$$ OFFICIAL TWEAKED ROM by Dwitherell HAS BEEN RELEASED $$

Search This thread

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
Im confused tho...is there 3 versions or 2? It seems like theres 2 P's and a P plus? Sweet phone tho. Ohh and the f2.2 aperture is that for the Plus also?

I think you got it right. There are 2 versions of the P9 (32GB and 64GB; both with 5.2 inch screen) an the P9 Plus with the 5.5 inch screen. What was a no show was the P9 Max with a bigger than 6 inch screen. If the Max was was available with the leica camera I might have gone for it...
If that doesn't happen in the not too distant futures I will probably wait on the Note 6.

EDIT: Oh yes, will have to also check for compatibility with US network...

Last edited:

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
N3 has been my favorite phone out of all the Notes. Honestly comparing it to the N5 id really have to think about it. I love the true black color, bezel size, home button and there is no Note from 1 to 5 that can top the battery on the N3. I used to get a full 24hrs with 10hrs screen time, the best i ever got out of my note 5 is around 20hrs and 7 screen. My son uses it and i offered him my edge or a N4 when i picked up my 5 and he declined.
I put the original battery back in this morning. Makes me feel better about the note 5 using twice as much battery to do everything. Now the note 5 sips power while the note 3 is gulping it down again!

sshafranko

Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
So the G5 has a locked bootloader. It may be old news but i just read up on it today. So what that means to me is i would bet most of my money that TMO is calling for the locked loaders not the manufacturers. I wasnt sure in the begining but after seeing international S7 versions being unlocked i leaned towards TMO then i saw a bunch of people saying it was Sammy so i was a little confused...im pretty sure its TMO which pisses me off because that was 1 of the main reasons i came from Verizon.

Anyone know if i purchase an international Note 6 and use it on TMO assuming its the same as S7 and they're unlocked, will i still have wifi calling, volte, basically those carrier features?

Reactions: 954wrecker

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
So the G5 has a locked bootloader. It may be old news but i just read up on it today. So what that means to me is i would bet most of my money that TMO is calling for the locked loaders not the manufacturers. I wasnt sure in the begining but after seeing international S7 versions being unlocked i leaned towards TMO then i saw a bunch of people saying it was Sammy so i was a little confused...im pretty sure its TMO which pisses me off because that was 1 of the main reasons i came from Verizon.

Anyone know if i purchase an international Note 6 and use it on TMO assuming its the same as S7 and they're unlocked, will i still have wifi calling, volte, basically those carrier features?
When I got my lgv10 a while back before I got the note 5, it had a locked bootloader. But it was very simple to unlock it through adb.
If you did end up getting the exynos version of note 6 or s7edge for that matter, yes the bootloader is unlocked on those devices but nope, no WiFi calling and volte is what I've heard. [emoji37]

sent from the sm-g935t unrootd.

Reactions: sshafranko

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac

Actually it is not locked!

http://www.xda-developers.com/lg-g5-on-t-mobile-bears-unlockable-bootloader-afterall/

sshafranko

Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
When I got my lgv10 a while back before I got the note 5, it had a locked bootloader. But it was very simple to unlock it through adb.
If you did end up getting the exynos version of note 6 or s7edge for that matter, yes the bootloader is unlocked on those devices but nope, no WiFi calling and volte is what I've heard. [emoji37]

sent from the sm-g935t unrootd.
Yea Fastboot Oem Unlock and LG's Flashtool are pretty simple to use. But isnt wifi calling native in marshmallow or is that N? I know Multiwindows is going to be native in N...

sshafranko

Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Hey guys i picked up the S7, black, standard for my wife last night and i just realized something...this is the first phone i ever owned thats completely locked!! Bro7ght me back to my first ever smart phone Droid Charge which i had rooted within a few weeks running Tweaked.. Gotta be honest i dont like the feeling. I can live with it because its for her, but if that was my note 6 i dont think i could do it. She's ok with it because of the theme store thats really the only reason i used to root all her phones aside for a couple mods she liked like moving the clock to the center, running cm 13 on her S5, so she'll be ok but me...i dont think so...

