• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] [ROM][sailfish][10.0] ResurrectionRemix 8.6.3 [19/10/2020]

Search This thread

killer86th

Jun 1, 2012
Ho Chi Minh
Ressurrection Remix OFFICIAL

- Version: 8.5.9
- Device: Google Pixel (sailfish) | Google Pixel XL (marlin)
- Build Date: 20200825

by: @Dar3kPlayGam3s

Changelog:
- Official build
- Face Unlock
- RR source changes

NO GAPPS. FLASH OPENGAPPS PICO ARM64 ANDROID 10. IF YOU USE DIFFERENT GAPPS AND GET ISSUES, DON'T EXPECT SUPPORT

Notes:
- Flash KingKernel for best SOT and performance
{Mod edit}

Downloads:
Sailfish | Marlin

Can you please point me the link to KingKernel? I can't seems to find the latest version meant for this rom.

- Version: 8.6.3
- Build Date: 20201020

Changelog:
- RR source changes (app lock, security patch etc)

NO GAPPS. FLASH OPENGAPPS PICO ARM64 ANDROID 10. IF YOU USE DIFFERENT GAPPS AND GET ISSUES, DON'T EXPECT SUPPORT

Notes:

Telegram chat: Sailfish | Marlin

Dwdwdw

Feb 6, 2017
Hi

There is no mention of twrp being required.

Can this rom be installed without twrp or any modding before flashing the rom?

Thank you

TheArkive

Jan 18, 2011
Nexus 6
Huawei Nexus 6P
For android 10(Q) I've had this persistent issue on my device where the phone app refuses to function normally.

In general when things don't work (98% of the time):

- The phone app starts up with speaker-phone enabled even though I never enabled it
- No sound comes out at all, even when holding the device to my ear, no sound
- I can see the call has connected and the timer starts, but still no sound (I'm calling my bank, so I know what automated voice to listen for)
- The phone app is generally sluggish, and frequently causes a crash
EDIT:
- I can actually hear a high-pitched buzzing sound, like an old analog speaker, but that is it, no other sounds, it is as if I put the speaker on mute, but I didn't

I have consistently experienced this on Android 10 stock, and I happened to try again today (first time in about 2 years) with RR, one of my definite favorites. I tried flashing RR with no Magisk or GApps, and i'm actually getting the same issue. It seems to be Android 10 related.

I'm using a US variant Pixel 1, 128 GB. I happen to be in Germany with a Vodafone pre-paid sim card, in case that has any bearing on this.

Before this, I tried stock (since I had to flash for bootloader img anyway), and after all initial Play Store system app updates, my PIxel seemed to work well on android 10 after testing some phone calls, but after that I rebooted, and the same issue came back.

I never get this issue when I downgrade to Pie, and I'm at a loss to understand what more to search for regarding a solution.

Has anyone else encountered this?

EDIT: On a whim I took out the sledge hammer (a metaphor!), so I did "fastboot erase" with userdata, system, vendor, and boot (both slots where applicable), and reinstalled RR. Now sound is working, and phone calls kind of work. As long as I enable the speaker-phone, i hear sound, but without speaker-phone, i hear no sound.

Progress, but still not ideal. Anyone ever experienced or overcome this?

Last edited:

TheArkive

Jan 18, 2011
Nexus 6
Huawei Nexus 6P
Finally got around to making a logcat of the issue I'm having, and I managed to come up with some ideas that gave more needed info.

The attached log describes the following events:

• Started at the Phone app, Recents tab.
  • Started the logcat
  • Dialed a number.
  • Waited until a few seconds after connection before continuing... meanwhile, no sound when there should be.
  • Switch to speaker phone, and sound works.
  • Switch back to phone, and sound is not working.
  • Hang up.
  • End log.

More helpful related info:

• When plugging headphones into the headphone jack, audio is not routed to the headphones.
  • My audio player (AIMP) doesn't detect headphone plug in/unplug.
  • Bluetooth audio works as expected for phone calls and playing music.

I understand that later Pixel models got rid of the headphone jack, and i suppose this may explain the lost functionality. But I wonder if this is related to the phone call audio not working at all, unless a bluetooth device is attached, or the speaker-phone option is selected.

Other than that, the ROM is working great! I hope there is a fix/patch for this. I very much appreciate the ability to flash minimal Gapps. That is always my initial choice, if there is a choice.

Does this appear fixable?

EDIT:

More info:

My device (sailfish of course) is a US variant, 128 GB model. No mods were installed. Just basic OS, Pico OpenGapps, and AIMP audio player (for testing since i am having audio issues).

As far as I know, this phone was not a branded phone.

I did a clean flash (i actually erased and formatted all ext4 partitions - boot_a(_b) i just erased.

No Magisk insalled, or any other SU solution.

EDIT2:

I just came across the OP in BlissROM suggesting an SELinux issue for my specific issue. Do you recommend any specific kernel by chance? My phone model is G-2PW4100. Not the same as the specified affected model in the BlissROM OP, but I am still definitely getting this issue.

Thanks for any consideration (man I'm so close to having an updated rooted phone again!). I know Android 11 is out, but.... baby steps...

Last edited:

Gegene73

Feb 7, 2018
Hello,
I have this ROM ans it s work fine only GPS.
GPS works fine with maps or waze, but some apps like strava can't acces to localisation.
Thanks !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix 8.6.3

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

THE ROM COMES WITH NO GAPPS. IF YOU NEED GAPPS FLASH OPENGAPPS PICO.

Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest OpenGApps Pico ARM64 Android 10 package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package (Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat
    Join my support Telegram chat: https://t.me/dvrkroms

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    ResurrectionRemix, ROM for the Google Pixel

Contributors
    Dar3kPlayGam3s
    ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2020-08-19
    Last Updated 2020-10-21

- Version: 8.5.9
    - Build Date: 20200825

Changelog:
    - Official build
    - Face Unlock
    - RR source changes

Notes:
    {Mod edit}

Downloads:
    Sailfish | Marlin
    Interested but without the unlimited photos im probably gonna wait
    All pixel 1 roms have unlimited photos