Official Samsung Galaxy Tab Keyboard Dock (pics)

Search This thread

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
I know we all want a good working accesory for our Galaxy Tab. Well, the Samsung keyboard dock works really well with the tablet.... especially because it has Android Keys, its own charging port, and a speaker line out.
I recommend it if you are looking for a tab keyboard.

Some pics are attached for the community....

Also a very quick video about the Android Keys....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFuhRIdkWdU

Hope this helps some of you that are looking into this keyboard. :cool:

Attachments

• dock.jpg
    dock.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,419
  • dock1.jpg
    dock1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,219
  • doc2.jpg
    doc2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,110
Last edited:
Reactions: rubi76

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
@Rodus - I bought it at Best Buy yesterday.

All you do is dock it landscape mode. Dock it and its ready to go.

One thing is.... if you use a custom keyboard on your tab like swype... when you dock the tab, itll revert you back to stock keyboard. That is the only downside I have found.

rubi76

Jul 26, 2009
New York
Great Video, thanks.

A few questions:

-The way the tab recharges is only if the port on the right is used, meaning connected to the A/C with the charger that came with the Tab?

-If so, if we would like to plug in a USB adapter, it's either the adapter or the charger, correct?

-If we don't plug in the charger on the right, does the keyboard work? Is the Charger charging the keyboard as well? or does it get powered in other ways?

-What ports are in the back?

-Do you think this keyboard is somewhat portable? Or is it pretty much for home use?

-Does it come with a pouch or anything else?

Thanks!

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Great Video, thanks.

A few questions:

-The way the tab recharges is only if the port on the right is used, meaning connected to the A/C with the charger that came with the Tab?

-If so, if we would like to plug in a USB adapter, it's either the adapter or the charger, correct?

-If we don't plug in the charger on the right, does the keyboard work? Is the Charger charging the keyboard as well? or does it get powered in other ways?

-Do you think this keyboard is somewhat portable? Or is it pretty much for home use?

Thanks!

- Yes.... plug your AC to the keyboard while the tab is docked and it charges the tab.

- Dock your tab and plug your USB 30 pin adapter and you are good to go. Its either the AC for charge or the USB for transfer.

- The 30 pin is only for charging the tab. I'm thinking the keyboard is powered by the tab.... The keyboard doesn't have any batteries or anything like that... which makes it portable and really easy to work with. No plugs needed, just dock anywhere and the keyboard works.
I'm currently doing a few test to see what drains more battery, docked with the keyboard or undocked.

- The back of the keyboard only has a speaker line out, that's it. An HDMI would have been perfect but they put the HDMI connector on the media dock.

- No pouch... Its very light, portable, and has a very solid build with a rubber bottom so it doesn't slide around while you type.The tablet weights 567grams and the keyboard weights 609grams... I put them on the scale just now.

Hope that helps. :D

rubi76

Jul 26, 2009
New York
- Yes.... plug your AC to the keyboard while the tab is docked and it charges the tab.

- Dock your tab and plug your USB 30 pin adapter and you are good to go. Its either the AC for charge or the USB for transfer.

- The 30 pin is only for charging the tab. I'm thinking the keyboard is powered by the tab.... The keyboard doesn't have any batteries or anything like that... which makes it portable and really easy to work with. No plugs needed, just dock anywhere and the keyboard works.
I'm currently doing a few test to see what drains more battery, docked with the keyboard or undocked.

- The back of the keyboard only has a speaker line out, that's it. An HDMI would have been perfect but they put the HDMI connector on the media dock.

- No pouch... Its very light, portable, and has a very solid build with a rubber bottom so it doesn't slide around while you type.The tablet weights 567grams and the keyboard weights 609grams... I put them on the scale just now.

Nice!

my thoughts:

-if you buy the Hdmi adapter dongle it shoud work in the 30 pin adapter of the keyboard, you can connect to the tv.

-The media dock does NOT have an HDMI connector - you still need the Hdmi Adapter. What the media dock does is... it basically holds the Tab.

-great that the keyboard is so portable. Add a bluetooth mouse and there you have your power station.

