[Official][Recovery][TWRP]TWRP For Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus/Redmi Note 5

Search This thread

TingyiChen

May 28, 2016
Huanggang
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
Download : TWRP For Vince
Source Device Tree: Device Tree For Building TWRP

Telegram Group: https://t.me/redmi5plusofficial
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/vinceroms

Last edited:

zerodi

Jun 4, 2010
cebu, ph
Phone ordered, can't wait till it arrives.

Ive also ordered one, and now seeing they are rumoring the 'Note 5' actual , so i hope this device gets some support, sd625 has great performance/battery life , Im still using a note4x with a cracked screen on Oreo8.1 because of this fact.

Thanks for TWRP, cant wait to try - Oh btw theres a seller on alibaba doing the global rom install for you when you order the phone and they also unlock the bootloader, so that saves time. Pm me if anyone would like the link...

Reactions: j2mbf

TingyiChen

May 28, 2016
Huanggang
Reactions: donniemceduns

donniemceduns

Jun 11, 2014
Go xiaomi site to unlock, lineage download link:
http://digitalocean.isaacchen.cn/lineage-14.1-20180104-UNOFFICIAL-vince.zip

Don't forget to add qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 manually...I forgot to add
I tried unlocking the bootloader. I got an error from the Mi Unlock tool that i should wait for 360 hours (15 days!) before i try again to unlock the device.

Can i unlock the Redmi 5plus manually?, i manually unlocked my Redmi note 3 and 4x manually by myself. Am not just sure the same process would work the 5plus ?

szxa21

May 8, 2013
I tried unlocking the bootloader. I got an error from the Mi Unlock tool that i should wait for 360 hours (15 days!) before i try again to unlock the device.

Can i unlock the Redmi 5plus manually?, i manually unlocked my Redmi note 3 and 4x manually by myself. Am not just sure the same process would work the 5plus ?

Did you apply for the unlock code or you have a MIUI forum account with unlock eligibility?

donniemceduns

Jun 11, 2014
Did you apply for the unlock code or you have a MIUI forum account with unlock eligibility?
i applied.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I applied with my account

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Its not working!. I applied and got Unlock permission almost an hour after, tried to ulock bootloader, got to 99% and asked me to try in 360 hours.

Please can i use adb commands to unlock the bootloader?.
I tried "fastboot oem unlock" command but its not working because my phone is not in EDL mode. Am currently have troubles getting the phone into Edl mode. Do you have any idea how to get Edl mode in MIUI 9?

MGREX

Dec 4, 2011
Ive also ordered one, and now seeing they are rumoring the 'Note 5' actual , so i hope this device gets some support, sd625 has great performance/battery life , Im still using a note4x with a cracked screen on Oreo8.1 because of this fact.

Thanks for TWRP, cant wait to try - Oh btw theres a seller on alibaba doing the global rom install for you when you order the phone and they also unlock the bootloader, so that saves time. Pm me if anyone would like the link...

Sent you a PM

As for the Note5 I heard there wont be one and the Mi max 3 will get a 636 instead

Rumors as always but I rather get a note5 since the mm3 is said to be 7 inch

Ruturaj Kadam

Do you mean I have to open up build.prop, add that line, before I run TWRP to install the ROM? If so, I think I can manage it. If not, I need more guidance please.

Skip through lineage setup and download build.prop editor and add line :)

On more thing, I clicked on the lineage link and its not working. (Its giving some error)

Also I don;t have the device yet so I can try on mine. I suggest you to wait for official release.

Redmi 5 Plus has SD 625 which means a lot of custom roms (If we get developer support)

Just wait for a official/unofficial stable release :)

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

Sent you a PM

As for the Note5 I heard there wont be one and the Mi max 3 will get a 636 instead

Rumors as always but I rather get a note5 since the mm3 is said to be 7 inch

Redmi Note 5 is rumored to be released in Q2 2018 with dual cameras.

If dual cameras, I'll buy it. Redmi 5 Plus is already in my waitlist :(

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    Download : TWRP For Vince
    Source Device Tree: Device Tree For Building TWRP

Telegram Group: https://t.me/redmi5plusofficial
    Telegram Channel: https://t.me/vinceroms
    Could u make one for the Redmi 5?

Once i receive the phone in my hands and Xiaomi release the Global base, yes :good:
    Hi back guys,

I've spent many hours to understand why i was stuck on MI logo at the boot of my system (after many flashs of different recovery and stock roms -because i wanted to keep my original MUI rom). The answer is written in few words in this topic in the middle of all the rest unfortunately, and i guess that it could be a great idea to stick on the first page the good process.
    This is what i did (it's really step by step, if needed for new comers ;) ). It works at 100%.

1. Boot your device in FASTBOOT mode
    2. Open a Cmd console and flash your recovery
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (twrp.img = the file of your recovery)
    3. Reboot in your recovery freshly flashed in holding Power + Vol Up
    4. Once in your recovery, first warning with TWRP according to the Read Only. Just Swipe to allow modifications
    5. Normally here, you get the prompt asking for your password because of the MUI data encryption. Just clic Cancel
    6. Then go to Wipe, and clic Format Data
    7. Go to reboot, and reboot to recovery
    8. Back anew in your recovery, the previous prompt for password has disapeared normally. You should be in the read only warning (if you didn't tick "don't ask me again") or in the twrp menu.
    9. Go to mount, enable usb storage and plug your phone to your computer to be able to access to your device storage on your pc.
    10. There are now the important steps to not be stuck on the mi logo:
      • Choose your way to root your device. Super SU or Magisk and download their last version .zip file (it doesn't matter which one. I'm with magisk but i read people who did with Super Su, working like a charm).
      • Copy your zip to the storage of your device.
      • Once's done, clic on Unmount in TWRP
    11. Go to Install, and select your file.zip according to SuperSu or Magisk and Swipe to Flash
    12. Reboot in System
    13. All should boot ok so you can take peace :)
    Thanks. Does anyone know if custom ROM like Lineage will be available anytime soon?
    Already booted,now bug: camera,goodix fingerprint and music playback
    Which is better Redwolf TWRP or TWRP

RWRP is basically malware. Nobody in their right mind should ever want to use that piece of garbage. It's just ripped off from proper TWRP by some fascist script kiddies who want to dictate what you can and can't do with your phone.