TeamWin Recovery Project 3.2.3
WARNING #1: Unlocking BL and flashing a custom recovery voids your warranty. Please make sure to contact your carrier/seller if your phone is still under warranty after unlocking the bootloader.
WARNING #2: Make sure you have enabled OEM unlock and unlocked bootloader before trying to flash this. How you can successful root and install TWRP will be described below.
WHAT IS TWRP?
Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.
HOW-TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
1. Get bootloader Unlock code here
2. Install minimal adb and fastboot
3. Plug in your phone and make sure all huawei drivers got installed
4. Enable developer options in settings as described above.
5. Enable OEM unlock, enable USB debugging (both in developer options)
6. Open the adb tool you installed recently
7. Type fastboot devices (now a device number should show up)
8. Type fastboot reboot-bootloader (your phone will now boot into bootloader, if not, you haven't set up drivers or adb/fastboot correctly)
9. This step will wipe all your data! Type:
fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10. Ones it's done type:
11. You can now go on installing TWRP on your device
- Make sure you enabled OEM unlock in settings, if you haven't please do that now by tipping 10 times on build number (to activate developer options), than open developer options and go to OEM unlock, enable it
- Have an unlocked bootloader is required! (In my case, I login the unlocker website at provide necessary information and get the unlock code so try yourself !!!)
- Download the TWRP recovery from the download section below
- Make sure you got fastboot drivers installed (I will describe this below in how to unlock your bootloader)
- Open the adb/fastboot application on your pc and go to the directory where your TWRP img file is downloaded
- Boot your phone into download mode (First method: fastboot reboot-bootloader while connected to pc. Second method: power off your phone, hit power on and volume down until it boots to download mode)
- Check again if there is written: unlocked phone!
- If yes type now into your adb/fastboot terminal:
Type:fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-CRO_U00.img
- Now boot into recovery by pressing: power+volume up+volume down at the same time
- Enjoy twrp
- Backup, just in case
- Have an unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed from above (take one from december)
- We will use this root method: Phh's superuser
- Download latest official phh superuser zip here.
- Put the zip on your external sd card of your phone (since we can't access /data in twrp)
- Boot into twrp and flash the downloaded file
- Install latest Material phh apk: Release post
- Now you are rooted, congrats!
(Test your Device, if you want to take the risk )
Official Release Link : https://twrp.me/huawei/huaweiy32017.html
Updated Link Shared In Next Post.
- Omni 5.1.1 Minimal Twrp Source
- Ubuntu 16.04
More Information Given Later