• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] TWRP for Moto G LTE (peregrine)

Search This thread

_that

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 2, 2012
Team Win Recovery Project is the leading custom recovery for Android devices, built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its touch driven user interface is completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

TWRP main site and changelog: https://twrp.me

INSTALLATION:
Download and installation instructions: Official device page
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed.
1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
2) Reboot to TWRP
3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
OR:
Download the image to your computer and flash using fastboot:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-0-peregrine.img
The phone will complain about "Mismatched partition size (recovery)", but you can safely ignore this message.

SUPPORT:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. Please don't send me PMs, I usually read posts in this thread.

Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client. Remember that people have jobs and need to sleep, so if you don't get an answer, try again a few hours later.

TWRP source code (GPL v3): https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/tree/android-8.1
Device tree, thanks to luca020400: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_motorola_peregrine

Last edited:

wurstel

Dec 30, 2010
sweet, I flashed the *.img with flashify, and updated to latest cm13 via cyandelta, including xposed and a custom kernel. I even have the external sd formatted as an internal one in marshmallow, and twrp updated without any hicups. (with the old twrp this did not work, because it could not read the encrypted sd card). i am so happy, this is just awesome!

Inderlein

Jan 10, 2013
Mismatched partition size (recovery)

Hey,

I would love to flash CM on my wifes xt1039.
Do do so I'm trying to flash a recovery image, so far without success.
I did a reboot into bootloader:

adb reboot bootloader

after that I tried to flash different recovery images including yours:

fastboot flash recovery filename.img

I always get:

Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: image was flashed , so everthing is okay.. I didn't try a boot to recovery..

Last edited:
Reactions: aha360

pargop

Apr 2, 2013
Tallinn
Hey,

I would love to flash CM on my wifes xt1039.
Do do so I'm trying to flash a recovery image, so far without success.
I did a reboot into bootloader:

adb reboot bootloader

after that I tried to flash different recovery images including yours:

fastboot flash recovery filename.img

I always get:

Any ideas?

Thanks

What is the bootloader version?
I had the same once, when I first flashed costom recovery over stock. I just ignored that messge - everything works. If flashing, backup etc works, just ignore that message.

Reactions: aha360

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Work amazing and perfect. I felt it slower tough to flash and backup.. but it may be my SDCARD that is getting old (who knows).

I have a question, on the prev version, i could backup the radio only, is it possible to do it on this. I only found Data, Cache, System and Boot to backup.

danny8

Feb 14, 2012
Houston
Beautiful!

Very nice! :) THANK YOU for this. :D

I just made my first nandroid backup to "internal" slotted SD card which was formatted as an extension to "regular" internal storage. (Man, I feel badly for new Android users coming to terms with slotted SD cards. What a pain!) It was much faster than using the USB OTG storage, which is what I had previously been doing.

While tweaking the name of my backup, I noticed some keyboard editing flakiness. Nothing I couldn't handle.

Again, thanks for doing this!

BTW, it took me an hour to install this via adb interface. I was bound and determined not to use Flashify. (Nothing wrong with Flashify, I just wanted to use ADB ). I got a "waiting for device" message. Finally resolved that by installing the Windows driver package from Motorola's web site.

Windows 10 laptop issuing ADB commands to XT1045 in bootloader mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: meekrawb

satanas17

Jan 22, 2008
www.duckduckgo.com
Hi and thanks for the hard work ;)
Just flashed and i've made a little tour.
Effectively, some little lags but nothing enough relevant to talk about.
Very nice translation and presentation.
Seems to be efficient.
Noticed too, much less choices when saving...is this because just a beginning ?

Last edited:

Gianlu92

Apr 13, 2015
Torre del Greco, Naples
Has anyone tried to restore an old backup made with the old 2.8.7 recovery with this 3.0.0 version? In my case, it gets stucked while restoring data, I flashed the old recovery and it is working fine. Now that my daily driver boots I'll try to flash 3.0.0 again and take a backup directly from there.

Reactions: beraca

Top Liked Posts