[OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.0.3-0 Recovery for Redmi 4 Prime

Search This thread

Bajramo

Feb 5, 2017
Can I backup all the partitions (EFS, boot, modem, system....) with this version of TWRP 3.0.2-0 Recovery for Redmi 4 Prime?

I need compete backup for my Redmi 4 Prime so I can restore my IMEI, modem and bootloader if I need to.
Thanks.

naifdamudi

Jan 18, 2012
Abu Dhabi
I had issue with restoring my backup in older twrp 3.0.2.0, phone was lock with different pattern than what i set.

Hopefully my backup is good and this version will recovery phone to my previous state without random locks.

Can explain different between this version and earlier 3.0.2-0 cofface version? i read here that very thing works in this version, but if you could please elaborate.

Thank you for your work. I would love to see more development in Redmi 4 prime.
can you

brenyoka

Sep 12, 2015
TWRP 3.1 is rolling out now. Would that be necessary for our Redmi 4 Prime, or this soon-official TWRP 3.03 is good enough?

Last edited:

jessesam

Jul 31, 2006
Can someone upload a flashable zip version of this file ?..since my computer has a hard time detecting and installing adb devices and drivers.

dels07

Nov 1, 2012
Jakarta
Can someone upload a flashable zip version of this file ?..since my computer has a hard time detecting and installing adb devices and drivers.
If you already unlock and rooted, you could try use twrp app/flashify from playstore. Else try to install minimal adb with driver signature verification off in Windows

Cnorm

Jul 31, 2011
My phone is currently using TWRP 302 by Cofface and running Lineages OS 13.1 ENCRYPTED.
Can I flash this recovery directly in Cofface's TWRP?

dels07

Nov 1, 2012
Jakarta
My phone is currently using TWRP 302 by Cofface and running Lineages OS 13.1 ENCRYPTED.
Can I flash this recovery directly in Cofface's TWRP?
For safe do decrypt your data and backup partitions before you proceed. I haven't tested from cofface but from 3.0.2 Anik I could flash 3.0.3 recovery as image in twrp directly.

Cnorm

Jul 31, 2011
For safe do decrypt your data and backup partitions before you proceed. I haven't tested from cofface but from 3.0.2 Anik I could flash 3.0.3 recovery as image in twrp directly.
Thank you. I flashed this directly in TWRP 302 by Cofface and no problem. Device is encrypted.

sas_sas

Sep 13, 2007
İzmir
Thanks @Anik_khan,
Hi folks,
I would like to ask one thing;
After we connect device in fastbood mode and apply "TWRP.img" given here by ADB commands,
is it obligatory to reboot recovery at first instance before resetting device?

What root file do you suggest? so that not makes any trouble like MTP etc..

Last edited:

thiagomtl

Aug 16, 2011
Recife
Im using Lineage OS 13 but i cant access recovery by holding power + Vol+ neither from adb or power menu. Everytime i have to fastboot flash and fastboot boot twrp.img. Qhat im doing wrong? Redmi 4 Prime

karl0190

Sep 12, 2011
Im using Lineage OS 13 but i cant access recovery by holding power + Vol+ neither from adb or power menu. Everytime i have to fastboot flash and fastboot boot twrp.img. Qhat im doing wrong? Redmi 4 Prime

I think, using LOS you have to press VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER simultaneously, ie all three together. At least that's what I do.

Reactions: thiagomtl

ardrift

Nov 3, 2015
That happened with me also, but I have solved the problem by flashing the given .zip (lazyflasher) in the OP. Read the instructions again in the first post, and then you will be able to solve your problem.

korgan2015

Aug 15, 2015
Goiânia
thank you
flash twrp done
now how to root ? plz links to download
Root instruction here http://en.miui.com/thread-394821-1-1.html
Works for me :good:

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Edit: Just added these 2 lines to build.prop file and MTP worked again:

persist.service.adb.enable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
Where is this buil.prop file, I could not find it :confused:

ryouza

Feb 24, 2011
If you use twrp to install official rom Will install also official recovery and you Will lost twrp

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: korgan2015

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fhome.png
    https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fbackupname.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CHANGELOG for 3.0.3-0:
    • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    • Add Greek translation to some builds.
    • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

Install guide:

• Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
    • Enter fastboot mode
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Download recovery*.img and Lazyflasher
    • Copy lazyflasher In your internal Phone memory
    • Run fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.3-0-markw.img in command line
      [*]Boot into recovery and flash Lazy flasher (Important for miui, else you can boot into system)
    • Reboot and enjoy it

Download:

twrp-3.0.3-0-markw.img
    lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
    TWRP Recovery is now official for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. I uploaded the thread as well with updated link. This is a pre release version. An official release will be there very soon.

no usb mtp after root
    how to fix it ?

same problem with me. have you fixed it?

@Flynhx i am on official 8.1.2. can you please let me know how to fix usb mtp after TWRP and root?

Edit: Just added these 2 lines to build.prop file and MTP worked again:

persist.service.adb.enable=1
    persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
    Sorry for the noob question, but why lazyflasher is necessary? I am using MIUI global (v8.1.2). What happens if I don't flash lazyflasher? Just curious. Thanks.
    Likely wont boot since official firmware need to verify dex-opt (it supposed to be installed in official xiaomi recovery). However xiaomi eu rom will work just fine.
    Wow, this one is better than Cofface's TWRP. :D