OFFICIAL STOCK Firmware-update (Odin) thread Samsung GALAXY S7Edge SM-G935F

Search This thread

xrad

Jul 3, 2012
The Internet
Do we need to use the CSC from BTU, or can i use the latest csc from PHN (from nougat)?
Even switching from DBT to PHN with only one patch level of difference left my settings screen a mess because I kept the CSC. I would expect far worse effects when using a 7.0 CSC with an 8.0 ROM so why bother? Either go the full way and suffer a full reset or wait until 8.0 rolls out for you.

will update my previous post.

found the first issue when flashing Oreo to my german s7 Edge (O2 == VIA)
Samsung Health is complaining that my phone seems to be hacked even with Knox = 0x0

also tried to flash csc from VIA with success but Samsung Health is still complaining

Last edited:

karstensson

Jun 10, 2010
Hello,

I have now updated my phone to oreo BTU thorugh odin. But in phone settings I get theese two settings which makes the phone crash. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove these or what they are for? 20180506_122841.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yan74s

Aug 6, 2008
Hello

I use this PHN Rom since a long time to get the updates, but now I would like to go back to XEF to activate samsung Pay in my original country. Is it really no way to change the CSC without making a full reset of the phone ? (because I'll lost some games/aaps saves ...)

I made a clean install to get from PHN to XEF and directly have 3 OTA updates ---> the last one was for OREO :)

NoOneCanHelpMe

Jun 12, 2010
UK
The thing is, I haven ever had these options before. Aren't they carrier specific?

They are basically some hidden settings, but if you flash different roms from Odin, sometimes you get them.
The fix, in my case on Nougat, was to flash an older ROM and then wait for OTA, everything was fine after that.

But! In your case I think you have to wipe/factory reset, because you're now on Oreo and if you flash Nougat, you will most certainly get some force closes from variour apps.

You can try:
Just install Samsung Switch on your computer and backup your phone.
Flash UK Nougat BTU rom. Go into stock recovery, do factory reset then restore from Samsung Switch and wait for Oreo OTA.

My brother lives outside UK and he flashed UK BTU, then got Oreo OTA immediately :cool:

Last edited:

yan74s

Aug 6, 2008
Hello

I use this PHN Rom since a long time to get the updates, but now I would like to go back to XEF to activate samsung Pay in my original country. Is it really no way to change the CSC without making a full reset of the phone ? (because I'll lost some games/aaps saves ...)

So XEF got the oreo update too ?

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs

I got It but by a strange way, you can look here :

https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/help/oreo-france-xef-t3786964

I set my phone in english language at the start-up, perhaps it could be an explanation ?

shah22

yan74s

Aug 6, 2008
No, setting language won't cause CSC change, csc will only be changed to another csc in a multi csc when a sim is inserted which belongs to another csc in a multi csc group.

I flashed with Odin without the sim and SD cards inserted (to avoid erasing)
When the flash have finish (At the first start screen) I turned off my phone, insert my French sim + SD card and boot to run the first setting up (and turned It to english, or perhaps It was the default language I don't remember)
My CSC changing to BTU could be due to this flash without the SIM ? (It's the first time that I flash without SIM and not the HOME )

shah22

I flashed with Odin without the sim and SD cards inserted (to avoid erasing)
When the flash have finish (At the first start screen) I turned off my phone, insert my French sim + SD card and boot to run the first setting up (and turned It to english, or perhaps It was the default language I don't remember)
My CSC changing to BTU could be due to this flash without the SIM ? (It's the first time that I flash without SIM and not the HOME )

Btu is a multi csc and by default your phone chooses btu from that list of multi csc, so xef and btu are in the same multi csc group, so if you want to change to xef csc you need to flash another region firmware, like middle east KSA firmware, and then flash back XEF and it will choose XEF as default, but keep your france based network sims inside just to be sure. You can search in which region firmware XEF and BTU belong and you need to flash different region.

Edit: it looks like both xef and btu firmware belongs to OXA region, you need to flash any firmware with OJV region, or simply put, just download ksa csc firmware, then flash back xef csc. Good luck. And also btu oreo update has been pulled back from the server. Samsung looks like its teasing s7 users from quite some time :D

Last edited:
Reactions: yan74s

yan74s

Aug 6, 2008
Btu is a multi csc and by default your phone chooses btu from that list of multi csc, so xef and btu are in the same multi csc group, so if you want to change to xef csc you need to flash another region firmware, like middle east KSA firmware, and then flash back XEF and it will choose XEF as default, but keep your france based network sims inside just to be sure. You can search in which region firmware XEF and BTU belong and you need to flash different region.

Edit: it looks like both xef and btu firmware belongs to OXA region, you need to flash any firmware with OJV region, or simply put, just download ksa csc firmware, then flash back xef csc. Good luck. And also btu oreo update has been pulled back from the server. Samsung looks like its teasing s7 users from quite some time :D

Ok thanks for your information :) , I'll try this with 8.0 firmwares, bercause I'm not sure If come back to 7.0 is safe and won't create problems later

Last edited:

yan74s

Aug 6, 2008

With a multi csc, is there an easy way to check wich one is the active ? (easier than checking the Baseband version via internet ?) (in my case, I can't read anywhere BTU in settings/software information or via *#1234# ...... I can only check G935FXXU2ERD5 via samsung-firmware.org )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread, You can share the Mega-Links of new firmware's (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S7Edge (so: NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk)...

