• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] [ROM] Lighthouse LG V20

New build with or without sony blobs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Alright, will do. I'm using gcam 5.1 by cstark, but it happens in all apps that use the camera (Snapchat, Whatsapp, Google Lens) but in these somehow slightly less often. What happens is basically I open the app, camera turns on, works smooth for a few frames, starts to stutter, and finally freezes without even having taken a picture.
Edit: wow when simultaneously screen recording it's even worse.
Edit 2: This behaviour has been similar on almost all lineage versions I've used up until now (from LOS 15 onward). I've clean flashed more than often, which does not seem to help. Also, it's not always like this; there are moments where the camera works but it is just laggy.
Edit 3: The attached video shows worst case scenario. Most of the time it shows a few frames for a second and only then freezes.
Somehow the performance of Camera GO is a lot better. In general it has a very responsive and smooth viewfinder, and when 1) I open another camera app 2) it freezes after a few seconds 3) open Camera GO, Camera GO is still smooth. Missing out on the features that make pictures look great tho (HDR).

Last edited:

vintologi

Sep 27, 2021
I was able to install it via the liniage os recovery (wasn't able to re-install TWRP)

I did the mistake of choosing the version with google apps, i am not able to use the play store due to "authentication required" (which i havn't found any way to fix).

I guess i should just install the version of lighthouse without google apps.

Aug 26, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Core
LG V20
Im using the vs995 vanilla ROM but after installing CPUfloat and then AuroraStore trought APK, I became unable to instal any apps as the "instal" button on the pop-up simply stopped working. @xxseva44

(and does/will lighthouse include the ability to reduce fps/resolution on games like the stock can? It's pretty essential for me to run some games with reduced graphics to manage heat)

Last edited:

vintologi

Sep 27, 2021
I found a solution to the issue with google play not working.

I just wiped the phone and installed the vanilla version of lighthouse without google apps. Unfortunatily no browser or app-store was included to i had to download F-droid to my computer and then transfer it to the phone.

I installed the amazon store and F-droid for now.

I tried these things first but it didn't work:

Aug 26, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Core
LG V20
I found a solution to the issue with google play not working.

I just wiped the phone and installed the vanilla version of lighthouse without google apps. Unfortunatily no browser or app-store was included to i had to download F-droid to my computer and then transfer it to the phone.

I installed the amazon store and F-droid for now.

I tried these things first but it didn't work:

for google apps, you can use Aurora store. It's a middleman for playstore, let you browser and download anymously.

vintologi

Sep 27, 2021
One issue with lighthouse/lineage is that the second screen area isn't being utilized particularly well. It's just black in landscape mode when it could be used for notification area or software buttons.

Aug 26, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Core
LG V20
One issue with lighthouse/lineage is that the second screen area isn't being utilized particularly well. It's just black in landscape mode when it could be used for notification area or software buttons.
Yeah, shame we loose the functionality of the second screen. And same with the FPS/resolution we had on stock, without it, I can't quite run the games as cool as even stock, that might push me toward a LG based ROM like superROM/SuperV20.

kurohyuki

Sep 4, 2016
Thank you so much for this wonderful ROM. The gaming performance and the battery efficiency is great. My H990DS runs much cooler too. This is 100% without a doubt better than lineage. I've been using it for a few days and there's only 1 thing I noticed. The gaming mode doesn't block notifications. Notification from Skype Lite still goes through and obstructs the screen while gaming mode is on. I'm playing Mobile Legends.

megamorphg

May 28, 2012
Orange County, California
Took the dive and reset to Lighthouse and it kicks ass! I shoulda read the main description regarding the thermal control updates on 7/27/21 for CPU+GPU undervolting... the phone is a few degrees cooler during high usage... while staying more responsive than it was on LOS 17.

Pixel reduction in battery saver mode may help keep the phone even cooler, too. But there are bugs with that feature where if it is enabled:
--we cannot click on permission prompts (for media, voice, etc.), click the toggle buttons on app notifications, or even install/update Play apps while it is on (something about apps drawing over). Have to disable it first. Would be great if this could be fixed.

I was planning on going to LOS 18 due which has more features and minor customizations and have more updates, but the changelog is just fixes instead of real improvements. Plus, I'd have to figure out how to undervolt and stuff on it.

The other thing I like is that it comes packaged with a minimal google package so I don't have to worry about which GAPPS package to flash.
After resetting from LOS 17... all I did was flash LH and then the latest Magisk.
No errors or permissive needed or flashing the stock Nougat and all (since I already did that going to LOS 17). Camera is responsive and even better than it was on stock or LOS 17 which is cool.

The only other thing at this point I miss is the System UI tuner so I can remove annoying status bar icons (I disable DND, airplane, alarm and move the clock to the right). Not sure if there is an app I can install for that since Custom Navigation Bar isn't supported.

Oh and as vintologi says above regarding more options for the software buttons would be great (like reversing their order and having them always stay and actions if button is held).

Last edited:

megamorphg

May 28, 2012
Orange County, California
Anyone else have issues with Titanium Backup and OandbackupX?
I'm rooted and every time I initiate a backup of apps+data, it crashes and corrupts the SD card.
  • It didn't do this before on LOS 17.1.
  • I tried different SD cards with formatting.
  • It happens even when I backup normal user apps.
  • Pixel reduction and battery saver is turned off
  • TWRP backup works fine
This was one of the main things I was looking for being rooted, to be able to easily backup individual apps and data.

