[OFFICIAL] [Ten] Lineage 17.1

Search This thread

linuxnoobbbb

Feb 25, 2012
I find it weird that although com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher doesn't seem to have above three permissions (STATUS_BAR, PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS and MANAGE_ACTIVITY_STACKS) in /data/system/packages.xml, it can still work - meanwhile, com.android.launcher3 can't.
It seems that the Pixel Launcher actually has those permissions, through something placed at /system/system/etc/permissions and/or /system/system/etc/default-permissions. I've tried to put new xml files at /system/system/etc/permissions and /system/system/etc/default-permissions, however, it didn't work. So far, the only working way to fix this problem for me, is to edit /data/system/packages.xml directly.

Last edited:

bonilobo62

Nov 9, 2009
estepona- Malaga
Can someone give a full review of this rom. That would be really helpful for everyone who wants to install it.
Thanks

https://youtu.be/O_1I2gtgKRE

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

I do not recommend installation with the recovery Los, because I format my memory
can be installed with the n twrp
[emoji16]

Enviado desde mi Lenovo L78051 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Eden blizzard

Eden blizzard

Nov 12, 2013

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

I do not recommend installation with the recovery Los, because I format my memory
can be installed with the n twrp
[emoji16]

Enviado desde mi Lenovo L78051 mediante Tapatalk
What do you mean! is los official recovery giving you some kind of error?
And video didn't helped much what about performance and battery life is it as good as Lineage 16?

!error!

Jan 1, 2018
What do you mean! is los official recovery giving you some kind of error?
And video didn't helped much what about performance and battery life is it as good as Lineage 16?
Well everything is there. The rom is smooth. But there are some major bugs that I'm experiencing.
1. Gcam- well I've already tried around 5 different versions of gcam 7 but none is working at it's full capacity. While using gcam my phone force rebooted 3 times.

2.Trebuchet- it's crashing. I dont like pixel launcher but I've to use it.

3. Current temps are too hot.

On top of this i really miss the AppLock feature of the Lineageos 16.

Eden blizzard

Nov 12, 2013
Well everything is there. The rom is smooth. But there are some major bugs that I'm experiencing.
1. Gcam- well I've already tried around 5 different versions of gcam 7 but none is working at it's full capacity. While using gcam my phone force rebooted 3 times.

2.Trebuchet- it's crashing. I dont like pixel launcher but I've to use it.

3. Current temps are too hot.

On top of this i really miss the AppLock feature of the Lineageos 16.
Thanks for the review man. I'll wait for few more updates then. Hope rom becomes rock solid like lineage 16.

!error!

Jan 1, 2018
Impressed by the battery backup. Got more sot than the lineage 16.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200406-103216_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200406-103216_Settings.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 455
  • Screenshot_20200406-103226_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200406-103226_Settings.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 453

louster35

Aug 28, 2012
Hello. I followed the instructions on the lineage os website and after I adbsideload the lineage os zip succesfully. I go to reboot to system from recovery and it tells me there is no OS installed. It then boots into a blue screen. I was previously on jaguar 8.1 Rom. Am I missing something? Thank you

louster35

Aug 28, 2012
Did you flash Flash factory2vendor.zip before installing JaguarOS? if yes then you'll have to Flash Vendor2factory zip as mentioned in the post.

The official LineageOS instruction would not include this information as the presumption is your coming from stock ZUI to LineageOS.

I've never flashed factory2vendor. Jaguar was a non treble rom (for security reasons according to the dev). So if I'm understanding correctly that's not why the installation isn't working.

I'm reading on the OP that "ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 3.5 bootloader"
Is it possible that that is what's causing the issue? I had changed to a custom rom when I first bought the Zuk Z2. I'm not so sure I understand this requirement tbh. Does it mean I have to have upgraded the original zuk rom to at least version 3.5 before flashing Lineage?

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Voghera
I've never flashed factory2vendor. Jaguar was a non treble rom (for security reasons according to the dev). So if I'm understanding correctly that's not why the installation isn't working.

I'm reading on the OP that "ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 3.5 bootloader"
Is it possible that that is what's causing the issue? I had changed to a custom rom when I first bought the Zuk Z2. I'm not so sure I understand this requirement tbh. Does it mean I have to have upgraded the original zuk rom to at least version 3.5 before flashing Lineage?
Yes, that's 100% the issue you're facing since you need to use ZUI 3.5 or 4.0 bootloader to boot the 4.4 kernel.
You just need to flash that via qfil and then flash the recovery and the ROM again

louster35

Aug 28, 2012
Yes, that's 100% the issue you're facing since you need to use ZUI 3.5 or 4.0 bootloader to boot the 4.4 kernel.
You just need to flash that via qfil and then flash the recovery and the ROM again

Thank you for the response DD3Boh and for your hard work on development all these years. I'm trying to figure out where to find official ZUI 3.5 or 4.0 and I've become very confused at this point. Does it matter if I install an Indian or a Chinese version? Is QPST the same as QFIL? I get the impression that the ZUI roms I'm finding have been modded and perhaps they aren't what I should be flashing. I don't want to brick my phone during quarantine because it would be difficult to find another one right now so I want ensure I get this right. If you could provide a link to the proper files I should be using I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Also, is there any difference if I use 3.5 or 4.0 ? Is there any reason to prefer one over the other? Perhaps your testing has been done on one of them specifically and is less likely to have bugs?

Last edited:

louster35

Aug 28, 2012
I found 2 separate ZUI 3.5 QPST files I followed this guide on flashing stock roms : ( Edit: deleted link because it was a guide for Zuk Z2 Pro, not the Plus. )
but to no avail. There is no content.xml file in either of the zip files. ( Edit: the content.xml file was from the Zuk Z2 Pro guide and doesn't exist in the Zuk Z2 Plus roms). Now I'm downloading ZUI 2.5 QPST from the above guide and I'm hoping I can OTA update to 3.5 from within the ZUI 2.5. The guides are all over the place probably because of various software changes that have occurred over time. I have 40 tabs open trying to figure this puzzle out lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Bugs :
    • You tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Notes :
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed or weird magisk modules
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for z2_plus, ROM for the Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)

Contributors
    DD3Boh, Kubersharma, dmd79
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 3.5 bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-01-14
    Last Updated 2020-04-02
    Reserved

Unofficial builds deleted on April 2nd 2020
    Hey guys, despite me being inactive (as usual) with unofficial builds releases, lineage-17.1 official builds are finally here :D

If you want to dirty flash from 17.1 unofficial builds, that can be done migrating keys with a guide located here

Dirty flash from lineage-16.0 is supported but of course needs gapps to be reflashed.

All useful links are in the first post as usual, enjoy and stay safe!
    Huge thanks to the developer, very exciting to have Android 10 up and running on my device, with encryption in place! :)

PS: I couldn't get the beta version of Open GApps to flash in TWRP - It complained about a missing file in the ROM - I didn't make a note of what it said but I tried BitGApps instead and that worked fine: https://bitgapps.cf/arm64/Q/

The 20200115 gapps beta build was the problem. The next beta gapps should have it fixed.