• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][ROM][OnePlus3 & 3T] Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)

Search This thread

adamokari

Aug 13, 2017
latest twrp + firmware (ob)

For required firmware please check post #166.

Once I updated to the latest twrp my problem was solved. Thank you guys!

Also, does anyone know if/how to adjust the vibration intensity within this ROM? I've looked around settings and searched this thread but I couldn't find anything. My only issue is that the vibration seems very weak when I am getting a call or any notification, so I'm really just trying to increase the intensity.

Mersine

Sep 13, 2012
Cali
I remember long ago on the OPO AOKP there was an option to have notifications come up from the bottom. It is convenient for phones with bigger screens. Unfortunately I don't remember the version or have a screenshot. Just wishful thinking of the past.

@Mersine: I checked the ROM settings, but no. Do you know a ROM which can do that? I'm just curious, never saw a screenshot with notifications at the bottom.

cucumbersmell

Nov 14, 2009
Portland, OR
Thanks for the latest update!

Would it be possible to get Vibrate added as an option for the Notification slider and/or a Sound tile in Quick Settings?

Edit: I was able to add the Sound tile with the Custom Quick Settings app, but would still prefer the option to toggle Vibrate on/off via the Notification slider.

Also, a Ticker option and a button to dismiss Recents (using the app Recently at the moment) would make this ROM complete for me.

Thank you for this ROM!

Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Thanks for the latest update!

Would it be possible to get Vibrate added as an option for the Notification slider and/or a Sound tile in Quick Settings?

Edit: I was able to add the Sound tile with the Custom Quick Settings app, but would still prefer the option to toggle Vibrate on/off via the Notification slider.

Also, a Ticker option and a button to dismiss Recents (using the app Recently at the moment) would make this ROM complete for me.

Thank you for this ROM!

I will add vibrate soon. ;)

Recents options are back now.

Official oreo builds start this weekend. :)

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
hello all..
thanks @SeanHacker for the fine work and glad to see that you folks have gone official/nightly. Running nicely on my end but i was having the same issue as with the earlier release; cannot get any widgets loaded up on the default (trebuchet) launcher. It just stays blank saying 'cant load widgets' . Works fine with other launchers though.... what could be causing this?

tnx again...

Reactions: SeanHacker

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
hello all..
thanks @SeanHacker for the fine work and glad to see that you folks have gone official/nightly. Running nicely on my end but i was having the same issue as with the earlier release; cannot get any widgets loaded up on the default (trebuchet) launcher. It just stays blank saying 'cant load widgets' . Works fine with other launchers though.... what could be causing this?

tnx again...

Hmmm... I haven't actually used Trebuchet launcher or even looked through the repo in a very long time. I use Nova. So I will have to do some searching on why this is happening to you. Hopefully I can help figure this out sooner than later.

Reactions: gilnfld

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
Hmmm... I haven't actually used Trebuchet launcher or even looked through the repo in a very long time. I use Nova. So I will have to do some searching on why this is happening to you. Hopefully I can help figure this out sooner than later.

Hey thanks man!! Just to clarify I was not referring to a secondary custom install of trebuchet launcher; rather trebuchet is the default/native system launcher of the ROM. I just tried it again to see if it's a permission issue but no go. To me personally it's not a big deal as I usually change to either Nova or Evie but I thought I would mention it here as it's an issue not having widgets working with the default ROM setup out of the box.

On that note, it is peculiar to see trebuchet as the default launcher to begin with, no? Is that still the native LOS launcher?

c1ph4

Oct 24, 2012
aethyx.eu
it's still not ready

Hey thanks man!! Just to clarify I was not referring to a secondary custom install of trebuchet launcher; rather trebuchet is the default/native system launcher of the ROM. I just tried it again to see if it's a permission issue but no go. To me personally it's not a big deal as I usually change to either Nova or Evie but I thought I would mention it here as it's an issue not having widgets working with the default ROM setup out of the box.

On that note, it is peculiar to see trebuchet as the default launcher to begin with, no? Is that still the native LOS launcher?

