Official TWRP for NB1

Search This thread

czupyt

Apr 3, 2012
Poland
my device is not booting to TWRP after fastboot boot TWRPxyz.img command .. plz help guys

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

even tried your latest patched image ... plz help to get into twrp.... just got stucked on Powered by Android

You have to flash the one provided by @THMSP. Booting does not work since September. Are you on November patch?

Ashish_Maurya

Feb 17, 2016
new delhi
You have to flash the one provided by @THMSP. Booting does not work since September. Are you on November patch?
Hi ,

I got a Nokia 8 recently so thats why i dont know about Nokia is doing what with thier devices , my primary device is OnePlus 6

Yes , my 8 is on November patch .... So freind please guide me to attain root .... Its useless to have unlocked bootloader without root

czupyt

Apr 3, 2012
Poland
Root is priority but won't mind to get way to install TWRP

Download this: https://mega.nz/#F!C3wyDKhL!vsTdJXyfzCtD8lYHsgqSTw?mugiyIQa provided by @THMSP. Go to fastboot mode, and there type:

Code:
 fastboot getvar current-slot
As soo as you get current slot type:

Code:
fastboot flash boot_x path to twrp-boot-prerooted-november-stock-kernel.img

Of cousr boot_x means boot_a or boot_b, depend on current active slot. After that reboot, install magisk manager, and install additional files that are needed by magisk. And you are rooted. And of course path to... means real path to twrp-boot-prerooted-november-stock-kernel.img, so assuming for instance, that downloaded image is in C:\temp, and your current active slot would be a, the instruction in fastboot mode should look like:

Code:
fastboot flash boot_a C:\temp\twrp-boot-prerooted-november-stock-kernel.img

Last edited:
Reactions: rhezka and hvlav79

Ashish_Maurya

Feb 17, 2016
new delhi
Download this: https://mega.nz/#F!C3wyDKhL!vsTdJXyfzCtD8lYHsgqSTw?mugiyIQa provided by @THMSP. Go to fastboot mode, and there type:

Of cousr boot_x means boot_a or boot_b, depend on current active slot. After that reboot, install magisk manager, and install additional files that are needed by magisk. And you are rooted. And of course path to... means real path to twrp-boot-prerooted-november-stock-kernel.img, so assuming for instance, that downloaded image is in C:\temp, and your current active slot would be a, the instruction in fastboot mode should look like:

Thanks dude ... For help !!!

Audioboxer

Aug 24, 2010
Now that the Nokia 8 Sirocco can be unlocked, albeit it right now unofficially, is there anyone who could take a stab at porting TWRP to it? :confused::highfive:

Aug 17, 2016
Quang Nam

Code:
 fastboot getvar current-slot

Code:
fastboot flash boot_x path to twrp-boot-prerooted-november-stock-kernel.img

Code:
fastboot flash boot_a C:\temp\twrp-boot-prerooted-november-stock-kernel.img

So this way I can do OTA updates when reflashing to stock nov img, right? Can you provide me the link to stock november patch, pls :silly:
Thank you, btw, I cannot grant root access for my apps using this way (Greenify or even Root checker,etc...) Do u have the same problem? (Magisk modules still working just fine :( )
Sorry for my English too!

czupyt

Apr 3, 2012
Poland
So this way I can do OTA updates when reflashing to stock nov img, right? Can you provide me the link to stock november patch, pls :silly:
Thank you, btw, I cannot grant root access for my apps using this way (Greenify or even Root checker,etc...) Do u have the same problem? (Magisk modules still working just fine :( )
Sorry for my English too!

You have magisk installed and modules work fine?

Aug 17, 2016
Quang Nam
You have magisk installed and modules work fine?

Yes, you can see as below img, but other apps cannot grant root access
2nQtTsc.jpg

THMSP

Jul 19, 2018
Europe
tmsp.io
I think what he means is that the popup to allow superuser access for an app doesn't appear and access is just declined, even if the magisk settings are correct.

@ghostwalkergamma which Magisk version do you have? Did you keep the preinstalled 17.1 Magisk or did you update it?
What I would try is to boot to TWRP, flash the Magisk uninstaller, and then reflash Magisk again (use 17.1, that works just fine for me)

UPDATE: Didn't see your Magisk Manager screenshot. I had the same bug when using 17.3, it works fine with 17.1

Reactions: ghostwalkergamma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey now TWRP is officially available for Nokia 8 NB1

Installation:
    If you already have TWRP installed: Download the latest zip and install the zip using TWRP.
    If you do not already have TWRP installed: Download both the img and the zip.You will need to have fastboot binaries and the correct drivers installed.
    You can grab latest platform-tools (fastboot binaries) from [here]https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    Now go in the directory where your adb/fastboot binaries exists.Connect the device to your PC.Enable USB debugging in developer options & then open a command window and run the following command from the proper location:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Your device should now be in the bootloader.
    Then again from command window run the following command from the proper location:
    fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img
    This will temporarily boot TWRP on your device. Use adb to push the zip onto your device:
    adb push path/to/twrp.zip /
    Even MTP is working you can also directly copy zip from your pc and paste to your device.
    Go to install and browse to the zip and install the zip. The zip will install TWRP to both boot slots. Installing TWRP at this time will remove root if you are currently rooted.
    If you accidently flash TWRP to your device using fastboot instead of temporarily booting the image, you will need to download the latest factory image for your device and reflash the boot image.

Thanks to @dg28gadhavi he is the maintainer for NB1

https://eu.dl.twrp.me/NB1/#
    Flash instruction see dev post #4