OFFICIAL STOCK Firmware-update (Odin) thread Samsung GALAXY S8 SM-G950F

Search This thread
Just downloaded new firmware. SM-G950F. Use SamFirm.
Model SM-G950F
Model name Galaxy S8
Country Germany (DBT) ------> OXM
Version Android 8.0.0
Changelist 14315050
Build date 11.09.2018
Security Patch Level 01.09.2018
Product code DBT
PDA: G950FXXU4CRI5
CSC: G950FOXM4CRI5

Flashed without problems. Used HOME_CSC_OXM_G950FOXM4CRI5_CL14315050_QB19732135_REV00_user_low_ship.

Last edited:

DaiC1

Just downloaded new firmware. SM-G950F. Use SamFirm.
Model SM-G950F
Model name Galaxy S8
Country Germany (DBT) ------> OXM
Version Android 8.0.0
Changelist 14315050
Build date 11.09.2018
Security Patch Level 01.09.2018
Product code DBT
PDA: G950FXXU4CRI5
CSC: G950FOXM4CRI5

Flashed without problems. Used HOME_CSC_OXM_G950FOXM4CRI5_CL14315050_QB19732135_REV00_user_low_ship.

Can anyone confirm That I can flash this on a (BTU) S8

New firmware for Samsung S8 has version number PDA G950FXXU4CRJ5 and CSC G950FOXM4CRJ3. The operating system of this firmware is Android 8.0.0 , with build date Wed, 10 Oct 2018 07:23:43 +0000. Security patch date is 2018-10-01, with changelist 14483965. Country: DBT ---> OXM
Have fun.
Just downloaded and flashed with HOME_CSC_OXM_G950FOXM4CRJ3_CL14483965_QB20056729_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 without any problems and loss of apps.

Last edited:

Lukas2686

Dec 14, 2012
I should only download home_csc to update my S8 or all the files? I have xeo and want to update it

edit: ok all :) is it safe do instal dbt to xeo?

Last edited:
I should only download home_csc to update my S8 or all the files? I have xeo and want to update it

edit: ok all :) is it safe do instal dbt to xeo?

Just download all the files and flash all the files using HOME_CSC_OXM_G950FOXM4CRJ3_CL14483965_QB20056729_R EV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5. Your phone wil have the newest firmware without any problems and loss of apps.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Jophones2018

Oct 14, 2018
Flashed my S8 with:

Version Android 8.0.0
Changelist 14315050
Build date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 02:17:24 +0000
Security Patch Level 2018-09-01
Product code BTU
PDA G950FXXU4CRI5
CSC G950FOXM4CRI5

From Samobile but my phone get telling me " Phone not allowed. If I search for network I keep getting error. For some reason and maybe a few second the phone connected once because I got the voicemail updated but if trying to call I get error. I tried to reset network and all the procvess expalined on the web but nothing. Also I get not registered on network warning.

Do I need to flash with a different version or different country to make it work?

Thanks

Flashed my S8 with:

Version Android 8.0.0
Changelist 14315050
Product code BTU
PDA G950FXXU4CRI5
CSC G950FOXM4CRI5

From Samobile but my phone get telling me " Phone not allowed. If I search for network I keep getting error. For some reason and maybe a few second the phone connected once because I got the voicemail updated but if trying to call I get error. I tried to reset network and all the procvess expalined on the web but nothing. Also I get not registered on network warning.

Do I need to flash with a different version or different country to make it work?

Thanks
First tell us what country your phone is. What program you used to flash. And what did you flash. BTU you can use if the flash is OXM. It could be you used the wrong firmware.

Jophones2018

Oct 14, 2018
First tell us what country your phone is. What program you used to flash. And what did you flash. BTU you can use if the flash is OXM. It could be you used the wrong firmware.

The phone is UK country and need to read a UK sim

I flashed with odin using Combination and after this firmware .
Version Android 8.0.0
Changelist 14315050
Product code BTU
PDA G950FXXU4CRI5
CSC G950FOXM4CRI5

Comination and firmaware were download from sammobile website.

When flashed I used the file CSC instead of Home CSC to have a proper clean up.

Do I need to flash again with a different firmware?

Can anyone help suggesting appropriate combination and firmware detail to avoid further abortive work.

Thanks

The phone is UK country and need to read a UK sim

I flashed with odin using Combination and after this firmware .
Version Android 8.0.0
Changelist 14315050
Product code BTU
PDA G950FXXU4CRI5
CSC G950FOXM4CRI5

Comination and firmaware were download from sammobile website.

When flashed I used the file CSC instead of Home CSC to have a proper clean up.

Do I need to flash again with a different firmware?

Can anyone help suggesting appropriate combination and firmware detail to avoid further abortive work.

Thanks

This package contains the HOME_CSC of OXM Multi-CSC, which include the following CSC's: ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CEL CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PCL PHE PHN PTR ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFA XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO

Yours is BTU so it must be the right firmware. May be something went wrong flashing. Your phone is unlocked?

