• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[OFFICIAL] [Ten] Lineage 17.1

Search This thread

Incognito777

Oct 5, 2015
Unfortunately, i cant find lineage 16.0 anywhere, but i see there are people on reddit forums who were able to update their phones to 17.1 though twrp, so i'm thinking my issue is beyond that. I tried going back to twrp by installing it over adb(enabling adp though the lineage recovery, sending the command to go to fastboot, and then "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-0-z2_plus.img", but it just says "waiting for devices". Prior to that i can see the device if i type "adb devices" in recovery mode)

I feel like the more i mess around with it, the worse i am. I'm struggling to get TWRP back on it now. Atleast from TWRP i could have probably placed a different rom on it.
Have you tried booting into fastboot??? And then checking on fastboot devices??

Incognito777

Oct 5, 2015
in fastboot, i no longer have ADB access to the phone.
What I meant is to reboot your phone into bootloader, do not use the adb commands to boot into bootloader, that's what I meant, secondly I am hoping that all your drivers have been installed properly, as I have been in the same situation as you are:)

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

What I meant is to reboot your phone into bootloader, do not use the adb commands to boot into bootloader, that's what I meant, secondly I am hoping that all your drivers have been installed properly, as I have been in the same situation as you are:)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

Once you have booted your phone into the bootloader then connect your phone to your PC and type fastboot device, pls run commands as, 'run administrator'.

scott86

Jan 8, 2015

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

Once you have booted your phone into the bootloader then connect your phone to your PC and type fastboot device, pls run commands as, 'run administrator'.

Just tried it again, after installing the adb setup 1.4.3, and booting directly into fastbook. With the cmd screen opened, running as admin(typing cmd into search, right clicking "run as administer"), i still get the same issue. Not visible when i list adb devices.

Incognito777

Oct 5, 2015
Just tried it again, after installing the adb setup 1.4.3, and booting directly into fastbook. With the cmd screen opened, running as admin(typing cmd into search, right clicking "run as administer"), i still get the same issue. Not visible when i list adb devices.
Are your USB drivers up to date?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Please search for VCOM USB Drivers, Google drivers.

scott86

Jan 8, 2015
Are your USB drivers up to date?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Please search for VCOM USB Drivers, Google drivers.

That could be it. I just threw all the drivers i could from searching for ZUK z2 adb drivers(ZUK_UsbDriver_1.0.5, minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.2_setup, Qualcomm_USB_Driver_v1.0, adb-setup-1.4.3, usb_driver_r13-windows) but i still have this in my device manager.

scott86

Jan 8, 2015

Yeah, i just cant seem to get it to install. I point the device manager directly to the google ADB folder(and i tried Universal_Naked_Driver_0.73) but windows tells me it "could not find the right drivers for your device"
edit- to be clear, this is happening all while its in the fastboot screen. When its in the lineage recovery screen with ADB access, it still reads it fine. But thats not of any use since i cant flash twrp to it through the lineage recovery, right?

edit- I thought this had to be an issue with my PC, so i dragged out an older laptop(running a fresh install of windows 10 pro, literally clean and void of any extra junk) and installed the ADB setup 1.4.3 and had the other drivers ready to install when i saw the android thing pop up in device manager once its in fastboot. EXACT same results... Visible and able to accept commands in lineage fastboot, invisible in fastboot. I'm guessing the things just messed up beyond salvage. Are there steps somewhere to recover a phone thats inaccessible through fastboot? Or is it at the point where its better to just walk away?

Last edited:

Incognito777

Oct 5, 2015
Yeah, i just cant seem to get it to install. I point the device manager directly to the google ADB folder(and i tried Universal_Naked_Driver_0.73) but windows tells me it "could not find the right drivers for your device"
edit- to be clear, this is happening all while its in the fastboot screen. When its in the lineage recovery screen with ADB access, it still reads it fine. But thats not of any use since i cant flash twrp to it through the lineage recovery, right?

edit- I thought this had to be an issue with my PC, so i dragged out an older laptop(running a fresh install of windows 10 pro, literally clean and void of any extra junk) and installed the ADB setup 1.4.3 and had the other drivers ready to install when i saw the android thing pop up in device manager once its in fastboot. EXACT same results... Visible and able to accept commands in lineage fastboot, invisible in fastboot. I'm guessing the things just messed up beyond salvage. Are there steps somewhere to recover a phone thats inaccessible through fastboot? Or is it at the point where its better to just walk away?
Unfortunately the only way out is adb and fastboot, I too struggled mate before I could get it right, installing drivers is a hassle, but don't give up,
Here a video,

Incognito777

Oct 5, 2015
Here's what you can do is to boot into bootloader with you phone connected to your pc, open device manager, check the list of drivers you should see Android and next to it a yellow triangle, highlight it, then move to the Action tab, add legacy hardware, next, Install hardware (Advanced), next from there choose your driver and install fastboot driver, this should install fastboot driver.

