Official statement from Google regarding the Cyanogen controvery

Search This thread

X-i-phoner

Aug 25, 2009
Boise, ID
JAC and Haykuro got Hero leaks... HTC wasn't being dumb about it... i mean whoever has the Hero unrooted now will probably thank them and us for testing and providing feedback if only they knew right? but Google doesn't seem to like high-quality pre-release testing... that's the !@#$%&* best kind!

I could see Google being ten times more pissed if Cyanogen didnt put gmail, maps, ect on his ROMS. THEY MAKE THERE MONEY FROM AD SPACE. All the ad space is still there and improved!

redmdc

Jul 15, 2009
I really don't know what the fuss is all about...what's stopping the devs...seriously

Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚

Jul 3, 2009
www.last.fm
yes... it is a sad day :'(

Agreed.

But please everyone keep developing...
tftm_dvd0471.jpg

... till all are one...
150755-9778-optimus-prime_super.jpg

Zerodime

Feb 26, 2009
What i really don't understand is....
Everyone says "Booh google, i switch to iPhone" etc.
But...your switchign from a (pretty much open) platform to a platform where you have to own a mac to develop for it!

I don't understand why anyone wants to switch from an open platform with properitary software on it to a properitary platform with closed source apps!

Sure bad move from Google, but thats not a reason to abandon the android platform!

cal3thousand

Feb 10, 2009
Anyone ever remember that show called Jericho? When it was cancelled, all of the fans sent peanuts to the stations headquarters. After receiving multiple tons of peanuts the show received a new season. I'll do it!

Should we all send them APPLES???? Rotten ones of course.

Remember to start using BING. and turn off sharing info with Google. Fockers.
I feel like uninstalling Chrome and only using FireFox.

Gimpeh

Feb 25, 2009
Springfield
I feel like my best friend just stabbed me in the back =(

I feel ya! I've done nothing but promote the Android OS at work. I work for a HUGE Computer manufacture and have convinced many to get a Android phone. It's a terrible thing that my loyalty along with other's is being thrown aside. My response is my ION and Dream will be on shortly, along with the closing of my gmail account and deletion of Chrome from all of my computers. Good riddance.

Tomrade

Sep 26, 2009
Seems ironic, google complain their google voice wont get accepted into to iphone, but cyanogen mod is not allowed have google tech, even though it is android. If they spent more time getting them on android rather than the iphone maybe we might not need these roms

cal3thousand

Feb 10, 2009
Can't Cyanogen just leave his work on GitHUB without the google apps?

Then, we can take the code (each one of us) and put the apps in, then resign and install?

Oh and another thing, since Google reads our Google Voice messages, what about everyone that has a GV account to leave themselves messages stating how Google has wronged them.

Last edited:

koolmick

May 17, 2009
Boston, MA
Damn, just when I started to really start to understand why, while the iPhone might look cooler and seem more polished, the G1 was actually the better phone. I remember 6 months ago I was close to selling this phone and going to the dark side. Then after two weeks of delays for the official cupcake release that turned into a month I decided to root this phone and all was right in the world until today... I guess I might check to see how much the early termination fee will cost 'cause I might take that trip to the dark side. Unrooted G1s are gonna be like touch screen Sidekicks with a bunch of teenagers wasting their parents money....peace.

G

GuestK00233

can we start a movement @google #googlefail on twitter, we can change googles mind on their lic. this it the make or break for them

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
Damn, just when I started to really start to understand why, while the iPhone might look cooler and seem more polished, the G1 was actually the better phone. I remember 6 months ago I was close to selling this phone and going to the dark side. Then after two weeks of delays for the official cupcake release that turned into a month I decided to root this phone and all was right in the world until today... I guess I might check to see how much the early termination fee will cost 'cause I might take that trip to the dark side. Unrooted G1s are gonna be like touch screen Sidekicks with a bunch of teenagers wasting their parents money....peace.

Early termination fee is $200 - I just called T-Mobile. The basic iphone plan + unlimited messaging comes to about $60/month. Personally, I'm about to make the switch. My G1 is practically useless w/o cyan's mod. It's hard to argue against the iphone now that Android's biggest selling point has been destroyed by google.

CompactDstrxion

Aug 17, 2009
Mine has Save CyanogenMod Petition as the most popular app. I am on a Hero build at the moment, which might make a difference. (& I'm in the UK)