Official/stable OneUI 3.0 released for Note 20 Ultra in the US

Search This thread

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
Got it on my unlocked Note 20 Ultra about a week ago and it's sucking he battery over twice as fast as on Android 10. Booted to recovery and cleared the cache and that hasn't helped. 10 hours overnight on a full charge it would only lose 3-4% and now on Android 11 , UI 3.0 while sitting idle overnight it loses almost 20%. If I can't find what to do soon I'll try a FDR!

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I can't find what to do soon I'll try a FDR!
I have mine so that it doesn't really drain too much extra battery (maybe an additional 5-10% per day). I obtained this by:

1. Always closing my apps fully after use.
2. Shutting my phone off at night and using my old, non-active phone as my alarm.
3. I put like 26 apps into deep sleep mode so that they don't use any resources running in the background (cuz they won't be able to run in the background in deep sleep mode).
4. Doing a full factory reset and then flashing everything for the 11 update manually (though I doubt this helped my battery life at all lol).

Anyway, if you check out your battery usage and happen to see that one particular app is using an excessive amount of battery, then you'll most likely have to throw it into deep sleep mode. That way it doesn't chug away from your battery each night whilst you're not using it.

Not a definitive answer - just a quick thought regarding a possibly potential solution.

Reactions: evnStevn

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have mine so that it doesn't really drain too much extra battery (maybe an additional 5-10% per day). I obtained this by:

2. Shutting my phone off at night and using my old, non-active phone as my alarm.
3. I put like 26 apps into deep sleep mode so that they don't use any resources running in the background (cuz they won't be able to run in the background in deep sleep mode).
4. Doing a full factory reset and then flashing everything for the 11 update manually (though I doubt this helped my battery life at all lol).

Anyway, if you check out your battery usage and happen to see that one particular app is using an excessive amount of battery, then you'll most likely have to throw it into deep sleep mode. That way it doesn't chug away from your battery each night whilst you're not using it.

Not a definitive answer - just a quick thought regarding a possibly potential solution.

Did the same thing, bruh...it helped me about 30% or so! This machine is a beast, on steroids!
And I''m damn glad to own it and quite frankly,.. there's nothing like it around(not yet, imo)?!
Apple, oh yeah,, I know that one..."an apple a day keeps the doctor away."
Apple is for folks that miss their palm-pilots or blackberries...smh(no offense, only nonsensical humor intended)🤔

Happy New Year, XDA ARMY!!

(sorry, Mod-squad....it probably will happen again)! 🤓

eelpout

Aug 19, 2007
OK, that's weird. I had the Android 11, OneUI 3.0 update a couple days ago. And now it appears to be gone and I'm back on Android 10 and OneUI 2.5. :/

Looks like there was a November security patch which rolled it back. Anyone get this?

There is another patch waiting and I'm a bit reluctant to let it happen at this point.

(this Note 20 Ultra 5G phone is on Google Fi)

Edit. Just found this post (but it's about S10 series). Apparently they did roll things back. I'm guessing I'm behind the news curve here. :)

Reactions: evnStevn

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
Google Pixel 8 Pro
OK, that's weird. I had the Android 11, OneUI 3.0 update a couple days ago. And now it appears to be gone and I'm back on Android 10 and OneUI 2.5. :/

Looks like there was a November security patch which rolled it back. Anyone get this?

There is another patch waiting and I'm a bit reluctant to let it happen at this point.

Edit. Just found this post (but it's about S10 series). Apparently they did roll things back. I'm guessing I'm behind the news curve here. :)

I'm confused...did you update to android 11 or not? The November security patch wouldn't roll you back to android 10 One UI 2.5, that was for folks not on beta software, still operating on Android 10, etc. Did you not receive an OTA from your wireless provider for the new software package?
Here's what it would look like when you open settings, software update, etc. Hopefully, this will clarify what you should be working with on your handset.

Good Luck, holler back for help, if needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210202-194808.png
    Screenshot_20210202-194808.png
    528.4 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: NippleSauce

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just saw this article on Sammobile. Anyone get it yet?

Build N986USQU1CTL2

Just saw this article on Sammobile. Anyone get it yet?

Build N986USQU1CTL2

Got it on Friday on my AT&T Note20 Ultra 5G.
    I can't find what to do soon I'll try a FDR!

I'm confused...did you update to android 11 or not? The November security patch wouldn't roll you back to android 10 One UI 2.5, that was for folks not on beta software, still operating on Android 10, etc. Did you not receive an OTA from your wireless provider for the new software package?
    Here's what it would look like when you open settings, software update, etc. Hopefully, this will clarify what you should be working with on your handset.

Good Luck, holler back for help, if needed.