[OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.4.0-0 | Team Win Recovery Project | Nokia 7.2 | Daredevil |

p0w3r_off

Nov 13, 2019
I flashed the newest TWRP 3.4.0 to my TA-1196 Phone. But the touchscreen does not work at all in twrp. at other situations like normal boot on stock rom, everything works fine. security update date is on 05. june 2020 so the latest seems to be right, Android Version 10.
i tried twrp-3.4.0-0-DDV_sprout-10.0-20200629.img and twrp-3.4.0-0-DDV_sprout-10.0-20200627.img. but neither of them seems to work, its the same thing - no reaction of touch to my inputs of sliding to unlock. am i missing something? bootloader is unlocked of course.
i'm thinking about using a usb-otg cable, connecting a usb mouse to my phone via otg-adapter and then try to use twrp. i will do that when i get home this evening. but i will be thankful for ideas xD

[a bit OT]i still didnt got around to it. but you know, this is just a strange feeling. many of you don't know, but i had an huawei p20 device earlier. for you nokia users unknown, its an nightmare of an device without the ability to unlock the bootloader. now i have an different device but still things does not work as it should. "no, touch does not work, wifi does not work sometimes on some versions, cant flash custom roms". wtf, it almost feels like the huawei p20 and you try every way of unlocking the bootloader without code :D are companys so selfish these days for not giving out codes or sources? i wonder why.[/a bit OT]

[extreme OT] since i get pissed so often because these devices dont do what they supposed to do, maybe i should call myself angry mobile device nerd [/extreme OT]

Last edited:

lol-md5

Jun 24, 2017
accidentally flashed wrong version

I wasn't paying attention, flashed the boot image for the wrong patch level, and now my device won't boot normally or into recovery. I don't even know what my patch level is. I then tried flashing every image to boot, boot_a, and boot_b, to see if any of them would boot, but none of them did. I'm on android 10 with a Nokia 4.

p0w3r_off

Nov 13, 2019
Im very sorry to hear that. But you know this is the forum for Nokia 7.2? You didnt took the twrp from here and flashed it to Boot_a and boot_b? This image is not suppposed for use on Nokia 4. It Sounds like your device is bricked.. have you tried going into Fastboot mode?

Last edited:

lol-md5

Jun 24, 2017
Im very sorry to hear that. But you know this is the forum for Nokia 7.2? You didnt took the twrp from here and flashed it to Boot_a and boot_b? This image is not suppposed for use on Nokia 4. It Sounds like your device is bricked.. have you tried going into Fastboot mode?
Yea. I guess I was confused cause I read that the DDV_sprout images were compatible with model TA-1133. I managed to get it booting via the instructions in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-4-2/help/nokia-4-2-bricked-enter-fastboot-t4059437 but now my wifi isn't working. I'll ask in that thread. Thanks for the help.

Apr 13, 2016
Same problem TA-1196

I flashed the newest TWRP 3.4.0 to my TA-1196 Phone. But the touchscreen does not work at all in twrp. at other situations like normal boot on stock rom, everything works fine. security update date is on 05. june 2020 so the latest seems to be right, Android Version 10.
i tried twrp-3.4.0-0-DDV_sprout-10.0-20200629.img and twrp-3.4.0-0-DDV_sprout-10.0-20200627.img. but neither of them seems to work, its the same thing - no reaction of touch to my inputs of sliding to unlock. am i missing something? bootloader is unlocked of course.
i'm thinking about using a usb-otg cable, connecting a usb mouse to my phone via otg-adapter and then try to use twrp. i will do that when i get home this evening. but i will be thankful for ideas xD

[a bit OT]i still didnt got around to it. but you know, this is just a strange feeling. many of you don't know, but i had an huawei p20 device earlier. for you nokia users unknown, its an nightmare of an device without the ability to unlock the bootloader. now i have an different device but still things does not work as it should. "no, touch does not work, wifi does not work sometimes on some versions, cant flash custom roms". wtf, it almost feels like the huawei p20 and you try every way of unlocking the bootloader without code :D are companys so selfish these days for not giving out codes or sources? i wonder why.[/a bit OT]

