[Official][Recovery][TWRP]TWRP For Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus/Redmi Note 5

Search This thread

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
TWRP 3.2.1-0 kinda glitched my phone's touchscreen!
Several weeks ago booted into recovery and suddenly touchscreen stopped working. I sent my phone to support and they changed the entire screen module. Today I got my phone working perfectly. I boot into recovery again and f%$k. Again. Touchscreen not working. What can I do? All I can do is boot the phone into fastboot and use fastboot commands.
But turning off the phone and on again do nothing. And I don't want to spend more money on the support when I know it is TWRP doing stuff with the touchscreen.
Any idea? Pls it's my daily driver :'(
You can flash a MIUI fastboot ROM with the mi flash tool. That should fix the touchscreen issue. It will replace your recovery with the stock MIUI recovery, and will install a working firmware. Choose the option that replaces everything but leaves your data intact - and make sure that you don't let it lock your bootloader again - else, more tears.

You can then start all over with the custom recovery ...

Reactions: khalmika

khalmika

Sep 30, 2016
You can flash a MIUI fastboot ROM with the mi flash tool. That should fix the touchscreen issue. It will replace your recovery with the stock MIUI recovery, and will install a working firmware. Choose the option that replaces everything but leaves your data intact - and make sure that you don't let it lock your bootloader again - else, more tears.

You can then start all over with the custom recovery ...

god thanks! (just hit the button <3 )

idk why I did this, but I booted a miui stock recovery .img via fastboot, then flashed twrp 3.2.3-0, booted the img again, then tried to boot into twrp and the touch is now fixed. Don't know what really happened

Reactions: changhe

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
god thanks! (just hit the button <3 )

idk why I did this, but I booted a miui stock recovery .img via fastboot, then flashed twrp 3.2.3-0, booted the img again, then tried to boot into twrp and the touch is now fixed. Don't know what really happened
:) You did a shortcut to what I suggested. The problem is that the firmware for the display panel got trashed. This is not TWRP's fault - it sometimes happens, for no specific reason that anyone has yet been able to explain. Sometimes just flashing the stock recovery is sufficient to replace the trashed firmware with a good one, and to fix the problem. Sometimes a full MIUI fastboot ROM needs to be flashed (this will always solve the problem - you don't even need to bootup the fastboot ROM after flashing it).

In any case, one should always have a full fastboot ROM to hand, so as to be able to recover readily from situations like this. It can be terribly scary when something like this happens - but the solution, as you have seen, is quite straightforward .

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Also fix the touch screen issue at least temporarily by erasing recovery partition and then flashing the desired recovery through fastboot, disconnect from PC and boot manually to recovery.

dunzing_master

Oct 11, 2016
Internal storage 0mb in Twrp 3.2.3 for redmi note 5 (Vince)

I have rooted my phone just and after installation of latest twrp i am facing weird problem whenever iam opening twrp after a complete ROM installation (ROM,opengapps,magisk)now when I open the twrp my internal storage gets to 0mb I have to again format and than do any installation
How I can solve this issue

I have redmi note 5 , aosp extended v6.6, twrp -v3.2.3, magisk 19.3 installed .I can't use ota update because in twrp recovery it shows "internal storage 0mb" .I have wipe it already 30 times and also tried "repair file system " . It works until next reboot, as soon as I reboot to recovery for installing updated ROM or updated magisk version it again says "internal storage 0mb" .Also in magisk "preserve force encryption" option is ticked(checked) and "preserve AVB 2.0/dm- verity is unticked (unchecked). What to do?

Bi0haZarD

Oct 19, 2007
Asus Transformer TF300T
LG G3
I have redmi note 5 , aosp extended v6.6, twrp -v3.2.3, magisk 19.3 installed .I can't use ota update because in twrp recovery it shows "internal storage 0mb" .I have wipe it already 30 times and also tried "repair file system " . It works until next reboot, as soon as I reboot to recovery for installing updated ROM or updated magisk version it again says "internal storage 0mb" .Also in magisk "preserve force encryption" option is ticked(checked) and "preserve AVB 2.0/dm- verity is unticked (unchecked). What to do?
Twrp seems to be the problem here. Try orangefox instead.

DJBhardwaj

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4

Thanks for the answer.

So, I will have to do the following to flash TWRP and then gain root with Magisk:

1) Install TWRP and boot straight to it.
2) Format Data in TWRP
3) Reboot TWRP so that it can mount the /data partition
4) Transfer the Magisk 20.1 zip file to the storage.
5) Flash Magisk to gain root and reboot!

Is that correct? Or did I miss something out?

Ritik17

Jun 4, 2015
IDK
Thanks for the answer.

So, I will have to do the following to flash TWRP and then gain root with Magisk:

1) Install TWRP and boot straight to it.
2) Format Data in TWRP
3) Reboot TWRP so that it can mount the /data partition
4) Transfer the Magisk 20.1 zip file to the storage.
5) Flash Magisk to gain root and reboot!

Is that correct? Or did I miss something out?

Wipe data including internal storage and you should be fine.

Reactions: DJBhardwaj

Doomkopf

May 14, 2016
Hey guys, can I flash Android 10 roms like HavocOS with twrp 3.4.0.0? Does it support SAR and treble?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    Download : TWRP For Vince
    Source Device Tree: Device Tree For Building TWRP

Telegram Group: https://t.me/redmi5plusofficial
    Telegram Channel: https://t.me/vinceroms
    Could u make one for the Redmi 5?

Once i receive the phone in my hands and Xiaomi release the Global base, yes :good:
    Hi back guys,

I've spent many hours to understand why i was stuck on MI logo at the boot of my system (after many flashs of different recovery and stock roms -because i wanted to keep my original MUI rom). The answer is written in few words in this topic in the middle of all the rest unfortunately, and i guess that it could be a great idea to stick on the first page the good process.
    This is what i did (it's really step by step, if needed for new comers ;) ). It works at 100%.

1. Boot your device in FASTBOOT mode
    2. Open a Cmd console and flash your recovery
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (twrp.img = the file of your recovery)
    3. Reboot in your recovery freshly flashed in holding Power + Vol Up
    4. Once in your recovery, first warning with TWRP according to the Read Only. Just Swipe to allow modifications
    5. Normally here, you get the prompt asking for your password because of the MUI data encryption. Just clic Cancel
    6. Then go to Wipe, and clic Format Data
    7. Go to reboot, and reboot to recovery
    8. Back anew in your recovery, the previous prompt for password has disapeared normally. You should be in the read only warning (if you didn't tick "don't ask me again") or in the twrp menu.
    9. Go to mount, enable usb storage and plug your phone to your computer to be able to access to your device storage on your pc.
    10. There are now the important steps to not be stuck on the mi logo:
      • Choose your way to root your device. Super SU or Magisk and download their last version .zip file (it doesn't matter which one. I'm with magisk but i read people who did with Super Su, working like a charm).
      • Copy your zip to the storage of your device.
      • Once's done, clic on Unmount in TWRP
    11. Go to Install, and select your file.zip according to SuperSu or Magisk and Swipe to Flash
    12. Reboot in System
    13. All should boot ok so you can take peace :)
    Thanks. Does anyone know if custom ROM like Lineage will be available anytime soon?
    Already booted,now bug: camera,goodix fingerprint and music playback
    Which is better Redwolf TWRP or TWRP

RWRP is basically malware. Nobody in their right mind should ever want to use that piece of garbage. It's just ripped off from proper TWRP by some fascist script kiddies who want to dictate what you can and can't do with your phone.