[Official] [Recovery] TWRP for daisy

Search This thread

nikolai7

Feb 16, 2016
I tried the 3.4 from deestroy and it says kinstalldeviceopenerror, which the offain 3.3 doesnt say. Is there any way to fix this issue in the deestroy one?

Reactions: Voldemort

Kaimilo

I tried the 3.4 from deestroy and it says kinstalldeviceopenerror, which the offain 3.3 doesnt say. Is there any way to fix this issue in the deestroy one?

Yes, i was messing around all entire afternoon, you have to use the unofficial twrp from this post

https://xdaforums.com/mi-a2-lite/how-to/detailed-installation-guide-custom-roms-t4142637

I installed, reinstalled several roms and things, and always same error or this one or error 7 aplying update, after this all works like charm

alann966

Apr 14, 2018
1. Enable developer options (your bootloader should still be unlocked)
2. adb reboot bootloader
3. fastboot boot twrp-daisy-3.2.3-0.img
4. Hit "Cancel" if you're prompted for a decrypt password
5. adb push ./twrp-installer-daisy-3.2.3-0.zip /sdcard
6. Run the install in TWRP to permanently install TWRP across both slots
7. Reboot (you can reboot afterwards to TWRP to verify it is there)

I followed this tutorial and went to a TWRP boot looping in the first time.

Then searching in XDA i have found this thread https://xdaforums.com/t/official-re...2-1-2-oreo-touch-recovery-2018-03-06.3688472/ where it says to change the partitions on installing the ZIP. I did this installation but now that i flashed TWRP 3.4, i cant access it with Power + Vol-. It goes to Fastboot mode.

Any ideas of what can i do to have TWRP working?

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
I followed this tutorial and went to a TWRP boot looping in the first time.

Then searching in XDA i have found this thread https://xdaforums.com/t/official-re...2-1-2-oreo-touch-recovery-2018-03-06.3688472/ where it says to change the partitions on installing the ZIP. I did this installation but now that i flashed TWRP 3.4, i cant access it with Power + Vol-. It goes to Fastboot mode.

Any ideas of what can i do to have TWRP working?
The button combination for recovery is power + Vol up.

Reactions: alann966

AntonyMan

Sep 25, 2017
Athens
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
This is the [official] TWRP for daisy.
So, if I understood right, is the version that cooperate better than other with _daisy (miA2Lite). Am I right?

I'm trying to install a LOS and I need to know if the last [official] TWRP is better fits to my device (miA2Lite) or is it not depended on device but LOS version?

As for the guide: Thank you again, thank you in advance, and please help the under averages little more.
Is the mentioned files updated or must be replaced by eu.dl.twrp.me/daisy/ latest ?
(ie. twrp-installer-3.6.0_9-dees_troy-daisy.zip & twrp-3.6.0_9-dees_troy-daisy.img ?)

Please make sure you're on the factory image.
If you aren't, the instructions to do that are here.
You will lose your data and you'll have to set up your phone again.
1. Enable developer options (your bootloader should still be unlocked) Should enable "USB debugging" too? (of-course, why not)
2. adb reboot bootloader
5. adb push ./twrp-installer-daisy-3.2.3-0.zip /sdcard (internal storage)
Can I use 'ADB sideload' if I like or don't have external SD ? like: adb sideload twrp-installer-daisy-3.2.3-0.zip

Warning! about when installing TWRP.zip always loosing root, if was rooted before.
6. Run the install in TWRP to permanently install TWRP across both slots What means both (a/b) slots ? what should I do for this ?
please explain few things here about use of TWRP to 'mount' or changing 'slots'. miA2Lite it's an A/B, isn't it? (...I'm messed)

7. Reboot (you can reboot afterwards to TWRP to verify it is there) adb reboot recovery cmd at this point should thus boot in installed TWRP ? (in other words: did TWRP installed in [default] "recovery" partition ? )

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11891673

This is the [official] TWRP for daisy.
So, if I understood right, is the version that cooperate better than other with _daisy (miA2Lite). Am I right?

I'm trying to install a LOS and I need to know if the last [official] TWRP is better fits to my device (miA2Lite) or is it not depended on device but LOS version?

As for the guide: Thank you again, thank you in advance, and please help the under averages little more.
Is the mentioned files updated or must be replaced by eu.dl.twrp.me/daisy/ latest ?
(ie. twrp-installer-3.6.0_9-dees_troy-daisy.zip & twrp-3.6.0_9-dees_troy-daisy.img ?)