Let us know about the battery test!

yyhd

Apr 2, 2011
California
@Rodus - I bought it at Best Buy yesterday.

All you do is dock it landscape mode. Dock it and its ready to go.

One thing is.... if you use a custom keyboard on your tab like swype... when you dock the tab, itll revert you back to stock keyboard. That is the only downside I have found.

Picked mine up from Best Buy this morning.

Oh, no wonder I am having problems with the keyboard. I froze the stock keyboard, so the dock keyboard has been giving me some problems.

I will defrost it and see if it's back to normal.

WRXBluByU

Feb 10, 2011
Anybody else having issues with the dock randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, it also seems to do it when waking up the device from sleep mode.

I am also feeling slightly uncomfortable with the dock due to the slight amount of movement from front to back when moving the device with the dock attached, really wish the 10.1 locked in.

On another note I don't usually notice it disconnect and reconnect when the device is plugged in to AC but it seems like when off the charger the dock is very finicky. If anyone can unplug the charger from your dock and see if you put your tab to sleep than wake up the tab, see if it dings like you have just plugged in the keyboard. I am wondering if it shuts the dock off to save power than turns it back on when you wake it up. Still doesn't solve the random but very short disconnects.

I am seriously contemplating calling Samsung to see their opinion on weather or not the bit of movement with the device on the dock will cause any premature failure of the docking/charging plug. Seems like a lot of stress on the jack when moving the device on the dock. Starting to think about the Extended Warranty due to fear of the possibility of breaking the Dock Connector inside the tab.

iamsupreme

Jul 21, 2010
Peoria, AZ
So I'm digging the keyboard dock. It does tend to be a bit possessed at times. It won't register when I cradle the Galaxy on rare occasion (it makes the docking sound but the key presses don't register). Sometimes I'll be typing and it will jump to the address bar for the web browser and the on screen / display keyboard will come up. Then a bunch of "o" keypresses or something along those lines will start inputing. When it works, it's awesome. I'm using it to to type this right now. When it's possesed it is a headache.

Reactions: caguy83

WRXBluByU

Feb 10, 2011
So I'm digging the keyboard dock. It does tend to be a bit possessed at times. It won't register when I cradle the Galaxy on rare occasion (it makes the docking sound but the key presses don't register). Sometimes I'll be typing and it will jump to the address bar for the web browser and the on screen / display keyboard will come up. Then a bunch of "o" keypresses or something along those lines will start inputing. When it works, it's awesome. I'm using it to to type this right now. When it's possesed it is a headache.

Glad I am not the only one having problems.

Reactions: caguy83

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
The tablet weights 567grams and the keyboard weights 609grams... I put them on the scale just now.

:eek: 609 grams just for the keyboard is quite a lot. I'd rather get a lighter bluetooth keyboard and prop up the tablet with an adjustable case or the cheap Arkon stand...

NyPlaya513

Dec 27, 2010
New York
i picked this bad boy up today and almost freaked because it didnt want to work for like a hour. It refused to respond, I tried it connected and not connected to the AC adaptor. Literally went to return it but was too late the store closed, went home and put it on to charge and it magically decided "oh damn he is serious, I guess I should work" and decided to do what its meant to.......

going to do some more testing before I decide to keep it....wont stand for a item that chooses when it wants to work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great Video, thanks.

A few questions:

Thanks!

I know we all want a good working accesory for our Galaxy Tab. Well, the Samsung keyboard dock works really well with the tablet.... especially because it has Android Keys, its own charging port, and a speaker line out.
    I recommend it if you are looking for a tab keyboard.

Some pics are attached for the community....

Also a very quick video about the Android Keys....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFuhRIdkWdU

Hope this helps some of you that are looking into this keyboard. :cool:

Glad I am not the only one having problems.
    Does it support other languages if I change the settings in the tab?

Thanks for the tip

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    The languages that are selectable in the input configuration will be converted to that language. Case in point I am using the Keyboard now and can type ЦАУоыаадыаа :) Russian which i cannot speak
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone