Official Samsung TPU Case (Lots of pics!)

Search This thread

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
Great thread! :good:

Couple questions,
Could you review the build of the cover?
How would you rate it's protection compared to other cases you've used?
Have you changed cases since getting the Cover+?

Reading your post made me want to get this case, and it's one of the few cases with a lanyard loop :D :victory:

Sorry. I've been super busy lately (moved houses and had to do a lot of remodeling, etc). I thought someone else would have answered you by now. I guess not :) Happy to help!

I got this case pretty much the same week or so I got the Note 2. I've been using this case 99% of the time. The materials are Samsungy ... that mean's it's plastic. The sides are a rubberized material, so it kind of bends when you put your case in it (which is a good thing). then the back of the case is plastic. As you know I have both black and white cases. I chose two colors because I like to change it up sometimes. I don't have any visible scratches on it since I got it, now well over 6 months of using the cases on a daily basis. But that doesn't mean you can't scratch it. haha.

I'm no engineer but what they did was fuse the plastic and rubber together and then created a slight seam, sometimes (I mean really once in a while) some kind of lint or dust gets stuck in it (but it's on the outside of the case, not the inside) and it's really easy to clean with your finger nail. I've had to do it about 2 in the more or less 8 months I've owned the phone.

I have used some other cases since then, try and find some of my reviews. I always come back to this one because it's in my opinion the best one I've used so far. It's thin, fairly protective and relatively inexpensive. While some cases cost 30-40 dollars, I paid about 15 - 18 dollars for them. It's just your basic case really. It's no "4 wheel drive" case that protects it from everything. But I've dropped my phone about 2 times on hard wood floors, landing on the corners and so far so good :).

It does show a lot of fingerprints though on the black model.

Hope I've helped! ^.^ :)

csmiler

Mar 25, 2008
Sorry. I've been super busy lately (moved houses and had to do a lot of remodeling, etc). I thought someone else would have answered you by now. I guess not :) Happy to help!

I got this case pretty much the same week or so I got the Note 2. I've been using this case 99% of the time. The materials are Samsungy ... that mean's it's plastic. The sides are a rubberized material, so it kind of bends when you put your case in it (which is a good thing). then the back of the case is plastic. As you know I have both black and white cases. I chose two colors because I like to change it up sometimes. I don't have any visible scratches on it since I got it, now well over 6 months of using the cases on a daily basis. But that doesn't mean you can't scratch it. haha.

I'm no engineer but what they did was fuse the plastic and rubber together and then created a slight seam, sometimes (I mean really once in a while) some kind of lint or dust gets stuck in it (but it's on the outside of the case, not the inside) and it's really easy to clean with your finger nail. I've had to do it about 2 in the more or less 8 months I've owned the phone.

I have used some other cases since then, try and find some of my reviews. I always come back to this one because it's in my opinion the best one I've used so far. It's thin, fairly protective and relatively inexpensive. While some cases cost 30-40 dollars, I paid about 15 - 18 dollars for them. It's just your basic case really. It's no "4 wheel drive" case that protects it from everything. But I've dropped my phone about 2 times on hard wood floors, landing on the corners and so far so good :).

It does show a lot of fingerprints though on the black model.

Hope I've helped! ^.^ :)

Thanks for taking the time out to help :highfive:

Do you use a lanyard with the case?
With a phone this size, i'm surprised nobody seems to use them, they basically guarantee your phone staying in your hand and off the ground.
Not having your phone fall at all is better than it being fine after a fall, or worse.

You've been a great help, I'm getting this case :good:

Cheers!

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
Thanks for taking the time out to help :highfive:

Do you use a lanyard with the case?
With a phone this size, i'm surprised nobody seems to use them, they basically guarantee your phone staying in your hand and off the ground.
Not having your phone fall at all is better than it being fine after a fall, or worse.

You've been a great help, I'm getting this case :good:

Cheers!

I used to, but then the plastic or metallic parts of the lanyard would hit the screen while in my pocket and then it would scuff my screen protector. I had to change it frequently. I don't drop my phone frequently enough to need a lanyard. Plus, if it's not in my hand, it's in my pocket.

This case is great. I'd recommend it to anyone. If you get a lanyard, try and find one that has no plastic or metal attachments because the days you put it in your pocket you'll find your screen protector messed up.

Str0ntium

Oct 24, 2010
Not sure if it's been mentioned...only read about 6 or so pages of thread...this case allows use of the Pt/Seidio holster. Perfect, in my book. Love the holster, hate the change Seidio made to how their cases connect (used to be back to front, now top and bottom).

csmiler

Mar 25, 2008
I used to, but then the plastic or metallic parts of the lanyard would hit the screen while in my pocket and then it would scuff my screen protector. I had to change it frequently. I don't drop my phone frequently enough to need a lanyard. Plus, if it's not in my hand, it's in my pocket.

This case is great. I'd recommend it to anyone. If you get a lanyard, try and find one that has no plastic or metal attachments because the days you put it in your pocket you'll find your screen protector messed up.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll keep that in mind :good:

Cheers!

ncvikingx97

Jan 2, 2012
Just got mine! Love it , great way to maintain feel, while adding decent protection.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Eun-Hjzjined

Oct 31, 2011
Parry Sound, canada
I've had one of these since I got my note as well as the flip cover and decided about a month ago to mod my protective+.

I wanted the protection of the + case and the cover from the flip. so I measured the length of the spine on the flip cover, and cut the rubber 0.5mm longer than the spine. they both fit remarkably, with only a slight bulge on the spine side, because of the slight increase in thickness of the battery door from the flip cover. but I have eliminated this by using some double sided glass bonding tape between the modded+ and the battery door.

Sent from my t0lteCAN [SGH-i317M] using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mektarus

Oct 25, 2012
I've had one of these since I got my note as well as the flip cover and decided about a month ago to mod my protective+.

I wanted the protection of the + case and the cover from the flip. so I measured the length of the spine on the flip cover, and cut the rubber 0.5mm longer than the spine. they both fit remarkably, with only a slight bulge on the spine side, because of the slight increase in thickness of the battery door from the flip cover. but I have eliminated this by using some double sided glass bonding tape between the modded+ and the battery door.

Sent from my t0lteCAN [SGH-i317M] using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pics? :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really like these cases.

Here are some pictures (sorry, I took them in low light with the Galaxy S3):

I got the black and white cases, I personally like the white one more, but the black is also nice.

2012-11-02%2020.13.03.jpg

2012-11-02%2020.12.21.jpg

2012-11-02%2020.15.36.jpg

The case is very sturdy and very nice to the touch. It's kind of slippery, but it feels fine in the hand.
    2012-11-02%2020.13.36.jpg

It doesn't hinder the Spen. I've had other cases for this note, and the original, and the Spen on some cases were impossible to take out
    2012-11-02%2020.13.43.jpg

Buttons are easily accessible and they're raised! FINALLY! They're easy and clicky! Also, it has a charm loop or a lanyard loop.
    2012-11-02%2020.14.06.jpg

2012-11-02%2020.14.15.jpg

2012-11-02%2020.15.54.jpg

Here are some pics of the black one
    2012-11-02%2020.14.46.jpg

2012-11-02%2020.14.54.jpg

2012-11-02%2020.15.10.jpg

The cases are easy to apply and the phone basically snaps on, it's not a tight tight fit, but it's not going to come out on its own. It's snug in there, but you don't feel bad having to press really hard or anything like that to get the case off. It basically just comes out with ease.

These cases are going to be my daily drivers for a while, until something better comes along. I usually like Samsung cases. I love the S3 cases and now the Note 2 cases. The only thing I wish it had was the silicon flap to cover the USB or the headphone jack (or both!) to not let any dust in.

Hit thanks if this review has helped you or you just like the pics :) Or if you'd like me to continue reviewing cases I buy ;).

Thanks for reading!
    Regards,

ZKYEVOLVED

Update: I have been getting a lot of PMs about where I got the case. I finally ordered it from here: CLICK, 15 euros.