Edit: As mentioned here: I had to **disable the default "STOP-CONT pre- and postprocessing"** option in OAndBackupX and then batch backup and restore worked (at least for user apps). I guess I will have to deal with some data corruption.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lte should work assuming your carrier doesn't require volte, and second display works as an extension of the main, not as a standalone display
    Telus dosen't require VoLTE iirc. They don't even support the LG V20 for VoLTE and Wifi-calling anyway. And my previous phone was LTE and ran fine.
    definitely very outdated. Are you talking about this app? Last update was a year ago but I'll take whatever I can get.
    Yes, it is fully compatible with Android 11, Titanium didn't get any update for A11... it seems to be abandoned...
    Did you ever try the sdcard Magisk module with Migrate? Seems like I will have to backup to internal SD otherwise. I don't wanna get my SD card wiped again for the like 5th time lol.
    This sdcard issue be the root of the issue of why TB and OandbackupX are crashing too when I try to batch backup to sd.
    Yes I use the ExtSD access enabler module
    LightHouseBanner.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    /
    AboutUS.png

Project Lighthouse is a custom rom with an objective to keep things as smooth and optimized as possible , but without missing out on features that everyone loves , including pixel goodies , but with the option of building as vanilla as well.
    Website
    Github
    Telegram Discussion Chat
    Telegram ROM Updates

credits.png
    ROMS:
    AOSP
    LineageOS
    Evolution-X
    POSP
    And Many More~

Downloads.png

Downloads
    **05/15/21 builds only available for vs995 although, it can be flashed on other us996 variants (us996, vs995, h910, h915) by either flashing vs995/us996 twrp or, changing updater script**
    KnownIssues.png

Severity: Serious Moderate Minor

-Hotspot doesn't seem to be working with att sims

Be sure to include a log! : How to take logs

Installation.png

Prerequisites****************************
    1.If coming from stock, you MUST be on NOUGAT FIRMWARE
    2.Own a v20 (duh)
    3.Unlocked bootloader (if you are using a us996 or vs995, i can assist you, if not, look around on xda for a guide)

STEPS!!

1.Reboot into twrp

2. Wipe system, data, delvik and cache (if you are updating lighthouse, you can ignore system and data)
    **CLEAN REQUIRED IF COMING FROM 4/26/21 OR OLDER DUE TO KERNEL SOURCE CHANGES**

3.Flash lighthouse

4.Flash anything else you want to run (magisk, etc)

5.Reboot

Our Team:
    @gearsofwar567
    @xxseva44
    @iTzFeRReTTi

Special thanks:
    @Stealth1226
    @lybxlpsv
    Npj
    Battery life:
    Battery  life J.jpg

Medium to heavy usage with 4380______________________________________________________________Light usage with Acesoft
    shemnz battery___________________________________________________________________________________5320mah battery

Performance:
    Stock kernel.jpg

Stock kernel & Performance_______________________________________________________________________Lyb oc gamma kernel
    governor

Stock oem lg kernel on android oreo(8)
    Geekbench v20 lighthouse.png

**These are my benchmark scores, you may experience better or worse performance depending on your thermal pad replacement, ambient temp, etc.***
    LIGHTHOUSE UPDATE (07-27-2021)
    DEVICE SIDE:

-Added sony camera eeprom and blobs
    -Tweaked doze
    -Added ambient display
    -Added vulkan
    -Cpu undervolt
    -Gpu undervolt
    -Updated to [email protected] drivers
    -Fixed thermals
    -Pulled device extras menu
    -Pulled in settings kcal

ROM SIDE
    -Added smart pixels
    -Added Live display
    -Added edge music gesture control
    -Added more accent colours
    -Added animated Lighthouse clock
    -Added A12 clock

BUIlDS
    VS995 gapps: Uploaded
    VS995 vanilla: Uploaded
    H910 gapps: Uploaded
    H910 vanilla: Uploaded
    H918 gapps: Uploaded
    H918 vanilla: Uploaded
    H990 gapps: Uploaded
    H990 vanilla: Uploaded
    LS997 gapps: Uploaded
    LS997 vanilla: Uploading
    LIGHTHOUSE UPDATE (06-06-2021)
    DEVICE SIDE:

-Added Doze
    -Added Kcal
    -Tweaked media profile and other camera related files
    -Enabled upto 120fps recording @ 720p -Pulling this due to excessive heat
    -Added usb fastcharge toggle
    ROM SIDE
    -Added extreme battery saver
    -Added per app volume control

Builds will be uploaded on Monday

Update:
    Builds are delayed as I’m currently bringing over patched chromatix from leeco and sony. Sony blobs and libraries are also being added. These blobs will also fix 60 fps recording at upto 1080p
    Did you ever try the sdcard Magisk module with Migrate? Seems like I will have to backup to internal SD otherwise. I don't wanna get my SD card wiped again for the like 5th time lol.
    This sdcard issue be the root of the issue of why TB and OandbackupX are crashing too when I try to batch backup to sd.
    Yes I use the ExtSD access enabler module