#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch-driven user interface, with no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML-driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
Easy selection of internal/external storage
In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.
We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open-source project.
GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery
Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me
If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.
This is for UNOFFICIAL builds of TWRP for the Motorola G30 (caprip)
Contribute to TeamWin/android_device_motorola_caprip development by creating an account on GitHub.
- Backup everything important off of your device
- Make sure your bootloader is unlocked
- Download the recovery image (and optionally the TWRP installer zip) from above
- Reboot into bootloader
- Run this command (Change the .img to whatever the name of the file is you downloaded):
fastboot boot twrp.img
- (Optional instructions from this point on) Install TWRP installer zip
- Reboot to recovery
Upgrade / Reinstall TWRP instructions
- Download desired TWRP installer zip version
- Reboot to recovery
- Select Install
- Tap on install and select the TWRP installer zip you downloaded from step one
- Reboot to recovery and confirm that the updated version of TWRP is installed
- Have an available microSD Card or USB OTG drive
- Backup boot, dtbo, system image, vendor image and data (optionally any other partitions you want a backup of) to your external storage device of choice
- Once you wish to restore? Reboot to TWRP and format data (Wipe > "format data" button > type yes > keyboard checkbox)
- Reboot to TWRP
- Restore boot, dtbo, system image and vendor image
- Reboot to system
- Once it boots to the system without issues? Do not set any lockscreen security and reboot to TWRP
- Restore data
- Reboot to system
- After it finishes boot? Your data and ROM will be restored but sometimes the UI might be incorrect, so reboot to the system again
For the TEST builds of TWRP? Please let me know if this works. If so? I will submit it to Gerrit for official updates.
- mistersmee for his TWRP tree for the Motorola Moto G9 Power (cebu) that this caprip tree is based upon
- Samw662 for encouraging me to work on this and help out caprip owners since I don't own one plus testing these builds