Incognito777

Oct 5, 2015
Here's what it should look like.

Attachments

• IMG_20201006_151151.jpg
    IMG_20201006_151151.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 36

scott86

Jan 8, 2015

Finally got it. Thanks for your help incognito777. TWRP is back in, and trying to flash lineage-17.1-20200924-recovery-z2_plus.img is back to giving me an error: 7 which isnt great, but atleast now i have other roms to try since TWRP allows more options.
Do you have a suggestion for something that is stable and gives good battery life? I mostly just want to set this thing up as a reliable backup. Once i have everything set up, software wise, i'll swap in a new battery and hopefully have something i can lean on incase my current phone keeps giving me issues.

edit- after digging around a bit, i think my bootloader might be out of date. I remember re-flashing my phone with an official update to get a treble bootloader years ago. Was there another new implementation since then, that would require me to go back to the official zuk rom? I also wiped the system and user data on my phone, so i shouldnt be running into this error 7 issue from trying to migrate from an older build, since there is no lineage build(or any OS) on my phone at all now.
I tried sideloading it through ADB from my PC, and it results in the same error 7 thing.

Heres my attempts at installing, same error as usual.
M568wmr.jpg

Last edited:

Incognito777

Oct 5, 2015
Finally got it. Thanks for your help incognito777. TWRP is back in, and trying to flash lineage-17.1-20200924-recovery-z2_plus.img is back to giving me an error: 7 which isnt great, but atleast now i have other roms to try since TWRP allows more options.
Do you have a suggestion for something that is stable and gives good battery life? I mostly just want to set this thing up as a reliable backup. Once i have everything set up, software wise, i'll swap in a new battery and hopefully have something i can lean on incase my current phone keeps giving me issues.

edit- after digging around a bit, i think my bootloader might be out of date. I remember re-flashing my phone with an official update to get a treble bootloader years ago. Was there another new implementation since then, that would require me to go back to the official zuk rom? I also wiped the system and user data on my phone, so i shouldnt be running into this error 7 issue from trying to migrate from an older build, since there is no lineage build(or any OS) on my phone at all now.
I tried sideloading it through ADB from my PC, and it results in the same error 7 thing.

Heres my attempts at installing, same error as usual.
Glad you managed to connect your phone and drivers, have you flashed vendor2factory or Factory2vendor??? Matey I had done all this years ago with a struggle too and have forgotten, search for those files(Vendor2factory) these are Treble Roms, also depends on the version of TWRP for certain Roms, pls do search for Zui version for Zuk2 plus, to flash Zui version one must flash using QPST, you may google search, by telling you all this I am no expert. I am using 17.1 lineage as mention install 16.0 then sideload 17.1 I am using MicoG not GAPPS, I have degoogled my phone. So things are different for me.

scott86

Jan 8, 2015
Glad you managed to connect your phone and drivers, have you flashed vendor2factory or Factory2vendor??? Matey I had done all this years ago with a struggle too and have forgotten, search for those files(Vendor2factory) these are Treble Roms, also depends on the version of TWRP for certain Roms, pls do search for Zui version for Zuk2 plus, to flash Zui version one must flash using QPST, you may google search, by telling you all this I am no expert. I am using 17.1 lineage as mention install 16.0 then sideload 17.1 I am using MicoG not GAPPS, I have degoogled my phone. So things are different for me.

I tried putting on AospExtended ROM V7.0 and i get the same error 7 thing, about the vendor image. I'm guessing this has to do with the vendor/factory partition getting renamed for treble stuff, but having tried to flash both the vendor2factory_z2_plus or factory2vendor_z2_plus both nets me the same error(and iv done them in practically every combination possible, with TWRP 3.4.0 and 3.2.2...). I remember doing that flash to the official rom a long time ago for treble too, so i figured that was already sorted out.
I also cant find the official zui rom anywhere(lots of google drive links that are empty now), nor the lineage 16 rom. But tbh i'm doubtful that would solve it either since i dont think its an actual issue with the roms, so much as my messed up vendor/factory partition.