There is newer firmware: New firmware for Samsung S8 has version number PDA G950FXXU4CRJ5 and CSC G950FOXM4CRJ3. Try to flash this one.

Last edited:

Jophones2018

Oct 14, 2018
This package contains the HOME_CSC of OXM Multi-CSC, which include the following CSC's: ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CEL CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PCL PHE PHN PTR ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFA XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO

Yours is BTU so it must be the right firmware. May be something went wrong flashing. Your phone is unlocked?

There is newer firmware: New firmware for Samsung S8 has version number PDA G950FXXU4CRJ5 and CSC G950FOXM4CRJ3. Try to flash this one.

I'm getting the doubt if the phone is locked or unlocked as was bough second hand but decided to clean up and install new firmware because battery was not lasting long.
How can I understand if the phone is unlocked and get rid of this issue before flashing the phone?

Many thanks for your help.
I really appreciate

I'm getting the doubt if the phone is locked or unlocked as was bough second hand but decided to clean up and install new firmware because battery was not lasting long.
How can I understand if the phone is unlocked and get rid of this issue before flashing the phone?

Many thanks for your help.
I really appreciate

I don't think your phone is locked. If so I can't help you. You can find it in another XDA forum, I presume.
Read the first posts of this forum. Henk explains what you need and what steps you had to take to flash new firmware. First place check if your phone is Samsung S8 SM-G950F.
Good luck.

Jophones2018

Oct 14, 2018
I don't think your phone is locked. If so I can't help you. You can find it in another XDA forum, I presume.
Read the first posts of this forum. Henk explains what you need and what steps you had to take to flash new firmware. First place check if your phone is Samsung S8 SM-G950F.
Good luck.

The phone is for sure SM-G950F . I double checked several times.

I done some research but didn`t find out how to check if the phone is locked or unlocked.

I only found out if the phone is locked should ask for a pin code but I assume this was only happening with the original firmware. Once the phone has been flashed with a BTU firmware not sure if the phone keep asking for a code.
I have now noticed the phone has got a MM warning on top right hand side and keep saying phone not allowed. What is that?

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9

I done some research but didn`t find out how to check if the phone is locked or unlocked.

I only found out if the phone is locked should ask for a pin code but I assume this was only happening with the original firmware. Once the phone has been flashed with a BTU firmware not sure if the phone keep asking for a code.
I have now noticed the phone has got a MM warning on top right hand side and keep saying phone not allowed. What is that?

Not sure if this will help but have a read this article

https://www.techbout.com/find-android-phone-unlocked-locked-22897/

Maybe this site can help you about MM warning: https://joyofandroid.com/how-to-remove-phone-not-allowed-mm6-error/

New firmware:
Model SM-G950F
Model name Galaxy S8
Country Germany DBT -----> OXM
Version Android 8.0.0
Changelist 14727133
Build date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 08:23:21 +0000
Security Patch Level 2018-11-01
Product code DBT
PDA G950FXXU4CRK1
CSC G950FOXM4CRK1

Just downloading with SamFirm.....
Flashed with: HOME_CSC_OXM_G950FOXM4CRK1_CL14727133_QB20510322_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
No problems, no apps lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: costinhas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread, You can share the Mega-Links of new firmware's (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S8 (so: NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk)...

How to flash firmware to your phone:

WARNING WARNING WARNING -> Before flashing, ACTIVATE PIN in "Secure startup" (You'll be asked for it AFTER flashing!)

nCcbKa.png
    FQoAUN.png

WARNING WARNING WARNING -> Before flashing, ACTIVATE PIN in "Secure startup" (You'll be asked for it AFTER flashing!)

hH9QtL.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.13.1
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Below a video with the "How to flash"; thanks @ISF for making this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y0ZZxcNVnE

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in msg #2
    Latest Firmware Multi-CSC OXM

This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 21 feb 18, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!
    This is official Samsung ROM, so KNOX won't be triggered!

Change CSC for i.e. use Samsung Pay

Your data will stay intact, but it's possible you get "com.android.***** has stopped" -> Then a Factory Reset is needed (in Recovery)!

What's new:
    * Android 8.0.0
    * February security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    Samsung Experience 9.0 upgrade with Android Oreo

Samsung Experience 9.0 brings you Android Oreo, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.

We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade.
    Some apps, including Samsung Pay, Samsung Internet, Samsung Notes, and Email, should be updated individually before you can update your OS.

Here’s what’s new.

Biometrics
    To improve your security, features that use biometrics (face, fingerprints, and irises) are only available when you use a secure screen lock type (pattern, PIN, or password). When you switch to a non-secure screen lock type (Swipe or None), biometric authentication is suspended for unlocking and for verification in apps like Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass. If you're using biometrics now without a secure screen lock type, you'll be able to continue after the upgrade, but changing to a secure screen lock type is recommended.

Quick Panel
    - Manage notifications for each app with notification categories (supported apps only).
    - Icons will be shown at the bottom of the notification panel for notifications that aren't currently visible.