On another thread (this thread) I had found some ebay links, and then I found some stores
    All you need to do is search for the model number of the one you're looking for:

Black case: EFC-1J9BBEG
    White case: EFC-1J9BWE
    Pink case: I don't remember :( sorry!

Hope I've helped!

UPDATE: Today is my birthday, and last night I went out with some friends and I used this case. Oh my... The dark photos were ... let's just say that they could be used for Paranormal Activity 10! The white case gives off a reflection! Check this out. I don't recommend the white case if you're going to take night time pictures with flash. Without flash the pictures were fine, but the white edges of the case reflect and kind of destroyed the pictures. The reflection kind of threw off the rest of the picture (exposure, white balance, not to mention the spirit appearing at the bottom of my picture)!

20121110_231808.jpg
    Get rid of Branding, fingerprints and improve grip

It's disappointing to hear the cases are a little slippery. I was hoping for quite a bit of grip improvement.

The back plate is a slippery (and on the black, it's a fingerprint magnet, as you can see!) but the sides are rubber, and it won't slide out of your hand if you're holding the sides. But the back itself is slippery. It's plastic..

I've had the black/gray case for a week and I love it. It feels and fits perfect. The only thing, I wish the back wasn't so shiny cause it's a fingerprint magnet.

You can easily cover the slick back to improve the grip and fingerprint magnetism (and improve the looks IMO) by applying 3M Scotchprint 1080 vinyl to the plastic back. I liked the brushed steel sample as seen in the attached photos (it is darker than the titanium which looks more like aluminum or stainless steel). It has micro channel air release technology so putting it on bubble free is quick and easy. I did mine in less than 5 minutes using a credit card squeegee to smooth the vinyl then pressed it into the groove between the plastic and the rubber sides with my finger nail and cut off the excess with a razor knife.

Thanks to the OP of this thread for the original idea and more photos. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1996629

The sample I got from the link below has the grain of the brushed steel running the length of the phone while the OP's sample went across the width so you can view how it looks both ways.

You can order enough of the material to cover the back of your phone for $1.99 per sheet + shipping (it was also $1.99 to my address )here: http://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-Scotchprint-Series-1080-Brushed-p/smpl1080br.htm
    It's disappointing to hear the cases are a little slippery. I was hoping for quite a bit of grip improvement.

The back plate is a slippery (and on the black, it's a fingerprint magnet, as you can see!) but the sides are rubber, and it won't slide out of your hand if you're holding the sides. But the back itself is slippery. It's plastic... Of course it is! It's SAMSUNG!

Thanks for posting so many pics. I just ordered one of the white ones today and feel more secure in my decision after seeing your post. I'm currently using one of the generic "folio" type cases off of Amazon and was looking for something that was less awkward to use while I wait for Otterbox to release the Commuter/Defender cases.

I'm glad to have helped! I'm really content with the cases. You can tell that they've been made specifically for this phone. All the details are there for the ports and buttons. It is actually slimmer than my other TPU cases.

I'm not a fan of folio cases because I don't want to cover the LED Notification light, or when it's open cover the camera! They're probably two of the most important features about this phone for me.
    Thank You for the review!

What day did you order yours?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I ordered mine on the 25th and shipped out on the 27th. I'm in SoCal USA and it shipped from Dallas, TX.

Received and agree on all points. Fit is superb. Yeah, it's a little slippery on that glossy back piece but you're going to be gripping the rubbery sides so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Those raised plastic button covers on the sides for the volume and power are indeed nice and very assuring to the touch. It's not as thick as I thought it would be from seeing the pics.

Only con is it does add more weight than I would prefer but I feel more secure with the phone inside so I can deal with it.

My new favorite case over the Nilkin that exposed the top and bottom of the phone. :victory:
    If it's no trouble, could you post a picture of the inside of the case? Specifically the lanyard loop holes, is it 'recessed' from the inside?

No problem. I just popped off the black one from my phone and took some pictures. I hope these help.
    :)

uploadfromtaptalk1369650192496.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369650204985.jpg
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2