• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project 3.3.1 For Zuk Z2 Pro

Search This thread

paced_purveyor

Jul 19, 2019
Hi, this might have been asked before, but will this recovery work if I want to flash RR Pie (here)? It says it's factory as vendor, but I don't know if that means mounted or renamed.

To be clear, I currently have Red Wolf as my recovery, which apparently will not work with the RR Pie ROM. If the official TWRP works, can I just flash it from within Red Wolf? Or do I need to flash it using ADB?

Micky99

Jan 16, 2015
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi A2
Hi, this might have been asked before, but will this recovery work if I want to flash RR Pie (here)? It says it's factory as vendor, but I don't know if that means mounted or renamed.

To be clear, I currently have Red Wolf as my recovery, which apparently will not work with the RR Pie ROM. If the official TWRP works, can I just flash it from within Red Wolf? Or do I need to flash it using ADB?

This recovery is fully compatible with RR-P by AugustinDev, "factory as vendor" stands for "/factory partition mounted as /vendor partition, without renaming anything" AFAIK.
RedWolf can't support RR-P because it searches for a /vendor partition instead of the /factory one , you can flash latest TWRP by RedWolf.
Have a nice day ;)

God_Lx

Feb 27, 2008
Lisbon
Sorry to bother but having in mind that in 3.3.1-0 we can't acess the phone neither by ADB Sideload/Push or mount what do you guys suggest to get some ROM/IMG there ? ATM I got exactly only the TWRP on the phone and no roms there...

zoriojh

Jul 11, 2017
Problem installing/starting twrp

HI, I encounter a problem I've never seen described anywhere before.
It seems I can flash twrp, but when I boot in recovery, it's not twrp that appears (probably Zuk's recovery as it's both simple and in chinese -with possibility to switch to english- by default).

History of actions :
- flash ZUI 1.9 with QFIL
- upgraded the distro with built-in system update until there's no update left (1.9 -> 2.1 ->2.5 -> 3.1 -> 3.5 -> 4.0)
- unlocked the bootloader with setting it in the developpers option, then using fastboot (fastboot oem unlock-go)
so fas so good
- then flashed twrp 3.4 (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img). Seems to work ok
Code:
Sending 'recovery' (24757 KB)                      OKAY [  1.088s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 OKAY [  0.186s]
- reboot
- select recovery at startup. And a recovery appears, but visibly, it's not twrp.

Any idea ?
BTW, I tried with twrp 3.3.1-0, but no change.
Thanks in advance.

zoriojh

Jul 11, 2017
Im first time see somebody unlock with this command.
You need to flash your unlock_bootloader.img file, maybe here is your problem
Flashing the bootloader downloaded from Lenovo/Zuk is the "old" method.
Since ZUI 3.5, developpers options allow you to unlock bootloader (and then commit this with fastboot, as I wrote on my previous message).
It seems to be due to Lenovo/Zuk web site not existing anymore...

zoriojh

Jul 11, 2017
HI, I encounter a problem I've never seen described anywhere before.
It seems I can flash twrp, but when I boot in recovery, it's not twrp that appears (probably Zuk's recovery as it's both simple and in chinese -with possibility to switch to english- by default).

History of actions :
- flash ZUI 1.9 with QFIL
- upgraded the distro with built-in system update until there's no update left (1.9 -> 2.1 ->2.5 -> 3.1 -> 3.5 -> 4.0)
- unlocked the bootloader with setting it in the developpers option, then using fastboot (fastboot oem unlock-go)
so fas so good
- then flashed twrp 3.4 (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img). Seems to work ok
Code:
Sending 'recovery' (24757 KB)                      OKAY [  1.088s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 OKAY [  0.186s]
- reboot
- select recovery at startup. And a recovery appears, but visibly, it's not twrp.

Any idea ?
BTW, I tried with twrp 3.3.1-0, but no change.
Thanks in advance.
SOLVED (for now)!
I tried an older twrp (3.2.1-1) and it worked!

Now this makes me worry about compatibility between twrp version and installed ROMs.
It *seems* both twrp 3.3.1-0 and 3.4.0-0 are not compatible with ZUI 4.0.

What behavior can I expect when installing a recent ROM (BTW, which one ? Recommendations are welcome)?
Do I have to flash a new ROM then a new twrp, or is my current twrp (3.2.1-1) compatible with any recent ROM?

Advices please...

Thanks.

ZUKler

Sep 14, 2019
SOLVED (for now)!
I tried an older twrp (3.2.1-1) and it worked!

Now this makes me worry about compatibility between twrp version and installed ROMs.
It *seems* both twrp 3.3.1-0 and 3.4.0-0 are not compatible with ZUI 4.0.

What behavior can I expect when installing a recent ROM (BTW, which one ? Recommendations are welcome)?
Do I have to flash a new ROM then a new twrp, or is my current twrp (3.2.1-1) compatible with any recent ROM?

Advices please...

Thanks.

For me it works with any recent ROM. Newer twrp versions above 3.2.1. don't work on my ZUK Z2 Pro, too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Disclaimer
    Code:
    /**
    *  What you do with your device is your choice.
    *  None of the developers of this software will be held accountable for any damages to your device or to third parties.
    *  You should know this by now.
    **/

What's this?

This is TeamWin Recovery Project for ZUK Z2 Pro (z2_row).

This is an official recovery support thread.

Known Issues
    • MTP broken in 3.3.0 and newer builds because of a TWRP issue with 4.4 kernel (you can still use adb push and adb sideload)

Requirements
    • Unlocked bootloader
    • Common sense and a Z2 Pro :p

Downloads, changelogs, installation info
    All of this info can be found at the official info page.
    If you use fastboot to install TWRP, you may have to specify a vendor ID in the commandline, like so:
    Code:
    fastboot [B]-i 0x2b4c[/B] flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot [B]-i 0x2b4c[/B] reboot

Thanks
    @varotone for the initial z2_plus TWRP device tree (and also for the thread template :p)
    @kubersharma for some commits in the device tree
    cosmedd for his work on the TWRP tree for z2_row

Frequently Asked Questions

Is this recovery compatible with both treble and non-treble ROMs?
    Yes, this recovery is compatible with both non-treble and treble ROMs mounting /factory as vendor (the most updated ones are doing so), while it isn't compatible with the ROMs renaming /factory as /vendor. If the ROM you're using is still using /vendor instead of mounting /factory as vendor, report this to the maintainer and tell them to update.
    TWRP 3.3.1 out now :)
    Sorry for the inconveniences, but it wasn't a mistake I made as it was a problem with builds compilation on Jenkins and a bad configuration of automatic builds for the device.
    Enjoy
    TWRP 3.3.0 just got released :)

Encryption was fixed, although mtp is broken because of 4.4 kernel (which is a must for encryption)
    Instead of mtp you can just use adb push to push files to the internal memory, or either adb sideload <package path> to flash them directly without transferring to the internal storage (works only after having enabled adb sideload in the advanced TWRP tab)

Download link in the first post ;)
    I'am using TWRP 3.2.3 since weeks without problems. Is this another version? Why should I use this one?
    As first because this has the factory mounted as vendor support instead of factory renamed as vendor. If you're already using a build with this support and you downloaded it recently it means that the build is the exact same as this one. I created a thread so that things can get out of Telegram only and also because soon it'll become official (the old one is deprecated pretty much)
    Thread updated with the official tag and a new official build on the TWRP.me website. Enjoy :)