Ans 9) NOT A BUG. The favorite app icons in recent tray (task switcher) was removed in Android 11.Hi there, I've been running this rom for a few days and wanted to share my impressions.
Note that this is my first time using Android 12, so I don't know which of the problems I'm facing are because of this specific rom, and which ones are just questionable design changes introduced with the new Android version.
InstallationInstall was a bit scary, first "error 21 signature verification", then I was looking at the "Step 2/2" line for 30 minutes and finally decided to press the back arrow, and apparently it installed fine (status 0), just without letting me know . This definitely needs to be fixed.
I like the fact that Gapps are included with the rom, makes the install a bit easier. Looks like it's some kind of minimal package too, without too many preinstalled apps, very nice .
"The Evolver"This rom has a solid amount of customization and it all seems to work pretty well. I'm happy to see features like configurable volume step count and keyboard cursor control.
Link to the feature list should be added to first post (instead of "just flash and check yourself").
PerformanceUI is laggy, scrolling feels very bad compared to my previous rom (crDroid, Android 10). Fells as if my phone just aged three years .
After disabling most of Google's "intelligent" crap, performance is back to acceptable levels, but still there's a fair bit of stutter. The lags seem to be random, i.e. sometimes scrolling the same list feels perfectly fine, sometimes it's painfully bad, like 5 fps bad.
BatteryI'd say battery life is pretty normal, considering the heavy use in the last few days (configuration of fresh rom, installing apps, etc.).
Bugs1. Default camera app crashes (Open Camera works fine).
2. I've seen someone report no sound during calls (unless headphones are used) - for me it works fine.
3. After some time with screen off, task switcher sometimes shows empty app previews (solid colors). See screenshot #1. Closing and reopening task switcher fixes this. I've seen this occasionally happening for some apps in the past (on A10), but in this case all apps show blank previews, and this happens quite often.
4. Settings > Sound & vibration > Media > Pin media player - it seems this option doesn't work, tried restarting phone, different media players, adb shell settings put global qs_media_player 0 / adb shell settings put system qs_media_player 0 and restarting SystemUI - no effect. Media player notifications still show in QS section, which is super annoying.
5. Changing brightness level by sliding on status bar doesn't allow going below a certain brightness level, i.e. I slide over status bar all the way to the left, yet the brightness level is 33%. At the same time, when I slide all the way to the right, it goes to 100%. This makes this feature pretty useless unless you are outside.
6. Can't double-tap status bar to lock the screen when notification/QS panel is open.
7. Is the default image viewer missing? I'm not talking about the "Files by Google" app, but about the app that should handle opening image (and video?) files from other apps, e.g. from file manager. Without such app, I was not able to set a custom wallpaper in the default launcher (it was crashing, now works ok after installing Gallery Go).
8. With "smart pulldown" turned on and no notifications to show, double-tap the status bar to lock the screen. Turn on screen - the QS pannel is expanded on lockscreen.
Probably bugs?9. Task switcher is missing the 5 favorite app icons on the bottom. I keep pressing the useless "screenshot" or "select" buttons (because muscle memory ). After poor performance, this is by far the most annoying bug, as it greatly impacts multitasking experience (in a bad way).
10. Task switcher does not allow swiping up to open app drawer (I'm using 2 button navigation). This is also annoying, but not as much as missing the 5 favorite apps.
11. I can't find the setting for minimum time between notifications - was it moved somewhere? Searching "minimum"/"minimal" in settings app returns nothing.
12. Once I was unable to change media volume, only going to 0 volume resulted in muted playback, but apart from that - constant volume, no matter the volume slider value. Had to restart phone. This happened only once.
13. Task switcher has an empty, solid gray background instead of the wallpaper image. Same goes for lockscreen unlock screen (e.g. pattern input). See screenshots #1 and #2.
14. Lockscreen clock tint is based on main wallpaper, not on the lockscreen wallpaper/album art, which results in mismatched colors or hard to read text on lockscreen most of the times.
15. When pressing list items in some apps (e.g. in settings), the highlight looks "dirty" - it has those tiny white dots on it, looks like sand or something. I can't tell if it's a funky visual bug or is it intentional. See screenshot #3.
16. Music visualization on lock screen draws over (above) QS and notifications.
17. I thought this was EvolutionX 6.1? Why does the settings show it's 6.0? I installed the build from 20211219. See Settings > About phone > Android version > Evolution X version.
Suggestions/feature requestsI'm coming from a full-featured custom rom, so I find many useful features missing. Perhaps some of those could be added to this rom in the future?
18. Can't restrict internet access per-app, need to use some shady firewall app instead.
19. Can't set navbar longpress/double press action (some kind of Google bloatware opens by default at longpress). I'm using 2 button navigation. I'm greatly missing the ability to quickly split screen (double press) and pull down notifications (longpress). I found a way to make the latter work via "one handed mode" feature, however it's much worse, as it often results in missclicking something above navbar. Probably I'll get used to it, but still I'd like to have an option to assign longpress and double press actions.
20. Can't set battery charge limit.
21. Can't disable lockscreen album art tint.
22. It would be nice to be able to disable the annoying list overscroll ("bounce") animation. I know this can be done by setting "animator duration scale" to 0, but that also disables other animations.
SummaryOverall it's a massive downgrade from my previous A10 rom, mostly functionally, but also visually. Definitely usable as a daily driver, but with some suffering involved.
Ans 10) NOT A BUG. That behavior is since Android 11.
Ans 12) That type of minor bugs or glitches are expected.
Ans 13) NOT A BUG. That behavior is since Android 11.
Ans 15) NOT A BUG. That is the default press effect in Android 12.
I cannot answer other questions, since currently I am not using this rom.