Please make sure you're on the factory image.
If you aren't, the instructions to do that are here.
You will lose your data and you'll have to set up your phone again.
1. Enable developer options (your bootloader should still be unlocked) Should enable "USB debugging" too? (of-course, why not)
2. adb reboot bootloader
5. adb push ./twrp-installer-daisy-3.2.3-0.zip /sdcard (internal storage)
Can I use 'ADB sideload' if I like or don't have external SD ? like: adb sideload twrp-installer-daisy-3.2.3-0.zip

Warning! about when installing TWRP.zip always loosing root, if was rooted before.
6. Run the install in TWRP to permanently install TWRP across both slots What means both (a/b) slots ? what should I do for this ?
please explain few things here about use of TWRP to 'mount' or changing 'slots'. miA2Lite it's an A/B, isn't it? (...I'm messed)

7. Reboot (you can reboot afterwards to TWRP to verify it is there) adb reboot recovery cmd at this point should thus boot in installed TWRP ? (in other words: did TWRP installed in [default] "recovery" partition ? )
It is already very confusing and time-consuming to get the overview. Official ROMs and TWRP turn out to be early beta or unsuitable. Installation instructions of custom ROMs are incomplete, making it very difficult for beginners. If I want to switch to a new Android version, I will wait until the custom ROM including OTA works error-free after the experiences I have made. We use our devices as daily drivers and have neither the time nor the desire to repeatedly perform set ups.
Of course, I am also very grateful to the developers for their often really good work, but good things take time ... :)

Attachments

• Syberia_v5.2_TWRP_OTA.jpg
    Syberia_v5.2_TWRP_OTA.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 70
Hi. I attempt to install TWRP on mine Mi A2 Lite.
(OEM and debug USB are enabled)

My device is recognized, but I cant flash TWRP.
Code:
$ adb devices
List of devices attached
6772d6330305    device
$ adb reboot bootloader
$ fastboot devices
6772d6330305    fastboot
$ fastboot boot twrp-3.6.2_9-dees_troy-daisy.img
Sending 'boot.img' (43850 KB)                      OKAY [  1.097s]
Booting                                            FAILED (remote: 'unlock device to use this command')
fastboot: error: Command failed
$ fastboot flashing unlock
                                                   FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

One idea?
OK, it seems that `fastboot oem unlock` resolve the situation. :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

We've worked with TeamWin to get an official release of TWRP for daisy released, and here it is! We're sponsoring continued development of TWRP for daisy and other devices, so reach out to me if you have any questions.

I have to thank Dees_Troy & TeamWin for putting in the effort to make this available for us - donate here to support them directly.

So, without further ado, here's the download link. Here's a link to the source.

Please make sure you're on the factory image. If you aren't, the instructions to do that are here. You will lose your data and you'll have to set up your phone again.

1. Enable developer options (your bootloader should still be unlocked)
    2. adb reboot bootloader
    5. adb push ./twrp-installer-daisy-3.2.3-0.zip /sdcard
    6. Run the install in TWRP to permanently install TWRP across both slots
    7. Reboot (you can reboot afterwards to TWRP to verify it is there)

Thanks all - and feel free to post your experiences, questions, comments, and concerns.
    ❤️, Guava.
    Working with LineageOS team now on official LOS. Stay tuned. We will open up a bounty program to port ROMs to Mi A2 Lite.
    There is way too much conflicting information in this thread. Is it possible that someone can write a clear, up-to-date, guide on how to do flash TWRP *successfully* such that GSI roms can then be installed without (half)-bricking the device? I have been unable to make this work and trawling 35 pages to find the magic post with the right instructions hasn't worked.
    I successfully installed TWRP by @opal06 on Android PIE. (Version 10.0.2.0 PDLMIFJ)
    Edit: *** without root ***
    Guide:

Download: fixed-twrp-daisy.img
    Download: fixed-twrp-installer-daisy.zip

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Code:
    fastboot boot [B]fixed-twrp-daisy.img[/B]

Code:
    adb push ./[B]fixed-twrp-installer-daisy.zip[/B] /sdcard

Install -> fixed-twrp-installer-daisy.zip

You can start TWRP with Power + Volume Up

I have set a pattern for unlocking.
    It is queried at the start of TWRP to decrypt the data partition
    Internal memory and MicroSD are recognized correctly and are accessible. :highfive:

It seems so...

I want to look into the source code and try to fix this over Christmas, but I'm quite new to active development...
    It would be nice to see a community effort to fix this. A working recovery would be so important for this great device. As I said, I'm ready to throw in my time and the little knowledge I have, but if others are willing to help, we will be faster... ;)