OFFICIAL STOCK Firmware-update (Odin) thread Samsung GALAXY S7Edge SM-G935F

Search This thread

Andddyy

Nov 3, 2017
Hi

I got ERD5 BL/CP and im currently on LOS 15.1. Can i flash nougat firmware via odin? If i can after flash can i get official updates from samsung?

Thanks

yan74s

Aug 6, 2008
Btu is a multi csc and by default your phone chooses btu from that list of multi csc, so xef and btu are in the same multi csc group, so if you want to change to xef csc you need to flash another region firmware, like middle east KSA firmware, and then flash back XEF and it will choose XEF as default, but keep your france based network sims inside just to be sure. You can search in which region firmware XEF and BTU belong and you need to flash different region.

Edit: it looks like both xef and btu firmware belongs to OXA region, you need to flash any firmware with OJV region, or simply put, just download ksa csc firmware, then flash back xef csc. Good luck. And also btu oreo update has been pulled back from the server. Samsung looks like its teasing s7 users from quite some time :D

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs

Thanks It works

Xealtor

Jan 24, 2015
Mixing firmware from different regions

Greetings All,

My phone is an S7 Edge dual sim (SM-G935FD) that came stock with 'XSG' firmware for the UAE. I live in the Caribbean region (TTT), for which there is no firmware for the 'FD' only 'F'. Can I use the 'Home_CSC' file from the latest SM-G935F for the 'TTT' region with the other files for 'XSG'? The only reason I ask, is because everytime this question was asked, the persons were from regions where there are official ROMs for the 'FD'. From what I have read so far it seems that I need to use a 'CSC' file from my home region to get the latest security updates (security updates are currently dated as 2016 on my phone)

prosperot

Nov 19, 2008
Changing csc is possible, but only with the csc file, not the home csc... so it means you will wipe your phone.

F firmware can be used on a FD device. I did the same with my UAE dual sim.

Reactions: Xealtor

zhelev81

May 18, 2011
Varna
hi guys ... i have the G935F with bootloader G935FXXU1BPLB bought from Bulgaria , and the last update is :

2018-04-10 Bulgaria (MTL)7.0 G935FXXS2DRC3 G935FVFG2DRB1

is it possible to flash the UK rom : 2018-05-17 United Kingdom 8.0.0 G935FXXU2ERE8 G935FOXA2ERE8 ???

I have rooted the phone and installed this rom from here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/development/lineageos-15-android-8-0-0-s7-edge-t3710101 with twrp 3.2.1.1

Can you advice me when i am flashing rom what i have to watch to understand if the rom can be installed on my phone or not ?

or any rom that comes on https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7-edge/SM-G935F/ can be installed on my phone ?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

vukis

May 5, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi. I rooted my s7 few months ago. Now I have started getting custom binary blocked by frp lock. So I downloaded this firmware from updato. Unzipped and flashed only AP. Stuck in samsung logo for more than 30 minutes. Forced restart and flashed all BL, AP, CP, CSC. And on restart still stuck on samsung logo for more than 15. What are my options?
By the way updato archive got two CSC:
CSC_SEB_G930FSEB2DRC4_CL13167626_QB17218072_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
HOME_CSC_SEB_G930FSEB2DRC4_CL13167626_QB17218072_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

I flashed former one "HOME...". Is it correct?

Another flash with Odin 3.13 and "CSC_SEB*" helped. All data wipped :( Damn that custom binary blocked by frp lock

Last edited:

Jun 22, 2018
Seriously i got the s9 plus friend as s7 edge SEE still no oreo update and will not buy a samsung phone ever again and i dont see the point in rooting phone it only messes them up and custom roms are no better or different in any way apart from few tweaks and would not root one this site is a load of **** lol buy me a beer or donate for what to make your phone useless when it comes to re- selling it if i was you stop misleading people into thinking your a god or you can do magic on itis site die with all the **** roms on it
Hello people, i want to flash the APD1 firmware without wiping. I've read everything and I'm enough experienced to make any operation working since i'm not a newbie modder.
The only doubt i have is: i've got a branded 935F with WIN (wind italy) csc. I can't find the csc i need to avoid wipe so i'm interested in changing by myself an existing csc making odin believe it's WIN. Do you think this is a possible operation or do i have to do something else (maybe something simpler)?