Home Screen
    - Touch and hold an app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the app (supported apps only).
    - Notification badges on app icons are linked with the notification panel. Clear a notification in one location, and it will also be cleared in the other location.

Samsung Keyboard
    - The toolbar gives quick access to useful functions.
    - The GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs.
    - More high-contrast keyboards are available.

System Performance
    - Background services are limited to improve performance and battery life.
    - Currently running apps will always be shown in the notification panel.

Edge screen
    - Improved font size, color, and other settings for better Edge panel visibility.
    - Touch and hold the Edge panel handle to change its position.
    - Added 3 more Edge lighting effects and color customization for apps.

Lock Screen and Always On Display
    - New clock styles for the Lock screen and Always On Display.
    - Adjust the transparency of notifications to get the look you want.

Smart View
    - Let your phone's screen go dark when mirroring to another screen.

Samsung account
    - Control your account settings and profile information for multiple apps.
    - Tap your profile picture on the main Settings page to access your profile information and account settings.

Samsung Cloud
    - View and manage photos and notes stored only in Samsung Cloud.
    - Store any type of file in Samsung Cloud Drive.
    - Select specific items to delete or restore from your backups.
    - See how big each backup is and how many items it contains.

Samsung Dual Messenger
    - Install a second copy of a messaging app so you can use two accounts at the same time. For apps that verify accounts using phone numbers, you'll need a different phone number for each account.
    - Touch and hold a messaging app on the Home or Apps screen to install the second account or go to Settings - Advanced features - Dual Messenger.

Find My Mobile
    - Back up Secure Folder to Samsung Cloud remotely when your phone is lost.
    - Lock Samsung Pass using Find My Mobile.

Samsung DeX
    - See more apps at once by changing the app list view to full-screen.
    - Use Game launcher in Samsung DeX for a full-screen gaming experience.
    - Added support for 2 additional Samsung covers (LED View Cover, Clear View Standing Cover).

Other improvements
    - Bluetooth now supports high-quality audio codecs, including AAC and Sony LDAC.
    - Video player includes auto repeat and 2x speed option.
    - Voice Recorder provides smart tips to conveniently block calls while recording.
    - Email lets you flag Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails.
    - Samsung Health's new sticky notification lets you see your step count at a glance.
    - Clock now includes a Landscape mode and timer sound options.
    - The digital clock widget goes directly to the Clock app when you tap it.
    - Samsung Pass added the ability to manage usernames and passwords in third-party apps.

Model SM-G950F
    Model name Galaxy S8
    Country Multi-CSC OXM
    Version Android 8.0.0
    Changelist 12993647
    Build date Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:32:41 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2018-02-01
    Multi-CSC OXM
    PDA G950FXXU1CRB7
    CSC G950FOXM1CRAP
    Details for download with SamFirm:
    0A6GRH.png

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.13.1

HOME_CSC_OXM -> data will stay intact
    CSC_OXM -> device will be resetted (NOT included in archive for "smaller archive" due to "download limitations" MegaNZ)

G950FXXU1AQJ5 (Multi-CSC OXM)

This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 03 nov 17, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!

Change CSC for i.e. use Samsung Pay

Your data will stay intact, but it's possible you get "com.android.***** has stopped" -> Then a Factory Reset is needed (in Recovery)!

What's new:
    * Android 7.0
    * October security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Stability Improvements
    · Applied monthly Google security patches (Oct)
    · The stability of DeX mode has been improved.
    · The stability of Launcher has been improved.

Model SM-G950F
    Model name Galaxy S8
    Country Multi-CSC OXM
    Version Android 7.0
    Changelist 12401979
    Build date Wed, 26 Oct 2017 18:22:57 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2017-10-01
    Multi-CSC OXM
    PDA G950FXXU1AQJ5
    CSC G950FOXM1AQJ5
    Details for download with SamFirm:
    mFQAcQ.png

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.12.7

CSC_OXM -> device will be resetted (NOT included in archive for "smaller archive" due to "download limitations" MegaNZ)

New Odin available:

Hey, we've got new Odin (3.13.1)!
    Now it can flash compressed binaries in newer FWs.....

Source: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75703449&postcount=276
    G950FXXU1AQEB (Multi-CSC OXM)

nCcbKa.png
    FQoAUN.png

This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 29 may 17, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!

Note: after install of this ROM, you will receive OTA-updates!

What's new:
    * Android 7.0
    * May security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Stability Improvements
    * Camera Firmware updated

Model SM-G950F
    Model name Galaxy S8
    Country Netherlands
    Version Android 7.0
    Changelist 11341572
    Build date Fri, 19 May 2017 12:57:56 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2017-05-01
    Multi-CSC OXM
    PDA G950FXXU1AQEB
    CSC G950FOXM1AQEB
    Download for install with Odin 3.12.3: MegaNZ

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.12.3

CSC_OXM -> device will be resetted

This package contains the HOME_CSC of OXM Multi-CSC, which include the following CSC's: ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO