[OFFICIAL][ROM][12.1][PAYTON] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

SkullCandy091

Oct 19, 2020
Any say on whether or not this will work well on the 3gb model? I'm scared to try custom roms again since it almost bricked my Moto X4 the first time around.

ExactExampl

Jul 29, 2021
Moto E 2015
Moto X Play
Can someone explain the difference between the Ver 12 & Ver 12 Plus? What is the difference and what determines which one I should install on my XT1900-1 running Stock? TIA
Plus version have additional customization features while regular bring absolute stock android experience. What to install - depends on your preferences

Last edited:

voyteg

Jan 17, 2022
Does this rom have battery charging management (battery percentage for starting and stopping charging)?
I want to use my old Motorola x4 as hotspot in the car and save batteries.

SHRP99

Sep 13, 2022
First of all the rom works really great so, thanks.
I've recently ran into a problem with the camera where the slow motion video doesn't work.
The camera app gives an error message.
So I was wondering If I could get it working again.
I have the 6GB - 64GB variant
I am attaching the screenshot of the error below.
(And also I don't think the phone has hardware that supports HDR playback but many hardware info apps show that the phone is capable of HDR10 and HLG.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220913-213524_Camera.png
    Screenshot_20220913-213524_Camera.png
    90 KB · Views: 5

ExactExampl

Jul 29, 2021
Moto E 2015
Moto X Play
I've recently ran into a problem with the camera where the slow motion video doesn't work.
(And also I don't think the phone has hardware that supports HDR playback but many hardware info apps show that the phone is capable of HDR10 and HLG.)
It is known issue specifically for slow motion in moto camera. If you really need this mode you can use some gcam mod or whatever you'd like to. As for HDR playback capability it might be some kind of missreport, in real conditions it will not play HDR with any streaming services

Reactions: spiral777

SHRP99

Sep 13, 2022
So I was just using my phone like normal and then suddenly it shuts down. If I boot it up again the same happens after a few seconds. Finally I booted in factory mode but now the sim is not working.
I have 6-64 variant

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does this rom have battery charging management (battery percentage for starting and stopping charging)?
    I want to use my old Motorola x4 as hotspot in the car and save batteries.
    It doesn`t have, neither other roms do. You can use some magisk modules/apps to contol that
    It is known issue specifically for slow motion in moto camera. If you really need this mode you can use some gcam mod or whatever you'd like to. As for HDR playback capability it might be some kind of missreport, in real conditions it will not play HDR with any streaming services
    So I was just using my phone like normal and then suddenly it shuts down. If I boot it up again the same happens after a few seconds. Finally I booted in factory mode but now the sim is not working.
    I have 6-64 variant
    Go to stock rom and see if same happening. Kinda sounds like hardware issue to me

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto X4 [payton]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet ?
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a coffe

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

NOTES (Read First):
    * You should be on latest stock firmware
    * Clean flash with full data storage wipe is mandatory if coming from older android versions (PE) or any other custom ROM
    * JIO VoLTE not working ? Place sim in second slot, clean phone app storage and reboot. Still nothing ? Restore persist/efs or flash stock and go back.
    * Installation guide if coming from stock

* If coming from other ROM or older android version:

• boot twrp (lastest preferably)
    • wipe data (full storage wipe) or better fastboot -w
    • flash rom (twrp installer optionally)
    • reboot (if you want to flash magisk - reboot recovery and do)
    Join Telegram group if you have any questions left !

Can someone explain the difference between the Ver 12 & Ver 12 Plus? What is the difference and what determines which one I should install on my XT1900-1 running Stock? TIA
    Plus version have additional customization features while regular bring absolute stock android experience. What to install - depends on your preferences
    I didn't know we could do that. 😅 I was following the guide where it said you need to have boot image and then modify it using magisk app. Next time I will try this method. Do we have to rename the apk file to .zip
    No need to rename or anything, it should just flash as normal zip despite it is an apk
    @ExactExampl Thanks for having this rom for X4

I'm having an issue where when JioSaavn app reaches its main screen, phone reboots. Kindly check. Let me know if any extra info is needed

Build number: SQ3A.220605.009.A1
    PixelExperience_Plus_payton-12.1-20220616-1019-OFFICIAL
    I have 6-64 variant
    Go to stock rom and see if same happening. Kinda sounds like hardware issue to me