Official StatiXOS 4.1 Release (Android 11)

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Firefox works 100% perfect. Under APN I only see IPv4. I did try removing the SIM card to see if that would make a difference but it did not. I turned off WiFi and tried Chrome and it still froze up after 60 seconds. Not sure why I am the only having this issue with Chrome locking up at exactly 60 seconds... very very strange... Maybe I am living in the Twilight Zone! :cool:

aamadorj

Jan 11, 2010
Firefox works 100% perfect. Under APN I only see IPv4. I did try removing the SIM card to see if that would make a difference but it did not. I turned off WiFi and tried Chrome and it still froze up after 60 seconds. Not sure why I am the only having this issue with Chrome locking up at exactly 60 seconds... very very strange... Maybe I am living in the Twilight Zone! :cool:
I also have the same issue with any Chromium based browser. I shared a logcat at the support Telegram group about it.

chanh2018

Jan 19, 2018
Try to add IPv6 to your APN and see if it works.

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
That's right: Brave will freeze after approximately 60 s.

By the way, Netflix doesn't work in my case. I also shared a logcat of the issue at the Telegram support group.
emowing was kind enough to post his build of Android 11 and I am now running it and seems to work very well and was easy to follow his steps to install: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android-11-preview.4056465/post-84109181

be sure to use his latest which included the Jan security patch: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android-11-preview.4056465/page-17#post-84229631

I have not tried Netflix yet but Google Chrome doesn't hang and so far everything seems to be working just fine.

cucumbersmell

Nov 14, 2009
Portland, OR
I take it that is why I lose TWRP every time I install a rom? I need to flash rom, then TWRP correct? Is twrp 3.2.3-0 the latest version? I know there is a version out there that you lose touch screen operation and have to use a usb mouse and since I do not have one of those laying around I want to make sure I am installing the patched and latest version of TWRP, so if someone can point me to a download of the latest of both TWRP and Magisk I would be ever so grateful .
Here is a version of TWRP with working touchscreen that I've had for a long while.

Attachments

Reactions: SirDigitalKnight

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
I can confirm that on my phone ANY Chromium-based browser consistently freezes after a minute of use, just like on Nov 2020 Nuclear version I tried earlier. Other browsers (non-Chromium) are working just fine. This sucks... I wouldn't care much about Chrome itself, but I'm very much used to Edge as my primary browser on both PC and phone. I will try using Maxthon or DDG for a while to see how that works for me (maybe even Firefox which I don't like), but I hope this issue would be fixed at some point...

Other than this, I haven't come across other issues so far. Nice, fast ans stable ROM.

chanh2018

Jan 19, 2018
I can confirm that on my phone ANY Chromium-based browser consistently freezes after a minute of use, just like on Nov 2020 Nuclear version I tried earlier. Other browsers (non-Chromium) are working just fine. This sucks... I wouldn't care much about Chrome itself, but I'm very much used to Edge as my primary browser on both PC and phone. I will try using Maxthon or DDG for a while to see how that works for me (maybe even Firefox which I don't like), but I hope this issue would be fixed at some point...

Other than this, I haven't come across other issues so far. Nice, fast ans stable ROM.
hmm....really weird. I just wonder why it doesn't work in some phones but not all. Mine is working fine with Chrome....hardware build related?

mawdogbe

Dec 26, 2015
I noticed Call Screen is included in this ROM, but it seems like there's no audio to the person calling. Any fix for this? ROM is pretty much perfect otherwise!
EDIT: Just also discovered that SMS messages won't send if VoLTE is enabled, and I can't receive phone calls if VoLTE is disabled. Any fixes?

Last edited:

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
I noticed Call Screen is included in this ROM, but it seems like there's no audio to the person calling. Any fix for this? ROM is pretty much perfect otherwise!
EDIT: Just also discovered that SMS messages won't send if VoLTE is enabled, and I can't receive phone calls if VoLTE is disabled. Any fixes?
Chrome working for you more than 60 seconds?

chanh2018

Jan 19, 2018
hmm...seem like they didn't fix this since Nuclear.

nijohnson

Jul 3, 2012
How granular is/are the volume adjustments in this ROM? Does it allow custom volume steps? Or can the volume be adjusted by percentage?

Thanks