Last edited:

hkh4all

Sep 14, 2011
Seriously i got the s9 plus friend as s7 edge SEE still no oreo update and will not buy a samsung phone ever again and i dont see the point in rooting phone it only messes them up and custom roms are no better or different in any way apart from few tweaks and would not root one this site is a load of **** lol buy me a beer or donate for what to make your phone useless when it comes to re- selling it if i was you stop misleading people into thinking your a god or you can do magic on itis site die with all the **** roms on it

LOL!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

_JT

Nov 3, 2010
What file do I use for userdata after reverting back to standard from a custom rom?

Last edited:

Aruberto

Oct 18, 2011
Hello,

After doing a big research about downgrading I'm starting to get very confused. I have read many things about the bootloader being newer on the Oreo and that it is impossible to downgrade. I have G935FXXU2ERGC, security patch 1st August 2018. How do I downgrade? Is it possible? I have also heard that the newer versions of the Nougat have the newer bootloader (v2 or whatever its called), but how do I know which ones? Could someone guide me a little?

xrad

Jul 3, 2012
The Internet
DBT got the September update today. Hats off to Samsung for supporting the S7 so well. It really seems like Samsung has improved on their processes, perhaps even the source code management to be able to provide frequent updates, especially with the unbranded devices. I do know that it still takes ages for some countries/carriers to become included in the rollout, but that's a different story. Just technically, they are able to quickly incorporate new patch levels.

As a curiosity, the second last letter of the version code was not bumped as usual when the patch level is bumped. I'd expected an "I" build, while it is still an "H" build like the August-level ones. Does anyone know why this is?

Verna KDM

May 11, 2012
Athens
Hi guys, i m running btu oreo now and i want to change my baseband with EU rom.
I just flash the cp file from the EU rom on odin?
I dont want to do factory reset just flash the modem.
If anyone knows wich options must be enabled on odin for avoiding the factory reset please help me.

DSA

May 15, 2011

Lol, and you joined xda because....?

Reactions: Kylesvet

SaySayonara

May 28, 2013
Hello!
I have a rooted S7 Edge G935F rooted with TWRP recovery and NO android on it. I would like to install the stock firmware on it. I know it will loose root and recovery.
Can I use this tutorial?
Install drives, flash the 5 files with odin or do I need to downgrade or do anything similar before?
The phone isn't mine and I'm scared of bricking it..
Also, in the main post it says "WARNING WARNING WARNING

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Hello!
I have a rooted S7 Edge G935F rooted with TWRP recovery and NO android on it. I would like to install the stock firmware on it. I know it will loose root and recovery.
Can I use this tutorial?
Install drives, flash the 5 files with odin or do I need to downgrade or do anything similar before?
The phone isn't mine and I'm scared of bricking it..
Also, in the main post it says "WARNING WARNING WARNING

I don't know why but it didn't post the whole text i wrote. Maybe because of the triple warning.
I wanted to say that I cannot check the PIN in the tutorial because I don't have android on the phone. This is quite a dilemma..
Could anyone please help me? Can I still flash it or not?
Thank you!

dhami232

Mar 15, 2019
hi tech champs..
i want to ask you one of my problem, actually i coverted my 7 edge 935 v into 935 u..
by do this the problem is that wifi calling is disappears. so now there is no wifi calling option. give me the solution please..
[email protected] is my email address

Jan 19, 2016
I could not get the latest unbranded carrier firmware (as of 11/22/2019) to flash to my Verizon phone using the version of Odin in the initial post. Odin v3.12 (PrinceComsy) and the latest version of Odin resulted in failure as well. Use Odin3 v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD if you are experiencing failure while attempting to flash firmware to your device. I had this same issue with my Samsung Note 8 as well and this version of Odin was the cure. If you want the latest firmware download for your device without hassle, search this forum for the firmware download tool called "Frija", developed by users on this forum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread, You can share the Mega-Links of new firmware's (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S7Edge (so: NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk)...

Discussions about battery life and/or drain, can be found overhere:
    How many of you experiencing high android system battery drain?
    Post your Battery life!!!

How to flash firmware to your phone:

WARNING WARNING WARNING -> Before flashing, ACTIVATE PIN in "Secure startup" (You'll be asked for it AFTER flashing!)

nCcbKa.png
    FQoAUN.png

WARNING WARNING WARNING -> Before flashing, ACTIVATE PIN in "Secure startup" (You'll be asked for it AFTER flashing!)

hH9QtL.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.12.7
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.12.7
    5. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in msg #2

The main file, is made for the Netherlands (CSC=PHN).

