• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][ROM][OnePlus3 & 3T] Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)

Search This thread

wilceaux

Jul 21, 2010
Austin
Thanks for the great ROM. Everything is running smooth and quick. Only issue I've seen is the toast notifications (I think that is what they're called) are white on white, and not legible, at least for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeanHacker
B

bnghty

Here's a fresh build from about an hour ago guys. It's what I've been running for a couple weeks now. Let me know what you think. We're taking feature requests all day, every day. So if you guys want something, just let us know and we will do our best!!! HAVE FUN!!!

AOKP OREO
DOWNLOAD ROM HERE

GAPPS
DOWNLOAD GAPPS HERE
Would love for 3 fingers screen shot implementation like on OOS.. Every other implementation I've seen on AOSP roms weren't as good. In OOS it stops the screen for moving while taking the ss. Thanks for the rom btw

c1ph4

Oct 24, 2012
aethyx.eu
A legend returns...

Nice one! :good:

For those who want to try it, get the firmware first and flash via newest TWRP, otherwise you might get op3.verify_modem error: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291697659. If you are interested in background of this firmware stuff, check this link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/firmware-beta-10-t3631166

Will test it over the weekend and report back what my impressions are.
@SeanHacker: thanks for making this possible, please keep on rollin'! :highfive:

Dreaminday

Dec 23, 2017
Nice one! :good:

For those who want to try it, get the firmware first and flash via newest TWRP, otherwise you might get op3.verify_modem error: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291697659. If you are interested in background of this firmware stuff, check this link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/firmware-beta-10-t3631166

Will test it over the weekend and report back what my impressions are.

@SeanHacker: thanks for making this possible, please keep on rollin'! :highfive:
Good done

c1ph4

Oct 24, 2012
aethyx.eu
@m_reyna_16: AOKP. Oreo 8.1. LineageOS based. Already stable for daily usage. Features enough!? :D
@cucumbersmell: I never heard of "Privacy Guard", please explain.

As I promised, in the meantime I could test this ROM. I like it, but there are some flaws:

Severe:
- Substratum not working: neither the app nor via theme manager in settings. You'll have to flash the ZIP of SubstratumRescue because the device goes down into TWRP

Major/minor:
- Google Play Store not working properly, no automatic app store updates
- sound states not saved (when coming back with bluetooth from "silent", media volume is like coming out of factory)
- no vibration sound state, only muting
- widgets not updating. Sometimes bringing them out of battery optimization mitigates this problem, sometimes not

Neutral:
- ROM control: well, compared what I'm used to with AOKP this is nothing. :D But: I know Paranoid for this device and they offer no such menu anymore(!)

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
@m_reyna_16: AOKP. Oreo 8.1. LineageOS based. Already stable for daily usage. Features enough!? :D

@cucumbersmell: I never heard of "Privacy Guard", please explain.

As I promised, in the meantime I could test this ROM. I like it, but there are some flaws:

Severe:
- Substratum not working: neither the app nor via theme manager in settings. You'll have to flash the ZIP of SubstratumRescue because the device goes down into TWRP

Major/minor:
- Google Play Store not working properly, no automatic app store updates
- sound states not saved (when coming back with bluetooth from "silent", media volume is like coming out of factory)
- no vibration sound state, only muting
- widgets not updating. Sometimes bringing them out of battery optimization mitigates this problem, sometimes not

Neutral:
- ROM control: well, compared what I'm used to with AOKP this is nothing. :D But: I know Paranoid for this device and they offer no such menu anymore(!)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try and and answer/help the best I can.

-Google Play has always worked properly for me (auto updates and all). What gapps package are you using?
-I use bluetooth every day and I haven't had any changes in my sound states as far as I can tell. I'll test more now that you said something and see what I find out. ;)
-Check now. ;)
-I only use a weather widget and spotify. Those work for me. I can't say for anything else at the moment.
-ROM Control is brand new in Oreo. It's starting over fresh. We have more options now and are adding more as we get the time. Just keep up on our gerrit (http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:open) and you can see what we're working on.

Let me know if you need any help. I'll post another build tonight in a few after I can upload it. Hopefully this can resolve some of those issues.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I see Privacy Guard is out for Oreo. Is that a possible feature for AOKP?

