London
When I do
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

I get
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (36756 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.848s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Anti-rollback check failed)
finished. total time: 0.858s

I've unlocked my bootloader and enabled USB debugging, so what else do I need to do.

Also, what does this mean?
"This means that swiping to allow system modifications will prevent you from being able to boot if you are using the stock kernel. In order to bypass dm-verity's boot prevention, you will have to install a kernel that has dm-verity disabled in the fstab."

What does it mean by "swiping to allow system modifications" and where do we get a "kernel that has dm-verity disabled in the fstab"?

EDIT: Never mind, turns out I have Whyred/Note 5 Pro, not Vince!

Last edited:

CraF

Jun 24, 2005
Prague
Hi
I have unlocked device.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img finished without errors, but when I try goto recovery, i still see Mi-Recovery 3.0. What i doing wrong?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi
I have unlocked device.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img finished without errors, but when I try goto recovery, i still see Mi-Recovery 3.0. What i doing wrong?

If you have Redmi 5 Plus then flash recovery as you did it and before to reboot to system reboot to recovery by typing fastboot boot twrp.img as you renamed it.

Reactions: CraF

CraF

Jun 24, 2005
Prague
If you have Redmi 5 Plus then flash recovery as you did it and before to reboot to system reboot to recovery by typing fastboot boot twrp.img as you renamed it.

Yes i have 5 plus.

When I make "fastboot boot twrp.img" after flashing, all working, but when after that i reboot to system and back to recovery, i still heve Mi-Recovery 3.0:( And also TWRP asking for password for decrypting data.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Yes i have 5 plus.

When I make "fastboot boot twrp.img" after flashing, all working, but when after that i reboot to system and back to recovery, i still heve Mi-Recovery 3.0:( And also TWRP asking for password for decrypting data.

You say that is going back to Mi-Recovery buth then you say that TWRP is asking for decrypting data then I guess you installed TWRP at the end. You have to just swipe to allow modifications, no password needed.

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
Yes i have 5 plus.

That does not flash anything. You are simply hotbooting the twrp recovery image, leaving the installed miui recovery intact. You first have to run "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img", and then run "fastboot boot twrp.img".

However, since your twrp clearly cannot decrypt your encrypted data, you had better flash one that can properly decrypt your encrypted data.

CraF

Jun 24, 2005
Prague
1. fastboot flash recovery twrp.img - OK
2. fastboot boot twrp.img - TWRP booted, but asking for decription password and no slider for allow modyfication, only asking for password. If I press Cancel, TWRP start working but all partitions have 0 size. And after restart to system and back to recovery I see MI-Recovery

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
1. fastboot flash recovery twrp.img - OK
2. fastboot boot twrp.img - TWRP booted, but asking for decription password and no slider for allow modyfication, only asking for password. If I press Cancel, TWRP start working but all partitions have 0 size. And after restart to system and back to recovery I see MI-Recovery
Try OrangeFox twrp.

Reactions: CraF

CraF

Jun 24, 2005
Prague

BIG-BIG-BIG Thnx:)
Finally all working:)

Manual for same newbies as me:
1. Download official OrangeFox TWRP
2. Extract recovery.img from downloaded file
3. Run
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img
4. On first screen swipe "Allow modification"
5. After that U can do anything:)

Thanx for advising to Darth...:)

AceMuffins

Nov 18, 2018
Phone boots into normal recovery after installing TWRP (Redmi 5 Plus)

Note that i used the fastboot method listed on the official TWRP website under the Redmi 5 Plus section
Ive tried reinstalling TWRP like 5 times already and wiping everything on my phone 2 times, im getting desperate, if you can, please help me
Also note that it asks me for a password whenever i first boot into TWRP, the process of me installing twrp went a little like this:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-vince.img
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-vince.img
And thats it, i booted into twrp and it asked me for a password, and no matter what i put into the box, nothing works

blurryface8

Oct 31, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
Note that i used the fastboot method listed on the official TWRP website under the Redmi 5 Plus section
Ive tried reinstalling TWRP like 5 times already and wiping everything on my phone 2 times, im getting desperate, if you can, please help me
Also note that it asks me for a password whenever i first boot into TWRP, the process of me installing twrp went a little like this:
adb reboot bootloader
And thats it, i booted into twrp and it asked me for a password, and no matter what i put into the box, nothing works

I faced the same problem ..but i just clicked the cancel..and wiped the system ..and then advance wiped ..then installed rom immediately ...now im using pixel experience rom ..and i cant.mount internal storage but sdcard accessible...so, i do installations using external sdcard..