If you have another CSC, i.e. SEB (Baltic):
    1. download the MAIN-file and extract AP BL & CP
    2. download the latest firmware for your country, and extract the HOME_CSC of your country
    3. Place the extracted files (including YOUR HOME_CSC in the designated slots of Odin)
    Latest Firmware Netherlands - PHN

nCcbKa.png
    FQoAUN.png

This ROM is the latest ROM for Netherlands (PHN) released 31 may 17, and made it compatible for the Netherlands (PHN).
    This is official Samsung ROM, so KNOX won't be triggered!

Your data will stay intact, but it's possible you get "com.android.***** has stopped" -> Then a Factory Reset is needed (in Recovery)!

What's new:
    * Android 7.0
    * May security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Stability Improvements

Model SM-G935F
    Model name Galaxy S7 edge
    Country Netherlands
    Version Android 7.0
    Changelist 11104523
    Build date Tue, 16 May 2017 06:11:50 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2017-05-01
    Product code PHN
    PDA G935FXXU1DQEF
    CSC G935FPHN1DQD1
    Download for install with Odin 3.12.7: MegaNZ

UN-RAR the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.12.7

This package contains the HOME_CSC of the Netherlands (PHN); if you want the HOME_CSC of your own country/region, download the latest firmware of your country/region and extract the HOME_CSC which you can use with the BL AP & CP of the main package!
    G935FXXU1APER (Netherlands - PHN)

0uBWOG.png
    RpKObv.png

abKopO.jpg
    CkudHY.png

This ROM is based on the latest ROM for Brazil released 02 jun 16 and made it compatible for the UN-Branded Netherlands (PHN) S7Edge.

Your data will stay intact, but it's always best to make a back-up!

What's new:
    * June security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Stability Improvements

Model SM-G935F
    Country Netherlands
    Version Android 6.0.1
    Changelist 8206888
    Build date Fri, 27 May 2016 04:39:54 +0000
    Product code PHN
    PDA G935FXXU1APER
    CSC G935FPHN1APC5
    Download for install with Odin 3.11.1: MegaNZ

UN-RAR the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.11.1

For Germany Un-branded DBT, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_DBT

For United Kingdom Un-branded BTU, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_BTU

For United Kingdom/Ireland Un-branded XEU, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_XEU

For NorDic Un-branded NEE, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_NEE

For Spain Un-branded PHE, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_PHE

For South East Europe SEE, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_SEE

For Italy Un-branded ITV, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_ITV

For Saudi Arabia KSA, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_KSA

For France Un-branded XEF, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_XEF

For Luxembourg Un-branded LUX, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_LUX
    G935FXXU1BPH6 (Netherlands - PHN)

0uBWOG.png
    RpKObv.png

3PQ82d.jpg
    C3vfDt.png

This ROM is based on the the latest ROM for Italy (ITV) released 17 aug 16, and made it compatible for the Netherlands (PHN).

Your data will stay intact, but it's possible you get "com.android.phone has stopped" -> Then a Factory Reset is needed (in Recovery)!

What's new:
    * August security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Samsung Cloud
    * Gallery-app updated (à la Note 7)
    * Stability Improvements

Model SM-G935F
    Country Netherlands
    Version Android 6.0.1
    Changelist 8888212
    Build date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 09:46:20 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2016-08-01
    Product code PHN
    PDA G935FXXU1BPH6
    CSC G935FPHN1APF1
    Download for install with Odin 3.12.3: MegaNZ

UN-RAR the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.12.3

This package contains the HOME_CSC of the Netherlands (PHN); if you want the HOME_CSC of your own country/region, download the latest firmware of your country/region and extract the HOME_CSC which you can use with the BL AP & CP of the main package!
    G935FXXU1APEK (Netherlands - PHN)

0uBWOG.png
    RpKObv.png

EazwxV.jpg
    tMDQV5.png

This ROM is based on the latest ROM for Spain released 30 may 16 and made it compatible for the UN-Branded Netherlands (PHN) S7Edge.

Your data will stay intact, but it's always best to make a back-up!

What's new:
    * June security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Stability Improvements

Model SM-G935F
    Country Netherlands
    Version Android 6.0.1
    Changelist 8040641
    Build date Tue, 24 May 2016 09:00:33 +0000
    Product code PHN
    PDA G935FXXU1APEK
    CSC G935FPHN1APC5
    Download for install with Odin 3.11.1: MegaNZ

UN-RAR the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.11.1

For Germany Un-branded DBT, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_DBT

For United Kingdom Un-branded BTU, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_BTU

For United Kingdom/Ireland Un-branded XEU, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_XEU

For NorDic Un-branded NEE, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_NEE

For Spain Un-branded PHE, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_PHE

For South East Europe SEE, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_SEE