• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[OFFICIAL][ROM][10.0.0][davinci] LineageOS 17.1

R!ffRaff

Oct 21, 2019
I don't seem to be getting any SMS message notifications until I wake the screen, then the notification pops up in the status bar. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Please "power up" :laugh:
for me everything works as it should. I have display on the ewegen. I get the message when the sms is received on the display and when the dispay is off. the phone is picked or moved because the logo for the received message (AOD).

I've just tested it 5 times. I can also upload a video as evidence, but it won't help you.

look in the notification and display settings

I salute to down under, the land of amazing hard rock with ac/dc, the lazzys and airbourne :good: i love it!

Last edited:

darkMamba

Jan 2, 2012
Hi folks, I'm still running an old lineage rom from last year, actually Android 9. Also it's an "very old" firmware.
Should I flash miui V12 with miFlash and after that lineage again or is there a shortcut for updating the firmware?

R!ffRaff

Oct 21, 2019
Hi folks, I'm still running an old lineage rom from last year, actually Android 9. Also it's an "very old" firmware.
Should I flash miui V12 with miFlash and after that lineage again or is there a shortcut for updating the firmware?
it is better to update the firmware first and then a clean flash. if you have nothing to lose and everything is backed up, you can also try a dirty flash after the firmware update. However, it can happen that errors are introduced. with a clean installation you are on the safe side.

alternatively, you can also quickly install miui12 with miflash, then of course you have to reinstall the recovery of your choice and the image

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83625309&postcount=963

darkMamba

Jan 2, 2012
its right - its only firmware (driver) not Android/miui! i'm on 12.0.50 :good:
You saved me a lot of time! Installation was quite fast.

Now i struggle with some issues I've read here over and over again: Fingerprint recognition is not working at all. Not one of 20 tries was recognized.
Also the displays seems to flicker sometimes (while regonition attempt).

Any ideas? Reinstall everything?

R!ffRaff

Oct 21, 2019
... it can happen that errors are introduced. with a clean installation you are on the safe side.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83625309&postcount=963
yes reinstall everything. I would still flash the last image of miui with mi flash (without setting up). then twrp. after wipe and format (see link) the linegeos maybe gapps or magisk.

I also had to re-flash because I had used the old version. My phone had a damaged mainboard and was repaired, so I couldn't get around. the whole thing takes less than 10 minutes

darkMamba

Jan 2, 2012
yes reinstall everything. I would still flash the last image of miui with mi flash (without setting up). then twrp. after wipe and format (see link) the linegeos maybe gapps or magisk.
Once again - it works now!
After some stumbling blocks like removing some unnecessary if checks from flash_all.bat (stock rom) and flashing lineage multiple times and also the firmware zip again: it works! :D

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
I never realized that our device is not an A/B device until I wanted to do an ota update. That is not possible with Magisk installed, am I right? Or is there some sort of workaround that I'm not aware of?

R!ffRaff

Oct 21, 2019
I never realized that our device is not an A/B device until I wanted to do an ota update. That is not possible with Magisk installed, am I right? Or is there some sort of workaround that I'm not aware of?
why should ota not work with magisk :confused:
for me linage works with gapps and magisk ;)

I use the lineage recovery, because otherwise you have to enter the encryption code for the ota update in twrp until the update starts. with lineage recovery, the update is carried out directly without any input.

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
why should ota not work with magisk :confused:
for me linage works with gapps and magisk ;)

I use the lineage recovery, because otherwise you have to enter the encryption code for the ota update in twrp until the update starts. with lineage recovery, the update is carried out directly without any input.
Update through recovery is not really ota, is it? With ota you download and install the update using the Updater i Settings/System, and with an A/B device you only temporary uninstall Magisk before installing the update and reinstall it again before the reboot.

My Mi A1 already was an A/B device. I am really surprised that Xiaomi decided not to use that technique for this one.

Do you have to completely uninstall Magisk, or is it enough to only restore the images? Do you have to reinstall al the modules again after the update?

R!ffRaff

Oct 21, 2019
Update through recovery is not really ota, is it? With ota you download and install the update using the Updater i Settings/System, and with an A/B device you only temporary uninstall Magisk before installing the update and reinstall it again before the reboot.

My Mi A1 already was an A/B device. I am really surprised that Xiaomi decided not to use that technique for this one.

Do you have to completely uninstall Magisk, or is it enough to only restore the images? Do you have to reinstall al the modules again after the update?
why should an ota update not work?
the update every Wednesday on the lineage server.
of course it is a complete image (around 1GB). So it's more than just the changes like the delta update.

if you have nistalliert lineage you only need to search for the update onöine and install it. You do not need to uninstall, settings, themes, modules etc are retained. its a one-click update.

have you even tried the image? do you own a 9t / k20?