[extreme OT] since i get pissed so often because these devices dont do what they supposed to do, maybe i should call myself angry mobile device nerd [/extreme OT]

Same problem with TA-1196. Any solutions? Thank you.

p0w3r_off

Nov 13, 2019
Same problem with TA-1196. Any solutions? Thank you.
I wouldnt precisely say i have a solution. Its more a workaround: you dont use the touch. Use adb Shell twrp commands on your PC while your phone is in twrp Recovery mode. You can do most of the things without the Touch gui. I installed lineageOS 21. There it have an own recovery loader. It works Just fine. I wrote in the release thread how to install lineageOS 21 on TA-1196

bloatware2

Nov 4, 2020
Can I root the 7.2 or 2.2 with this and Magisk?

Hi, I have a few questions:

1. Can this TWRP be used to root the Nokia 7.2? I'm following Magisk installation instructions from the github official repository, and it says to root I would need "a copy of the boot.img". So does this TWRP package include the boot.img?
My goal is to just root the phone, without wiping android or any other user data.

2. I have another phone, the Nokia 2.2, which was released about the same time as the Nokia 7.2 (2019-06-06 and 2019-08-05, respectively). Can I use this TWRP package to also root the Nokia 2.2? Because, strangely, I haven't found any resources to root the 2.2 specifically.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

(..)
Secondly, Nokia DO publish GPL Linux kernel code for *SOME* of their devices - downloadable here: [.. I can't quote this url because I'm a new user - bloatware] - you will notice immediately however that the 7.2 is missing from that list (as is the 6.2). I have logged a support ticket with their helpdesk about this, their first response was "we don't release source code for their devices", when I pointed out their GPL obligations they referred me to the open source link, and when I pointed out that the 7.2 is missing from that page they said they would release it "when it is ready". My most recent communication with them was to note that the Nokia 7.2 is over 6 months old and has had several firmware updates since release so there is no logical reason they can claim the code isn't ready for release. So far they have not responded to this latest message, but I am not hopeful. I expect what has happened inside HMD is that when they realised that the 7.2 was accidentally released with an unlockable bootloader, they have decided to withhold source the source code to prevent modders from making custom roms for the device.
(..)
Update: the 7.2 and 6.2 source codes are currently published on that page. But strangely the 2.2 is not, even though it was released about the same time (mid 2019), and on that page there is the code for newer phones.

CGarz

Aug 14, 2011
Can this TWRP be used to root the Nokia 7.2? I'm following Magisk installation instructions from the github official repository, and it says to root I would need "a copy of the boot.img". So does this TWRP package include the boot.img?
My goal is to just root the phone, without wiping android or any other user data.
No need for the stock boot.img if you have TWRP installed already. You would just use the Magisk zip installer. It wont wipe anything. Only unlocking the bootloader wipes data. And the bootloader is required to be unlocked before anything, such as TWRP or Magisk, can be flashed.

I have another phone, the Nokia 2.2, which was released about the same time as the Nokia 7.2 (2019-06-06 and 2019-08-05, respectively). Can I use this TWRP package to also root the Nokia 2.2? Because, strangely, I haven't found any resources to root the 2.2 specifically.
I'm 99.999% sure that this TWRP will only work for the Nokia 7.2.

dariuslapsys

Nov 17, 2020
So if i read here that every update needs new TWRP, my phone is with latest security patch update from last month.. Probably my phone will newer will be able to install twrp if i understand correct as you all still working with old ones?

golpesar73

Sep 16, 2018
Hello , may help me pls?

I'm comfused , My nokia 7.2 is on last security patch 1 december 2020 , but the last twrp file is 29/8/2020 ,

is it ok to use that?