[OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] [TWRP] TWRP for OnePlus 5T

Search This thread

aggregate1166877

Sep 30, 2013
TWRP download links are broken, even on the original TWRP site :(

EDIT:
Found the download link.

Weirdly, there are 2 pages for OP5T on the TWRP site; one named "OnePlus 5T," and one named "OnePlus 5/5T." The former contains the same broken links that this post does, whereas the latter does not.

Successfully flashed TWRP twrp-3.4.0-0 from the latter using firmware 9.0.9. I cannot post links, so add the needed slashes yourself:
Main page: https twrp.me oneplus/oneplus5-5t.html
Download page: https dl.twrp.me cheeseburger_dumpling/twrp-3.4.0-0-cheeseburger_dumpling.img.html

EDIT 2:
Perhaps not too relevant here, but in addition to cache/dalvik wipe, I also had to reset selinux contexts from TWRP. Prior to that it bootlooped before even getting to the boot logo.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoanbtr

aftnoon2

Sep 22, 2011
Madrid
I have the same.
I tried to downgrade to the former TWRP (version 3.2.3-2) but it is getting stuck at the black screen with the light blue LED colour on.

So, 3.3.0.0 is definitely destroying something. Do NOT flash it if you are still on 3.2.x !!
Ohh, sh****t, that's almost exactly what happened to me some days ago!
I wanted to flash 3.3.x over 3.2.3, on recovery, taking the 3.3.x.img. Then, black screen and blue led.
I tried to re-flash 3.2.3 through fastboot. Apparently, the flashing is successful ("OKAY" messages), but rebooting to recovery gives me the same results :black screen.

I must say that the phone isn't bricked, as I can reboot to System either through fastboot menu or pressing some seconds the power button.
There's nothing to do to recover a working Recovery?

Rinoceros

Jul 8, 2008
Ohh, sh****t, that's almost exactly what happened to me some days ago!
I wanted to flash 3.3.x over 3.2.3, on recovery, taking the 3.3.x.img. Then, black screen and blue led.
I tried to re-flash 3.2.3 through fastboot. Apparently, the flashing is successful ("OKAY" messages), but rebooting to recovery gives me the same results :black screen.

I must say that the phone isn't bricked, as I can reboot to System either through fastboot menu or pressing some seconds the power button.
There's nothing to do to recover a working Recovery?

I didn't went to the original 3.2.3 from TWRP but I managed to get a fork running: twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.85_treble-op5_op5t
This Blu spark version is still running on my daily driver.
If a search can't give you results, I still have this version in my archive.

aftnoon2

Sep 22, 2011
Madrid
I didn't went to the original 3.2.3 from TWRP but I managed to get a fork running: twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.85_treble-op5_op5t
This Blu spark version is still running on my daily driver.
If a search can't give you results, I still have this version in my archive.

Yes, just what I did yesterday : I've been able to flash it through fastboot.
9.85 forever!
Edit : I must say that in all these cases, it was the Blu_Spark fork, not the official

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for the OnePlus 5T with File Based Encryption support. Everything is working as expected! Unlock your device with fastboot oem unlock and then fastboot flash the recovery. The stock rom WILL reset your recovery on boot!

Not working / issues
    Restoring data partition from backups will lead to boot issues if FBE-encrypted. It's not a TWRP issue but rather a side effect on how FBE works.

Download

SOURCE
    Device Tree
    Kernel
    Patch for FBE
    Manifest For Omni-7.1

Credits:
    Code:
    rhcp011235 - General help, testing, whatnot
    xdevs23 - pointing us at the patch for FBE

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    simonsickle, Dees_Troy, bigbiff
    Source Code: https://github.com/SimonSickle/android_device_oneplus_dumpling

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-01

Created 2017-12-07
    Last Updated 2017-12-07
    Updated to 3.2.0. Enjoy!

Also, this is now official: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus5t.html
    Official will be updated and maintained with proper, non hacked together support. To do that, everything must be tested and understood before throwing things and seeing what sticks.

USB OTG currently isn’t working due to the kernel not sending power. I’m continuing to investigate the best solution, wether it be a kernel fix to always enable it or to use the built in functionality.

As for the theme, please don’t ask here. You can easily install any theme you wish through the built in functionality. Ask the creator of whatever theme to make the proper zip file.

This is due to the ID in the usb init. There was no reason to change it since it is working.

Restores work on both the official and blue spark versions. the warning is there so that users are aware their data can be lost.

Finally, this is not the place to tell users what to use and what not to. This is a development thread that I’m welcoming specific support questions in. The choice of which build to use is ultimately up to the user; please do not debate builds etc. support issues are the only thing that should be posted in this thread. Create a thread in general for anything else.
    OTG and DT2W are coming to the next build of TWRP. Stay tuned to the TWRP app for new IMG
    Dont use it for now!

5T users are advised to stay on TWRP by ibe or bluspark as official twrp has issues with data restore, I have tested restore on ibe and bluspark and both work fine for now. Looking at the past track of OnePlus devices official for dumpling would also not be maintained and further updated so it's best to stay on unofficial for now which would be frequently maintained and updated.

Thanks to @FuNkWizard for his tests and heads up.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone