OFFICIAL Samsung Odin v4 1.2.1-dc05e3ea - For Linux

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4398224

search this thread for my post with 'modprobe'

Connect your USB/phone to the PC, then run modprobe command I provided, and then again refer to my prior hint on how to share the USB
Thanks. Now it's 11:40 pm at my place. I'm going to sleep, so I'll continue tomorrow. Good night.

D

Deleted member 4398224

search this thread for my post with 'modprobe'

Connect your USB/phone to the PC, then run modprobe command I provided, and then again refer to my prior hint on how to share the USB
I can't open Windows 11. I get this notification:

Underlined in red: No such file or directory.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-06-08 11-36-20.png
    Screenshot from 2023-06-08 11-36-20.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 42
D

Deleted member 4398224

spaces and special characters in the path
I didn't do anything. Now when I tried to boot Windows 11 again on the KVM, it booted up without a problem. I don't underestand it.

I've looked through all 10 pages on this topic and can't find your post with 'modprobe'.

D

Deleted member 4398224

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-06-08 14-27-51.png
    Screenshot from 2023-06-08 14-27-51.png
    449.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot from 2023-06-08 14-27-31.png
    Screenshot from 2023-06-08 14-27-31.png
    499.5 KB · Views: 24

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
I didn't do anything. Now when I tried to boot Windows 11 again on the KVM, it booted up without a problem. I don't underestand it.

I've looked through all 10 pages on this topic and can't find your post with 'modprobe'.

I connect phone and Linux with USB cabel and I tried Redirect USB and it is error.
I am quite annoyed by this. Multiple people referred this. Not only me.

sudo modprobe -r cdc_acm

You're just lazy liar

D

Deleted member 4398224

I am quite annoyed by this. Multiple people referred this. Not only me.

sudo modprobe -r cdc_acm

You're just lazy liar
Not work for me.

I have spent over 200 hours trying to solve this virtual windows issue. Is it laziness?

I am neither lazy nor a liar. No offense please. nobody is forcing you to help me. You provide information at the drop of a hat. Just because I don't know English and I use IM Translator doesn't mean I'm lazy and a liar.

I apologize for asking you for help. From now on I won't talk to you anymore. Kind regards.

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
You're aither one of those, or just ignorant. You've been provided with help you largerly ignored. You do not specify your nature of your issue properly. Majority of topics with you ends up with 'it doesn't work' instead of trying to learn from your mistakes. Secondly, we're flooding this topic with Off-topic not relevant to Linux odin binary, which works for those who tried it, but you're still complaining.

D

Deleted member 4398224

You're aither one of those, or just ignorant. You've been provided with help you largerly ignored. You do not specify your nature of your issue properly. Majority of topics with you ends up with 'it doesn't work' instead of trying to learn from your mistakes. Secondly, we're flooding this topic with Off-topic not relevant to Linux odin binary, which works for those who tried it, but you're still complaining.
I didn't ignore anything. I have done everything I have found here and nothing has worked for me. Linux is a big unknown for me. Those who know how to work on Linux, they solved the problem without problems. For me, the debate is over. Greeting.

D

Deleted member 4398224

USB on KVM problem solved. The first: I Unmount USB on Ubuntu. After Redirect USB device and it is it.

I now cam connect ODIN.

I need share folders Ubuntu and KVM.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
USB on KVM problem solved. The first: I Unmount USB on Ubuntu. After Redirect USB device and it is it.

I now cam connect ODIN.

I need share folders Ubuntu and KVM.
Or you can install dconf-editor. Use it to prevent your Linux desktop environment from automounting the device (if it's in Download Mode this shouldn't happen anyway, since the internal filesystems are unavailable). My host is Ubuntu LTS 22.04.2.

Now you are learning.

I too had issues with passing USB device from host to guest. And I'd already did the modprobe/blacklist of cdc_acm. But it's working now, I can Odin flash from the VMed Windows. Besides Windows Odin, you'll also need to install the official Samsung USB drivers, so Odin will recognize it. Only necessary for Windows Odin, native Linux Odin doesn't need this step.

However, if you will just follow the instructions in 1st post, you wouldn't need the VM Windows for flashing, Linux Odin would work.

Reactions: Virnik0

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
@Virnik0: Calling him a liar is a bit heavy and unnecessary. But I will agree that he seems to be somewhat lazy. Because if he had searched for modprobe, he would have found it.

D

Deleted member 4398224

Or you can install dconf-editor. Use it to prevent your Linux desktop environment from automounting the device (if it's in Download Mode this shouldn't happen anyway, since the internal filesystems are unavailable). My host is Ubuntu LTS 22.04.2.

Now you are learning.

I too had issues with passing USB device from host to guest. And I'd already did the modprobe/blacklist of cdc_acm. But it's working now, I can Odin flash from the VMed Windows. Besides Windows Odin, you'll also need to install the official Samsung USB drivers, so Odin will recognize it. Only necessary for Windows Odin, native Linux Odin doesn't need this step.

However, if you will just follow the instructions in 1st post, you wouldn't need the VM Windows for flashing, Linux Odin would work.
Odin works for me on Windows 11 KVM. Odin4 works for me as well. I only need to transfer files from KVM to Ubuntu and from Ubuntu to KVM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try out my new Linux flash tool called Thor - https://xdaforums.com/t/dev-thor-flash-utility-the-new-samsung-flash-tool.4597355, which has all the features of this tool + extras, like the usual Windows Odin ones which are missing in this leaked tool: F. Reset Time, NAND Erase All (aka just erase userdata), EFS Clear and bootloader update.​

Samsung's Odin on Linux is no longer a dream! This is an official version leaked from Samsung.

WARNING! Don't DM me stupid questions, I'm not tech support and I'm not going to teach you linux.

Here's the output you get from
    Code:
    odin -h
    Code:
    Usage : odin4 [args...]
    Odin4 downloader. odin4 version 1.2.1-dc05e3ea
     -v        SHOW VERSION
     -w        Show License
     -b        Add Bootloader file
     -a        Add AP image file
     -c        Add CP image file
     -s        Add CSC file
     -u        Add UMS file
     -e        Set Nand erase option
     -V        Home binary validation check with pit file
     --reboot  Reboot into normal mode
     --redownload   Reboot into download mode if it possible (not working in normal case)
     -d        Set a device path (detect automatically without this option)
     -l        Show downloadable devices path

IMPORTANT : You must set up your system to detect your device on LINUX host.
     create this file: /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
     to add a line to the file:
     SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04e8", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
       (http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html)
     And you maybe need to unload a module cdc_acm before downloading. (This is only needed for older kernels.)
       $sudo rmmod cdc_acm
     OR
       echo "blacklist cdc_acm" > /etc/modprobe.d/cdc_acm-blacklist.conf

Example :
    $odin4 -b BL_XXXX.tar.md5 -a AP_XXXX.tar.md5 -c CP_XXXX.tar.md5 -s CSC_XXXX.tar.md5
    Example (Select One Device):
    $odin4 -l
    PATH_OF_DEVICE_A
    PATH_OF_DEVICE_B
    $odin4 -b BL_XXXX.tar.md5 -a AP_XXXX.tar.md5 -c CP_XXXX.tar.md5 -s CSC_XXXX.tar.md5 -d PATH_OF_DEVICE_A

Odin Community : http://mobilerndhub.sec.samsung.net/hub/site/odin/

You can even verify that's the real one by comparing it's code with the Windows Odin.
    For some reason some method names were left unmodified.
    Have a nice day!
    It is in the archive attached. XDA doesn't allow for no-extension files to be uploaded.
    OMFG! You are a godsend!!! I was skeptical at first when I saw this post, wondering how I never saw this before today... However, I just tried it out and it worked 100% and quickly!

I have tried every other linux solution and every last one came up bust until now. Thanks again!
    Screenshot_2022-10-26_04-59-27.png
    Hello! Can you to public source code? And port Odin for Linux for ARM. It's only for x86
    This is official odin from the LAP$US Samsung leak. I didn't find it's source code as the executable itself was used in some sort of CI.
    I successfully flashed lineage os recovery on Samsung a52q using that tool. I want to emphasize that rmmod cdc_acm was a mandatory step for me. Without it I got
    ioctl bulk read Fail : Connection timed out 110 error. That's quite strange, given the fact that module count usage was zero and /dev/ttyACM device was not created. But still the module interfered with the flashing process somehow.

Also I decided not to mess with udev rules and just issued chown my_user /dev/bus/usb/xxx/yyy.
    Whats was enough.