Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Bootleggers.png

Disclaimer
Code:
I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
and ends the world as we know it.
You have been warned.

Rom-Information

Bootleggers ROM 9.0 Official (Shishufied)
We finally reached the first stable Pie release (Bootleggers 4.0).

More information about the rom can be found:
Galaxy-MSM8916 device-tree from unofficial LineageOS 16.0
no Gapps included

What works

in general same as unofficial LineageOs 16.0
in detail, most stuff works: ril, wifi, gps, video, audio, bt-audio, pip

Bugs
  • NFC (J500FN)
  • no Volte!
  • You tell me

Credits

Sources
Downloads from sourceforge (preferred)

Downloads from my server (deprecated for the rom itself)

Instructions
MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !
Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !
  1. Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, ODIN version might come)
  2. Download the latest build
  3. Put it on your device
  4. Reboot to TWRP
  5. If you want to be sure wipe the device
  6. Flash the latest build
  7. Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
  8. Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.

I use it as daily driver without major issues.

I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom but need to be enabled in "Settings -> Bootleg dumpster -> Miscellaneous" and granted in "Settings -> apps" and/or in microG-Settings.

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL] Bootleggers ROM Pie for J5 (2015), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
jenslody
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: MarshMallow Bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-10-13
Last Updated 2019-06-25

Last edited:

HMMDR27D53-3002

Dec 28, 2017
Testing this now and glad that this ROM is really usable for daily driver and very smooth performance. A big thanks for the great developers for keeping this device (especially this 'problematic "H"' variant) alive. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: sushmoyhossain
D

Deleted member 9120707

A weird bug. The default preinstalled Lawnchair Launcher doesn't show all apps.

Reactions: Gimnas
D

Deleted member 9120707

Clean flash ?
What is not shown ?
And be aware, that the rom is still work in progress and lawnchair v2 is still alpha, so you surely find some bugs.

Hi jenslody, yes, that was a clean flash. It was my first time testing out this ROM.
I have 3 things to say:
1. The Lawnchair app drawer now works. Probably something glitched out, but it works now.
2. Thank you so much for bringing Pie to the old J5 family! <3333 I already clicked Thanks on your OP post.
3. Not sure if you accept feature requests, but it'd be lovely if you'd make the Recents not lag when you have more than 2 apps open.

Thanks!

Reactions: RISHABH dinkar

BSKVL

Sep 29, 2017
Just flashed the ROM and its awesome man.fast. ram usage is low relative to Oreo. But damn man this is very good.
Thank you very Mich.

And when screen off(in deep sleep) screen doesnt wake on home button press. Could you see that. Coz my power button doesn't work.

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Just flashed the ROM and its awesome man.fast. ram usage is low relative to Oreo. But damn man this is very good.
Thank you very Mich.

And when screen off(in deep sleep) screen doesnt wake on home button press. Could you see that. Coz my power button doesn't work.
The home-button issue is a rom issue and will most likely be fixed soon. For the moment you can use WaveUp (I use it from F-Droid.org) to wake up your phone (and more).

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Hi jenslody, yes, that was a clean flash. It was my first time testing out this ROM.
I have 3 things to say:
1. The Lawnchair app drawer now works. Probably something glitched out, but it works now.
2. Thank you so much for bringing Pie to the old J5 family! <3333 I already clicked Thanks on your OP post.
3. Not sure if you accept feature requests, but it'd be lovely if you'd make the Recents not lag when you have more than 2 apps open.

Thanks!
Feature request in general are problematic, because it's official and the rom should be consistent.

But that's not a feature request but an issue.
(Un-)fortunately I don't see it, but I have all animation scales set to 0.5 (from 1) in developer options, this might be the cause for the difference, besides this it can depend on the used apps and their ram- and cpu-usage of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootleggers.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
    and ends the world as we know it.
    You have been warned.

Rom-Information

Bootleggers ROM 9.0 Official (Shishufied)
    We finally reached the first stable Pie release (Bootleggers 4.0).

More information about the rom can be found:
    Galaxy-MSM8916 device-tree from unofficial LineageOS 16.0
    no Gapps included

What works

in general same as unofficial LineageOs 16.0
    in detail, most stuff works: ril, wifi, gps, video, audio, bt-audio, pip

Bugs
    • NFC (J500FN)
    • no Volte!
    • You tell me

Credits

Sources
    Downloads from sourceforge (preferred)

Downloads from my server (deprecated for the rom itself)

Instructions
    MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !
    Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !
    1. Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, ODIN version might come)
    2. Download the latest build
    3. Put it on your device
    4. Reboot to TWRP
    5. If you want to be sure wipe the device
    6. Flash the latest build
    7. Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
    8. Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.

I use it as daily driver without major issues.

I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom but need to be enabled in "Settings -> Bootleg dumpster -> Miscellaneous" and granted in "Settings -> apps" and/or in microG-Settings.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] Bootleggers ROM Pie for J5 (2015), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    jenslody
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MarshMallow Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-10-13
    Last Updated 2019-06-25
    Reserved

Trying to make the rom selinux enforcing, see: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79390118&postcount=1520

Original post updated, please (re-)read, if you want to test.
    Finally it happened, the first stable Pie release of Bootleggers is out.
    Welcome the new 4.0-Stable build.
    Download links as ususal in the first post, sourceforge is currently (carefullly said) a little bit slow, estimated upload time for one device currently at 10 hours (!!!).
    So only the links to my server work.

Many tweaks under the hood, greatest change for most users: we switched to Snap instead of the AOSP-stock cam, so using the shipped camera should give you a much better experience now.
    Sound might be a little bit louder, not really checked, it's nearly midnight now, I'm deadly tired (debugged until 4:30 last night and had only four hours of sleep) my daughter sleeps and I can not test, sorry.
    As always any feedback is welcome.

And: no, the OTA-app is still not ready, so manual downloading is needed.
    I just uploaded a new build to my server, which fixes the home-button-does-not-wake-up-device-issue and the not reachable sim-settings.
    The rom now comes with a preinstalled browser.
    The camera/flashlight issue is not fixed: randomly the flashlight/torch does not work from quick-settings and the camera crashes, sometimes both work (mostly after a longer up-time of the device), but the camera always takes square photos, while the video-format is okay.
    Third party cameras work (at least OpenCamera a real good camera from F-Droid).

Many optical updates: lots of the great Bootleggers themes and new real cool icons for the QuickSettings).

Unfortunately the launcher has changed, because lawnchair (still alpha) caused massive lags on some devices, so it was (temporarily) removed in favor of a modified launcher3. Be aware, that all launcher settings have to be redone.
    But as you know (if you have read the OP) the status of this rom ist still testing, so such changes can happen, even if nobody is really happy with it.
    But still a rom, that works surprisingly stable on our old, small devices, I use it on work every day and never had any trouble with it.