Discussions about battery life and/or drain, can be found overhere:
    How many of you experiencing high android system battery drain?
    Post your Battery life!!!

How to flash firmware to your phone:

WARNING WARNING WARNING -> Before flashing, ACTIVATE PIN in "Secure startup" (You'll be asked for it AFTER flashing!)

nCcbKa.png
    FQoAUN.png

WARNING WARNING WARNING -> Before flashing, ACTIVATE PIN in "Secure startup" (You'll be asked for it AFTER flashing!)

hH9QtL.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.12.7
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.12.7
    5. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in msg #2

The main file, is made for the Netherlands (CSC=PHN).

If you have another CSC, i.e. SEB (Baltic):
    1. download the MAIN-file and extract AP BL & CP
    2. download the latest firmware for your country, and extract the HOME_CSC of your country
    3. Place the extracted files (including YOUR HOME_CSC in the designated slots of Odin)
    Latest Firmware Netherlands - PHN

nCcbKa.png
    FQoAUN.png

This ROM is the latest ROM for Netherlands (PHN) released 31 may 17, and made it compatible for the Netherlands (PHN).
    This is official Samsung ROM, so KNOX won't be triggered!

Your data will stay intact, but it's possible you get "com.android.***** has stopped" -> Then a Factory Reset is needed (in Recovery)!

What's new:
    * Android 7.0
    * May security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Stability Improvements

Model SM-G935F
    Model name Galaxy S7 edge
    Country Netherlands
    Version Android 7.0
    Changelist 11104523
    Build date Tue, 16 May 2017 06:11:50 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2017-05-01
    Product code PHN
    PDA G935FXXU1DQEF
    CSC G935FPHN1DQD1
    Download for install with Odin 3.12.7: MegaNZ

UN-RAR the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.12.7

This package contains the HOME_CSC of the Netherlands (PHN); if you want the HOME_CSC of your own country/region, download the latest firmware of your country/region and extract the HOME_CSC which you can use with the BL AP & CP of the main package!
    G935FXXU1APER (Netherlands - PHN)

0uBWOG.png
    RpKObv.png

abKopO.jpg
    CkudHY.png

This ROM is based on the latest ROM for Brazil released 02 jun 16 and made it compatible for the UN-Branded Netherlands (PHN) S7Edge.

Your data will stay intact, but it's always best to make a back-up!

What's new:
    * June security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Stability Improvements

Model SM-G935F
    Country Netherlands
    Version Android 6.0.1
    Changelist 8206888
    Build date Fri, 27 May 2016 04:39:54 +0000
    Product code PHN
    PDA G935FXXU1APER
    CSC G935FPHN1APC5
    Download for install with Odin 3.11.1: MegaNZ

UN-RAR the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.11.1

For Germany Un-branded DBT, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_DBT

For United Kingdom Un-branded BTU, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_BTU

For United Kingdom/Ireland Un-branded XEU, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_XEU

For NorDic Un-branded NEE, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_NEE

For Spain Un-branded PHE, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_PHE

For South East Europe SEE, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_SEE

For Italy Un-branded ITV, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_ITV

For Saudi Arabia KSA, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_KSA

For France Un-branded XEF, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_XEF

For Luxembourg Un-branded LUX, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_LUX
    G935FXXU1BPH6 (Netherlands - PHN)

0uBWOG.png
    RpKObv.png

3PQ82d.jpg
    C3vfDt.png

This ROM is based on the the latest ROM for Italy (ITV) released 17 aug 16, and made it compatible for the Netherlands (PHN).

Your data will stay intact, but it's possible you get "com.android.phone has stopped" -> Then a Factory Reset is needed (in Recovery)!

What's new:
    * August security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Samsung Cloud
    * Gallery-app updated (à la Note 7)
    * Stability Improvements

Model SM-G935F
    Country Netherlands
    Version Android 6.0.1
    Changelist 8888212
    Build date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 09:46:20 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2016-08-01
    Product code PHN
    PDA G935FXXU1BPH6
    CSC G935FPHN1APF1
    Download for install with Odin 3.12.3: MegaNZ

UN-RAR the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.12.3

This package contains the HOME_CSC of the Netherlands (PHN); if you want the HOME_CSC of your own country/region, download the latest firmware of your country/region and extract the HOME_CSC which you can use with the BL AP & CP of the main package!
    G935FXXU1APEK (Netherlands - PHN)

0uBWOG.png
    RpKObv.png

EazwxV.jpg
    tMDQV5.png

This ROM is based on the latest ROM for Spain released 30 may 16 and made it compatible for the UN-Branded Netherlands (PHN) S7Edge.

Your data will stay intact, but it's always best to make a back-up!

What's new:
    * June security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Stability Improvements

Model SM-G935F
    Country Netherlands
    Version Android 6.0.1
    Changelist 8040641
    Build date Tue, 24 May 2016 09:00:33 +0000
    Product code PHN
    PDA G935FXXU1APEK
    CSC G935FPHN1APC5
    Download for install with Odin 3.11.1: MegaNZ

UN-RAR the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.11.1

For Germany Un-branded DBT, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_DBT

For United Kingdom Un-branded BTU, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_BTU

For United Kingdom/Ireland Un-branded XEU, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_XEU

For NorDic Un-branded NEE, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_NEE

For Spain Un-branded PHE, replace HOME_CSC with:

HOME_CSC_PHE

For South East Europe SEE, replace HOME_CSC with:
    HOME_CSC_SEE