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
Yeah always liked the Sony phones but I've never seen them at my carriers. They're chunky, sure, but a thin bezel version like that one looks nice. I'm actually enjoying not having to manipulate the way I hold the phone so much just to use it with one hand. 5.5 is my sweet spot.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

dirtybudha

Jan 12, 2011
Dallas
www.paulstrength.com
BIGGER IS BETTER!!!
Ha ha! I like 5.7" but could go to 6".
That's why i like variety.

Yeah always liked the Sony phones but I've never seen them at my carriers. They're chunky, sure, but a thin bezel version like that one looks nice. I'm actually enjoying not having to manipulate the way I hold the phone so much just to use it with one hand. 5.5 is my sweet spot.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N920T using XDA-Developers mobile app

sshafranko

Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Man im really worried...theres a bunch of threads where guys bought the internatuinal s7F and are trying to get wifi calling and volte working. Nothing so far but you never know. If you use an S7F and put a tmo sim in it everything works even all the bands, except for wifi calling and volte. If your not worried about those 2 your good to go...

sshafranko

Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Reactions: dirtybudha

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
Thats sik. The Htc 10 looks awesome for someone whos interested in an S7. Usb C, boom sound dual speakers, front cam IOS, same resolution as S7, 5.2 screen, SD 820, all aluminum body, probably unlockable and rootable too...really nice

I don't know if it's me but it often seems like I'm waiting for the latest and the greatest and then it turns out to not be so great and it's always late! lol

Reactions: dirtybudha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Howdy all -

SystemUI is now done (outside of navbar - as I said before, I'm skipping that for now). Man that took a bit.

While there are still one or two little things to do beyond this, the last big hurdle deals with multiwindow things. There have been a number of changes with things here so it will likely take a little to wrap my head around it - but once its done (along with the few little things), I will start up on the packaging side of things.

Just might get this done before the next T-Mobile update lol :)
    Thought this might be a good idea so we have a place to voice suggestions, ideas, experiences on previous builds, etc. in anticipation of the N3 version Tweaked release. It should also keep the other Tweaked threads free of N3 chatter as it should be.

Edit-Anticipation is over. See Dwitherell's post below and the link to download Tweaked Alpha....Happy Flashing!

Dwitherell
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=47583797

$$ EDIT:$$ OFFICIAL TWEAKED ROM FOR JB 4.3 HAS BEEN RELEASED AND CAN BE FOUND AT THE LINK BELOW or in TMobile Note 3 Android Development forum. Now go get yourself a taste of Perfection by Dwitherell...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48896248

$$$ EDIT $$$ May 5, 2014...TWEAKED KK 4.4.2 ALPHA BUILD RELEASED.
    Set your thumb print on the link below, fill out the empty boxes and link to download will be in blue letters on top of the page. Please thank Dwitherell on his posts and donate if you feel the need. Enjoy

Connection details - freenode Web IRC
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#tweaked

KRYON Themes for TWEAKED by Wally3614 located at the thread link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=52320854
    Not so many posts here of late. Is this the quiet before the storm?

lol - well I dunno about that. I did manage to get some toggle stuff worked out to where I'm happy with it - I'd say that puts things to about 75% now. I'll probably throw a new link once I get the majority of the systemui stuff done :)
    Hey everyone -

So I've had a chance to take a very brief peek at how things have changed under the hood... the changes (as benign or trivial as they might or might not be) are numerous, so it will take some time to get back to where I was on the new base. I'm going to try my hardest to be relentless on this to get back to where I was on the original 4.4.2 base, but it takes time. Once I do (and maybe have made a step or two beyond where I was at) - I'll get a thread together for folks. I really like the IRC thing as it's far easier to work through things in a more real-time communication format, but I get it's not for everyone.

Here's hoping I'll have something soon - I'm gunna set the bar unrealistically high and say the goal is before June... please note that I said "unrealistically"...
    Ok... so there was an official update... this will likely set me back a day or two getting everything in to the new base (hoping that most places I played around in will be minimally changed) but once I do I'll get a "new" alpha together for folks. I didn't quite finish SystemUI but I did manage to get through some of the "trickier" things, with tricky being defined as "relating to areas where things changed between 4.3 and 4.4.2" - there are still a few of those left but might as well rebase now before moving along too much farther.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone