[OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] [TWRP] TWRP for OnePlus 5T

Search This thread

edewaal97

Jun 20, 2014
I had the same issue as others with the error when backing up. I flashed the file that should fix it, didn't work...
Than I ran the code which was in the zip file in the terminal. After that the backup went fine, but when opening launcher it made a parrallel app for all apps installed on the device.
At that point I found the command earlier provided, I ran it, and all went away.:
Code:
pm remove-user 999
Is there going to be a fix for this issue, as I want to use the parrallel apps feature in the near feature when my second sim arrives?

Last edited:

ricky.kohli

Oct 15, 2016
Thanks! Yes, it lets me into TWRP Everytime with my pass key. I just have never, ever had to do that is the past owning a million phones so thought I did something wrong.

Had a Nexus 5 which I had encrypted, TWRP always asked for PIN before letting me in, similar to OP5T. You didn't do anything wrong, this is normal behaviour.

peteus

Apr 26, 2009
SmartLock turns blank, and even after toggling trust agents to get it back, it will turn blank after reboot or sometime during use on 5t. Magisk 14.5 could be the culprit.

SilverSurger

Nov 5, 2010
SmartLock also turns blank on my unrooted 5t, seems to be an issue with OxygenOS.
This fixed it for me:
1. Disable the Trust-Agent for Smart-Lock
2. Now reboot
3. Enable the Trus-Agent again

Have it running for a few days now and can get back into the config everytime so far.

muhkobb

Feb 22, 2011
Bremen
This fixed it for me:
1. Disable the Trust-Agent for Smart-Lock
2. Now reboot
3. Enable the Trus-Agent again

Have it running for a few days now and can get back into the config everytime so far.
Disabling the Trust Agent and leaving it disabled before rebooting also fixes it temporarily for me.
However after each boot, it's a 50:50 chance that Smart Lock is disabled again, which is really annoying. :silly:

PeterGuru

Mar 23, 2008
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Not using parallel apps or multi user mode. Just plain old 4.7.4 OOS. Nothing fancy that I know of.

recovery.log is a bit long. Any idea what to grep for?

Thats plain wrong. Stop pretending there is no issue. There is a serious issue.

Well, it seems I agree. I simply cannot restore my data partition. No, I do NOT have parallel apps set. My data/media folder only has "0" and "obb", and I have no idea what "obb" is. I'm using official TWRP 3.2.1-0, and stock OxygenOS 4.7.4.

Any ideas?

Peter

Addendum: I erased everything, except internal storage, re-flashed OOS 4.7.4, completed the initial set-up, rebooted into bootloader, flashed blu_spark TWRP, rebooted into recovery, rebooted system, rebooted back to BS recovery, performed a Nandroid, tried to restore the Nandroid, but got the same error message.

So, I'm completely stumped. What's the use of TWRP if you can't restore? Isn't that the MAIN reason for having a custom recovery? Okay, other than flashing ROMs, but if you can't restore, flashing ROMs becomes moot.

Last edited:

ny-hardcore

Jan 21, 2006
I had the same issue as others with the error when backing up. I flashed the file that should fix it, didn't work...
Than I ran the code which was in the zip file in the terminal. After that the backup went fine, but when opening launcher it made a parrallel app for all apps installed on the device.
At that point I found the command earlier provided, I ran it, and all went away.:

Is there going to be a fix for this issue, as I want to use the parrallel apps feature in the near feature when my second sim arrives?
I use 'app cloner' from the play store for this now.
Backup works when using this app.

PeterGuru

Mar 23, 2008
I use 'app cloner' from the play store for this now.
Backup works when using this app.

Please forgive my misunderstanding, but when you say "Backup works," do you mean the ability to perform a Nandroid? If that's the case, that's not the problem. I can do a Nandroid without any problems. The problem comes when I try to restore the Nandroid. I can restore everything except the DATA partition. If I try to do that, I get a 255 error message at the end.