Done. :)

VOQPkuO.png

c1ph4

Oct 24, 2012
aethyx.eu
Flashed the new build today as an update. Now my widgets don't work at all. :D "Palabre" and "Skyscanner" just say "error when loading the widget". Already cleaned cache, wiped cache & dalvik but no change. One thing I forgot to mention yesterday: I use Nova as a launcher, maybe it's because of this launcher that widgets run into problems. :confused:

I still miss the vibration feature or am I blind?

ROM control is full of stuff I personally don't need (like animation stuff, sound states, etc.). :D When switching SU on, the switch doesn't save its state when you come back.
1) there are options which are in settings already like network traffic or device hostname in developer settings. I think you can leave them there OR sum them up in ROM control and blind out the settings steps.

Also I would like to know why you're providing a downloadable ZIP via "Android File Host". Doesn't it suffice to use the builds from OpenGapps? It's confusing for me, usually I just download the build from OpenGapps or doesn't this package work yet?

The thing with the thread I already wondered too but I already knew the answer. :good: For me it doesn't matter being a test subject, I'm r-e-a-l-l-y happy to see you guys back and well (and still hustlin')! :good:

Still, in this state the ROM is working stable.

With the sound state: I'm using my headphones to go to work and then mute (with this ROM, usually set in vibration mode...) my phone. When I leave, I connect via Bluetooth again and then the sound state is in the middle and too low. This is the phenomenon I meant when saying it doesn't save the sound state. Flaw or am I missing something?

Thanks again for your patience and keep on!

Update I: deleted some points from this list because in the meantime this came back or I read up what was the matter. :good:

Last edited:

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
Enforcing or Permissive? Thanks!

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Enforcing.
@SeanHacker Excellent job here man. Legendary to see an aokp release again. I don't post often man but have been here since 2008 and have always had aokp running on all my Android, followed many of your past threads. Cheers. I don't understand why this thread receives such little attention, maybe it's a generational thing eh; the new crowd not too familiar with aokp?! Anyways this thread was completely unnoticed by silly-me, so glad I found it.

Been using your release from yesterday and it feels great. Need to play with it a bit more but so far the only main bug I am noticing is with the default trebuchet launcher; can't seem to add any widgets.

Thanks again, looking forward to seeing the progress on this. Will follow the commits online.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now Presenting AOKP Nougat for the OnePlus3 & OnePlus3T
    83.png
    Device: oneplus3

Code:
    Warning
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some 
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * [B]bemolx[/B]
     */

81.png

>> Installation is simple:

If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    Make sure you're using the latest TWRP
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    Reboot

DOWNLOADS:
    Nightly AOKP Nougat Builds
    xfer.aokp Mirror
    Sourceforge Mirror

78.png

Code:
    #include <changelog>[LIST]
    [*]See the newest changes at [URL="http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/project:AOKP/device_oneplus_oneplus3"]gerrit.aokp.co[/URL]
    [*][B]20160713:[/B] AOKP for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus3T[/LIST]
    Build progress: DiBS
    If you find any errors please send me bug report in the 'Bug Reports' tab.

82.png

>>AOKP Gerrit
    >>AOKP on Github
    >>Source on AOKP.co
    >>Official AOKP device tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    SeanHacker
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-03-12
    Last Updated 2017-06-16
    Here's a fresh build from about an hour ago guys. It's what I've been running for a couple weeks now. Let me know what you think. We're taking feature requests all day, every day. So if you guys want something, just let us know and we will do our best!!! HAVE FUN!!!

AOKP OREO
    DOWNLOAD ROM HERE

GAPPS
    DOWNLOAD GAPPS HERE
    Will you build it and will it be based on Oreo ?

Yep. I have been building it. It's almost ready. Just adding Substratum support, ROM Control needs to be added back (being worked on right now, ect...). Oreo is running pretty good so far. :)

sjYUdUD.png
    Finally got to hit the nightly tonight. Works great dudes!
    First. Great to see new aokp rom

It's actually not new. lol. We've had this here on XDA for quite a while now. I just opened a thread over here in the unified section. Have fun! ;)