behaviour, and 10 tabs of chrome!!! This is a lot if you ask me, the phone have only 2 GB of RAM, it's a normal behaviour then.

I use the stock ROM for now, I think it's better in some ways, the screen is very good, the camera too, ultimate battery saver, and many other things that I miss in custom ROMs. I use some tools to debloat the stock ROM, some developer settings too, and black theme to save more battery.

Not only that, but I just love this phone, I have an iPhone SE 1st generation, but I keep coming back to my J5 2016.

Last edited:

hifriend

Nov 2, 2021
i have a problem i do everything right the moment i remove the battery and try to enter twrp, the phone doesnt boot in twrp...
i remove the "auto rebooot" option .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.5.2_9 FOR GALAXY J5 (2016)

DISCLAIMER : I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY OR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE

FEATURES
    -Standard TWRP 3.5.2 features
    **-Nano and bash removed for now
    -Built with Android 9.0 sources
    -Backup/restore/format/mount:
    -IMEI 1, IMEI 2, FRP PARTITION, EFS, APNHLOS, RPM, MODEM, HIDDEN, QSEE, QHEE, PERSDATA, USB OTG
    -Android 11 compatible
    -Encryption
    -J510H support dropped due to lack of feedback from users

BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES
    -None so far

***Backup and restore info***

Some have reported having issues backing up and restoring beginning with Android 10, where upon restoring, a bootloop/stalled boot up occurs. A root fix flashable zip was referenced as the fix to this.
    The official solution to this, per TWRP managerial staff, is when backing up the system partition, use the system image instead of system. Its more reliable and efficient.

INSTALLATION
    1. Download TWRP image to your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Install
    -a. via TWRP by selecting Install, Install Image, then select the image.​
    -b. via OrangeFox as a normal install.​
    4. Reboot to recovery.
    5. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

J5XNLTE/J5XLTE
    https://twrp.me/samsung/j5xnlte.html

J5XLTECMCC
    https://twrp.me/samsung/j5xltecmcc.html

Credits
    TWRP Team
    Zakaryan2004 for his assistance

Sources
    TWRP source: https://github.com/minimal-manifest-twrp/platform_manifest_twrp_omni
    Device and Kernel trees: https://github.com/teamwin

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.2_9 for Galaxy J5 (2016), Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    palmbeach05

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-19

Created 2019-10-01
    Last Updated 2021-04-19
    Update
    3.3.1-1
    Changelog
    - TWRP repo sync
    - Fix FBE error message
    - Android 10 compatible
    - Add/ensure flashable boot, system, and recovery partitions
    - Add internal storage backup/restore
    - Add boardconfig flag for backwards compatibility with non-sar setups (compatibility implemented/will be implemented in the future
    - Possible j510h support added (untested, no one seems to want to test)
    Builds are now up
    what do you mean by this? does your phone still fast as it was? my j5 is already lagging when i open 10 tabs of chrome. Even playing coc can be laggy sometimes

Mtp, adb, mounting, encryption, should all be working. New naming scheme per commit by twrp team. I just threw it in a zip (non flashable zip). Don't encrypt with android 11 yet