• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][ROM]Bootlegers ROM Oreo for Galaxy J5 [SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

anywaywhat

Nov 16, 2018
Uh play store doesn't allow me to get YouTube and gives me old Facebook version oh and messenger can't install too. Messenger doesn't even appear. It says that my Android device version is not supported. Help me please

TheAngryGuitarist

Oct 14, 2018
Sebeș
Uh play store doesn't allow me to get YouTube and gives me old Facebook version oh and messenger can't install too. Messenger doesn't even appear. It says that my Android device version is not supported. Help me please
Is your ctsprofile true on Magisk? Try manually installing the latest play store version and if it doesn't work, try these things:
1. Hide Play Store from Magisk.
2. Download MagiskHidePropsConf from Magisk, set your fingerprint to pass CTS and activate device simulation for your device, now you should get compatibility on your play store.

Reactions: anywaywhat

anywaywhat

Nov 16, 2018
Is your ctsprofile true on Magisk? Try manually installing the latest play store version and if it doesn't work, try these things:
2. Download MagiskHidePropsConf from Magisk, set your fingerprint to pass CTS and activate device simulation for your device, now you should get compatibility on your play store.
Awww but I don't want to root ...

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Is there another way? The build prop thing didn't work..

TheAngryGuitarist

Oct 14, 2018
Sebeș
Ye

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Gonna try build prop again.
If you're using tvstock gapps that could be the reason for your compatibility issues. Try building prop again, and if nothing works, consider reflashing the ROM with pico or nano gapps. I had a similar issue using this ROM, but I solved it with proper gapps package.

Reactions: anywaywhat

anywaywhat

Nov 16, 2018
If you're using tvstock gapps that could be the reason for your compatibility issues. Try building prop again, and if nothing works, consider reflashing the ROM with pico or nano gapps. I had a similar issue using this ROM, but I solved it with proper gapps package.
I have micro gapps.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

I fixed it using the build prop thingy had to delete Google play data

Reactions: TheAngryGuitarist

Hadibrk93

Apr 28, 2019
hello guys .. could anyone help me
I just flashed the rom above on my galaxy j500h .. I went through every single step carefully
and now when I power on the device, I'm stuck on the logo screen which keeps repeating over and over ..
any idea what's gone wrong ?

TheAngryGuitarist

Oct 14, 2018
Sebeș
I just flashed the rom above on my galaxy j500h .. I went through every single step carefully
and now when I power on the device, I'm stuck on the logo screen which keeps repeating over and over ..
1. Have you flashed the rom with the dev's TWRP? The linked one on the op?
2. Have you flashed other things besides the rom?
3. Have you wiped dalvik/cache?
---------------------
You should wait up to 15 minutes after flashing
You should check again if you flashed the right rom for your device
You should check if the twrp is the dev's one
--------------------------------
Things to try:
- Do a full wipe
-Reflash the ROM
-Flash Gapps, Magisk Root(Optionally). If you're still stuck on bootloop, flash rom, reboot. Flash Gapps, reboot. And so on
Hope this advice fix your problem!

Reactions: Hadibrk93

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017

---------------------
Things to try:
- Do a full wipe
-Reflash the ROM
-Flash Gapps, Magisk Root(Optionally). If you're still stuck on bootloop, flash rom, reboot. Flash Gapps, reboot. And so on

And make sure you have a MarshMallow bootloader (and modem).

Hadibrk93

Apr 28, 2019
And make sure you have a MarshMallow bootloader (and modem).

Thanks man really appreciate your help .. but could you please explain for me what's <MarshMallow bootloader> exactly ?

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

---------------------
Things to try:
- Do a full wipe
-Reflash the ROM

Thanks buddy great tips .. I've just did a full wipe .. and now it's working like gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootleggers.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
    and ends the world as we know it.
    You have been warned.

Rom-Information

Bootleggers ROM 8.1.0 Official (Shishufied)
    More information about the rom can be found:
    Galaxy-MSM8916 device-tree from unofficial LineageOS 15.1
    no Gapps included

What works

same as unofficial LineageOs 15.1

Bugs

NFC (J500FN)

Credits

Sources
    I moved all my repos to gitlab so all repo-urls have changed, the local_manifests-file on github is updated accordingly.
    Downloads

Instructions
    MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !
    Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !
    1. Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, ODIN version might come)
    2. Download the latest build
    3. Put it on your device
    4. Reboot to TWRP
    5. If you want to be sure wipe the device
    6. Flash the latest build
    7. Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
    8. Reboot and enjoy

Others

OTA is available with recent builds.
    As it's official now, I abandoned my own OTA-app for this Rom.

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.

Exchange2 for Oreo is included and will be installed as system-app (I need this for my work).

I use it as daily driver without major issues.

I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom but need to be granted manually (as root):
    Code:
    pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] Bootleggers ROM Oreo for J5 (2015), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    jenslody
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MarshMallow Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-05-14
    Last Updated 2019-06-25
    New update is available via OTA and from OP.
    July security patch is included.
    I also made charging sounds configurable and (what's more) working.
    The option to scramble the layout of the pin on lockscreen is also added.
    Finally I managed to build Bootleggers 3.0, the new shiny rebased version of this great rom.
    It does not use GZOSP anymore, but was rebase to use AOSP with LineageOS stuff.
    So a dirty flash might cause issues (even if I have no problems with it).
    But there is one annoying bug:
    the stock alarmclock from AOSP is broken and crashes if an alarm occurs, so do not rely on it.
    I did it and that's whay I do not (yet) update the OP or the OTA-stuff (I just slept a littler longer than I wanted this morning).
    Third party apps work.

Nevertheless, you can manually download it from my server from the devices sub-folder with the actual date (20180822-HHMM) and flash it via TWRP.

The actual (also rebased) device-tree for msm8916 is broken and bootloops, so it's based on the older (saved by Vince) revision.
    If you install the rom and face any issues please give feedback, either here or on telegram (same nickname as here).

Edit:
    Just for the record: it has the August security patch of course.
    New build of Bootleggers 3.0 is available, now via OTA and the OP.

Alarmclock is now the google-clock, nightlight and do not disturb is now available via settings, was broken in first 3.0 build.

No major issues on my device (FN), except low video sound when recording and a stock-camera bug, that leads to square pictures where the lower part of the chosen takes precedence (e.g. 4128x3096 becomes 3096x3096). Thirdparty cameras work fine (I use OpenCamera from F-Droid).