AndroBuddy007

Feb 11, 2017
Durgapur
adb reboot bootloader
I faced the same problem ..but i just clicked the cancel..and wiped the system ..and then advance wiped ..then installed rom immediately ...now im using pixel experience rom ..and i cant.mount internal storage but sdcard accessible...so, i do installations using external sdcard..
You should have hit the cancel button and then go to wipe and do FORMAT DATA.
Note here that FORMAT DATA is DIFFERENT from ADVANCED WIPE.

Anmol108

Jul 12, 2015
I have rooted my phone just and after installation of latest twrp i am facing weird problem whenever iam opening twrp after a complete ROM installation (ROM,opengapps,magisk)now when I open the twrp my internal storage gets to 0mb I have to again format and than do any installation
How I can solve this issue

I have rooted my phone just and after installation of latest twrp i am facing weird problem whenever iam opening twrp after a complete ROM installation (ROM,opengapps,magisk)now when I open the twrp my internal storage gets to 0mb I have to again format and than do any installation
Some problem here. Happen after install miui 10 oreo version.

Enviado do meu Redmi 5 Plus através do Tapatalk

blurryface8

Oct 31, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro

Install orangefox recovery ...via sd card. Will solve. Every problem

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Orangefox :
Download for Vince

Reactions: Anmol108

khalmika

Sep 30, 2016
TWRP 3.2.1-0 kinda glitched my phone's touchscreen!
Several weeks ago booted into recovery and suddenly touchscreen stopped working. I sent my phone to support and they changed the entire screen module. Today I got my phone working perfectly. I boot into recovery again and f%$k. Again. Touchscreen not working. What can I do? All I can do is boot the phone into fastboot and use fastboot commands.
But turning off the phone and on again do nothing. And I don't want to spend more money on the support when I know it is TWRP doing stuff with the touchscreen.
Any idea? Pls it's my daily driver :'(
It's been working perfectly since March or April (2018). I wasn't experimenting with some experimental builds or something

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    Download : TWRP For Vince
    Source Device Tree: Device Tree For Building TWRP

Telegram Group: https://t.me/redmi5plusofficial
    Telegram Channel: https://t.me/vinceroms
    Could u make one for the Redmi 5?

Once i receive the phone in my hands and Xiaomi release the Global base, yes :good:
    Hi back guys,

I've spent many hours to understand why i was stuck on MI logo at the boot of my system (after many flashs of different recovery and stock roms -because i wanted to keep my original MUI rom). The answer is written in few words in this topic in the middle of all the rest unfortunately, and i guess that it could be a great idea to stick on the first page the good process.
    This is what i did (it's really step by step, if needed for new comers ;) ). It works at 100%.

1. Boot your device in FASTBOOT mode
    2. Open a Cmd console and flash your recovery
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (twrp.img = the file of your recovery)
    3. Reboot in your recovery freshly flashed in holding Power + Vol Up
    4. Once in your recovery, first warning with TWRP according to the Read Only. Just Swipe to allow modifications
    5. Normally here, you get the prompt asking for your password because of the MUI data encryption. Just clic Cancel
    6. Then go to Wipe, and clic Format Data
    7. Go to reboot, and reboot to recovery
    8. Back anew in your recovery, the previous prompt for password has disapeared normally. You should be in the read only warning (if you didn't tick "don't ask me again") or in the twrp menu.
    9. Go to mount, enable usb storage and plug your phone to your computer to be able to access to your device storage on your pc.
    10. There are now the important steps to not be stuck on the mi logo:
      • Choose your way to root your device. Super SU or Magisk and download their last version .zip file (it doesn't matter which one. I'm with magisk but i read people who did with Super Su, working like a charm).
      • Copy your zip to the storage of your device.
      • Once's done, clic on Unmount in TWRP
    11. Go to Install, and select your file.zip according to SuperSu or Magisk and Swipe to Flash
    12. Reboot in System
    13. All should boot ok so you can take peace :)
    Thanks. Does anyone know if custom ROM like Lineage will be available anytime soon?
    Already booted,now bug: camera,goodix fingerprint and music playback
    Which is better Redwolf TWRP or TWRP

RWRP is basically malware. Nobody in their right mind should ever want to use that piece of garbage. It's just ripped off from proper TWRP by some fascist script kiddies who want to dictate what you can and can't do with your phone.