Peter

ny-hardcore

Jan 21, 2006
Please forgive my misunderstanding, but when you say "Backup works," do you mean the ability to perform a Nandroid? If that's the case, that's not the problem. I can do a Nandroid without any problems. The problem comes when I try to restore the Nandroid. I can restore everything except the DATA partition. If I try to do that, I get a 255 error message at the end.

Peter
Restore data also works. The app cloner makes a cloned apk.

PeterGuru

Mar 23, 2008
Restore data also works. The app cloner makes a cloned apk.

Out of curiosity, the App Cloner makes a clone of what? Do I simply need to install the App Cloner and then my Nandroid Data Restore will work, or do I need to do something "inside" the App Cloner first?

Peter

P.S. I installed the App Cloner apk, then rebooted into TWRP recovery, performed a Nandroid, rebooted, rebooted into TWRP recovery, performed a restore of the previous Nandroid, and I STILL have the extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255.

Last edited:

ny-hardcore

Jan 21, 2006
Okay, I'm still confused. No offense, but you did not answer my question.

Now that I installed the App Cloner, what do I have to do? Anything? Because I tried performing and Nandroid and restoring it, and again it didn't work.

What do I have to do AFTER I've installed the App Cloner app?

Thanks,
Peter
You first get rid of the parallel apps using the command mentioned earlier in this thread. (the one that removes the extra user)
You then clone the apps you want to have twice with app cloner
Then you make a nandroid backup that you can restore

PeterGuru

Mar 23, 2008
You first get rid of the parallel apps using the command mentioned earlier in this thread. (the one that removes the extra user)
You then clone the apps you want to have twice with app cloner
Then you make a nandroid backup that you can restore

But I don't want to clone any apps. Also, I was never using parallel apps before. Is what you said necessary JUST to be able to restore a Nandroid? Seems very strange in my 10+ years of flashing ROMs.

Peter

Reactions: Ippolito1971

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for the OnePlus 5T with File Based Encryption support. Everything is working as expected! Unlock your device with fastboot oem unlock and then fastboot flash the recovery. The stock rom WILL reset your recovery on boot!

Not working / issues
    Restoring data partition from backups will lead to boot issues if FBE-encrypted. It's not a TWRP issue but rather a side effect on how FBE works.

Download

SOURCE
    Device Tree
    Kernel
    Patch for FBE
    Manifest For Omni-7.1

Credits:
    Code:
    rhcp011235 - General help, testing, whatnot
    xdevs23 - pointing us at the patch for FBE

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    simonsickle, Dees_Troy, bigbiff
    Source Code: https://github.com/SimonSickle/android_device_oneplus_dumpling

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-01

Created 2017-12-07
    Last Updated 2017-12-07
    Updated to 3.2.0. Enjoy!

Also, this is now official: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus5t.html
    Official will be updated and maintained with proper, non hacked together support. To do that, everything must be tested and understood before throwing things and seeing what sticks.

USB OTG currently isn’t working due to the kernel not sending power. I’m continuing to investigate the best solution, wether it be a kernel fix to always enable it or to use the built in functionality.

As for the theme, please don’t ask here. You can easily install any theme you wish through the built in functionality. Ask the creator of whatever theme to make the proper zip file.

This is due to the ID in the usb init. There was no reason to change it since it is working.

Restores work on both the official and blue spark versions. the warning is there so that users are aware their data can be lost.

Finally, this is not the place to tell users what to use and what not to. This is a development thread that I’m welcoming specific support questions in. The choice of which build to use is ultimately up to the user; please do not debate builds etc. support issues are the only thing that should be posted in this thread. Create a thread in general for anything else.
    OTG and DT2W are coming to the next build of TWRP. Stay tuned to the TWRP app for new IMG
    Dont use it for now!

5T users are advised to stay on TWRP by ibe or bluspark as official twrp has issues with data restore, I have tested restore on ibe and bluspark and both work fine for now. Looking at the past track of OnePlus devices official for dumpling would also not be maintained and further updated so it's best to stay on unofficial for now which would be frequently maintained and updated.

Thanks to @FuNkWizard for his tests and heads up.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone