- Jun 13, 2017
I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war and ends the world as we know it. You have been warned.
Bootleggers ROM 9.0 Official (Shishufied)
We finally reached the first stable Pie release (Bootleggers 4.0).
More information about the rom can be found:
no Gapps included
in general same as unofficial LineageOs 16.0
in detail, most stuff works: ril, wifi, gps, video, audio, bt-audio, pip
- NFC (J500FN)
- no Volte!
- You tell me
- @vince2678, @minz1 and of course all other Galaxy-MSM8916 devs and contributors
- the Bootleggers ROM team for the great rom
- the xda community
- manifest from Bootleggers main sources
- my local_manifests pulls in several (slightly) modified repos (e.g.):
- and the (also slightly modified) device-tree:
Downloads from my server (deprecated for the rom itself)
MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !
Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !
- Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, ODIN version might come)
- Download the latest build
- Put it on your device
- Reboot to TWRP
- If you want to be sure wipe the device
- Flash the latest build
- Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
- Reboot and enjoy
Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.
I use it as daily driver without major issues.
I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom but need to be enabled in "Settings -> Bootleg dumpster -> Miscellaneous" and granted in "Settings -> apps" and/or in microG-Settings.
[OFFICIAL] Bootleggers ROM Pie for J5 (2015), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: MarshMallow Bootloader
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2019-06-25