The problem with widgets is pretty old and didn't work with the first builds before the nightlies too. I never found out what caused this, it wasn't a permission issue and also when I installed Nova from scratch it didn't go away.

Here what I found so far:
- not working at all: Skyscanner, Palabre
- working only when put out of battery optimization mode: Accupedo
- buggy (works sometimes after reboot): TuneIn
- working when set completely new: HDWidgets

2) Despite these widget problems I also encountered weird colours when making photos with the default camera: one of my photos had a blueish, another had a grey tint. And strange small border on the left.

3) When setting a picture as graphic wallpaper for lock screen, I can never center it. It always aligns to the right in my case.

4) What I miss too are useful(!) features in ROM control. I don't think someone ever will use sound states. I can't change my battery icon for example and the percentage is always left of it.

Will switch until someone can prove me the swagger from back in the days is back. Farewell.

Reactions: gilnfld

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
The problem with widgets is pretty old and didn't work with the first builds before the nightlies too. I never found out what caused this, it wasn't a permission issue and also when I installed Nova from scratch it didn't go away.

Here what I found so far:
- not working at all: Skyscanner, Palabre
- working only when put out of battery optimization mode: Accupedo
- buggy (works sometimes after reboot): TuneIn
- working when set completely new: HDWidgets

2) Despite these widget problems I also encountered weird colours when making photos with the default camera: one of my photos had a blueish, another had a grey tint. And strange small border on the left.

3) When setting a picture as graphic wallpaper for lock screen, I can never center it. It always aligns to the right in my case.

4) What I miss too are useful(!) features in ROM control. I don't think someone ever will use sound states. I can't change my battery icon for example and the percentage is always left of it.

Will switch until someone can prove me the swagger from back in the days is back. Farewell.

Thanks for your comments/feedback. I agree with you that the 'swag' factor as well as the smoothness of the ROM leave a bit to be desired BUT now that these nightiies are rolling, I am confident it will get more and more stable very quickly as there are some very experienced devs working to tweak it. I also have noticed the color issues and some auto-brightness issues. As for skyscnanner, it runs perfectly on my end, what seems to be your issue with it? Does it FC?

gs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now Presenting AOKP Nougat for the OnePlus3 & OnePlus3T
    83.png
    Device: oneplus3

Code:
    Warning
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some 
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * [B]bemolx[/B]
     */

81.png

>> Installation is simple:

If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    Make sure you're using the latest TWRP
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    Reboot

DOWNLOADS:
    Nightly AOKP Nougat Builds
    xfer.aokp Mirror
    Sourceforge Mirror

78.png

Code:
    #include <changelog>[LIST]
    [*]See the newest changes at [URL="http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/project:AOKP/device_oneplus_oneplus3"]gerrit.aokp.co[/URL]
    [*][B]20160713:[/B] AOKP for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus3T[/LIST]
    Build progress: DiBS
    If you find any errors please send me bug report in the 'Bug Reports' tab.

82.png

>>AOKP Gerrit
    >>AOKP on Github
    >>Source on AOKP.co
    >>Official AOKP device tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    SeanHacker
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-03-12
    Last Updated 2017-06-16
    Here's a fresh build from about an hour ago guys. It's what I've been running for a couple weeks now. Let me know what you think. We're taking feature requests all day, every day. So if you guys want something, just let us know and we will do our best!!! HAVE FUN!!!

AOKP OREO
    DOWNLOAD ROM HERE

GAPPS
    DOWNLOAD GAPPS HERE
    Will you build it and will it be based on Oreo ?

Yep. I have been building it. It's almost ready. Just adding Substratum support, ROM Control needs to be added back (being worked on right now, ect...). Oreo is running pretty good so far. :)

sjYUdUD.png
    Finally got to hit the nightly tonight. Works great dudes!
    First. Great to see new aokp rom

It's actually not new. lol. We've had this here on XDA for quite a while now. I just opened a thread over here in the unified section. Have fun! ;)