Incognito777

Oct 5, 2015
I tried putting on AospExtended ROM V7.0 and i get the same error 7 thing, about the vendor image. I'm guessing this has to do with the vendor/factory partition getting renamed for treble stuff, but having tried to flash both the vendor2factory_z2_plus or factory2vendor_z2_plus both nets me the same error(and iv done them in practically every combination possible, with TWRP 3.4.0 and 3.2.2...). I remember doing that flash to the official rom a long time ago for treble too, so i figured that was already sorted out.
I also cant find the official zui rom anywhere(lots of google drive links that are empty now), nor the lineage 16 rom. But tbh i'm doubtful that would solve it either since i dont think its an actual issue with the roms, so much as my messed up vendor/factory partition.
Oh! Man you seem to running into to many road blocks, hope you are down loading the right files for Zuk2plus, here my gdrive link, yet with these.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=17fprxtmmBOF-oqEBphrUxLaq84_Kjzm4

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/development/lineageos-16-0-t3907327

Last edited:

Neyzik

Sep 25, 2015

Bro, you should flash ZUI again with QPST. Start fresh then proced with bootloader unlock and install lastest TWRP , forget about v2f or f2v this is the easyest way to fix this mess.

Heres a valid link to download zui 4.0.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1CxAa8B77Ert7pdIQMqv5hS2HHz_aLjEJ&export=download

Good luck.

Last edited:

scott86

Jan 8, 2015
Bro, you should flash ZUI again with QPST. Start fresh then proced with bootloader unlock and install lastest TWRP , forget about v2f or f2v this is the easyest way to fix this mess.

Heres a valid link to download zui 4.0.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1CxAa8B77Ert7pdIQMqv5hS2HHz_aLjEJ&export=download

Good luck.

Yeah, i'll give that a try... Dumb question, but once i flash the stock ZUI rom with QPST, do i need to re-unlock my bootloader? Cause i'm not sure how i would go about getting the unlock file again. I know they emailed it to me a LOOONG time ago but it was also deleted long ago. If it'll still be unlocked, then id just need to enable developer mode from the system menu, turn on USB debugging, ADB command boot into fastboot, flash TWRP, drag the newest lineage rom over, and install from the TWRP recovery page.... right?(and after that, add magisk, etc... )

Neyzik

Sep 25, 2015
Yeah, i'll give that a try... Dumb question, but once i flash the stock ZUI rom with QPST, do i need to re-unlock my bootloader? Cause i'm not sure how i would go about getting the unlock file again. I know they emailed it to me a LOOONG time ago but it was also deleted long ago. If it'll still be unlocked, then id just need to enable developer mode from the system menu, turn on USB debugging, ADB command boot into fastboot, flash TWRP, drag the newest lineage rom over, and install from the TWRP recovery page.... right?(and after that, add magisk, etc... )
You don't need to re-Lock the bootloader, the process of flashing stock rom with QFIL will lock the bootloader automatically. To unlock it's pretty simple, just enable dev options and check "unlock oem" then proced with adb unlock command. After that you are good to go, just flash latest TWRP and choose you're favorite custom rom.

Incognito777

Oct 5, 2015
You don't need to re-Lock the bootloader, the process of flashing stock rom with QFIL will lock the bootloader automatically. To unlock it's pretty simple, just enable dev options and check "unlock oem" then proced with adb unlock command. After that you are good to go, just flash latest TWRP and choose you're favorite custom rom.
Thanks for helping out :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Bugs :
    • You tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Notes :
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed or weird magisk modules
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for z2_plus, ROM for the Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)

Contributors
    DD3Boh, Kubersharma, dmd79
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 3.5 bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-01-14
    Last Updated 2020-04-02
    Reserved

Unofficial builds deleted on April 2nd 2020
    Hey guys, despite me being inactive (as usual) with unofficial builds releases, lineage-17.1 official builds are finally here :D

If you want to dirty flash from 17.1 unofficial builds, that can be done migrating keys with a guide located here

Dirty flash from lineage-16.0 is supported but of course needs gapps to be reflashed.

All useful links are in the first post as usual, enjoy and stay safe!
    Huge thanks to the developer, very exciting to have Android 10 up and running on my device, with encryption in place! :)

PS: I couldn't get the beta version of Open GApps to flash in TWRP - It complained about a missing file in the ROM - I didn't make a note of what it said but I tried BitGApps instead and that worked fine: https://bitgapps.cf/arm64/Q/

The 20200115 gapps beta build was the problem. The next beta gapps should have it fixed.