[Official]TWRP Recovery for Moto G4 Plus

Search This thread

soccerref80

Aug 24, 2014
So I installed TWRP and my Moto G4 is rooted. All working fine. I did a couple of backups and everything seemed to work fine. Then I tried to update my backups and get this " Failed to create ....../backup/.... (I/O Error) Failed to make backup folder" In recovery I can see the 2 previous, in file explorer I an also see the folder. Any ideas how to fix this. I want to do a full wipe and restore, but with no recent backup I reluctant to do this.

SwiftGFX

Oct 1, 2020
I've tried to do this before on my phone, everytime I install it and reboot my device in the bootloader or the bootloader recovery, it says "no command" and the bootloader itself doesn't take me straight to TWRP, tips?

checksamir

Dec 15, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Sony Xperia XA1
I've tried to do this before on my phone, everytime I install it and reboot my device in the bootloader or the bootloader recovery, it says "no command" and the bootloader itself doesn't take me straight to TWRP, tips?

The trick is to boot to TWRP right after flashing else stock OS will rewrite original recovery. Use the following method to retain TWRP recovery after flashing.

Flash twrp using fastboot tool through PC. Hold power and volume down keys and enter the following command

Fastboot reboot

Phone will reboot. Release the keys immediately after phone vibrates. It will reboot phone to TWRP.

Once the phone successfully reboots to TWRP, stock recovery will be replaced.

SwiftGFX

Oct 1, 2020
The trick is to boot to TWRP right after flashing else stock OS will rewrite original recovery. Use the following method to retain TWRP recovery after flashing.

Flash twrp using fastboot tool through PC. Hold power and volume down keys and enter the following command

Fastboot reboot

Phone will reboot. Release the keys immediately after phone vibrates. It will reboot phone to TWRP.

I'll attempt this and reply with results, thank you.

SwiftGFX

Oct 1, 2020

Fastboot reboot

It is now asking for a password saying "failed to decrypt data* ive gotten into the TWRP menu.

checksamir

Dec 15, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Sony Xperia XA1
It is now asking for a password saying "failed to decrypt data* ive gotten into the TWRP menu.
Use default_password or try the following:

#1. Reset the factory settings, it's okay if it's not allowing.
#2. Boot into the rom and remove all passwords and uncheck the "require password on startup".
#3. Boot to Unlocked recovery successfully.

Else try another TWRP build.

SwiftGFX

Oct 1, 2020
Use default_password or try the following:

#1. Reset the factory settings, it's okay if it's not allowing.
#2. Boot into the rom and remove all passwords and uncheck the "require password on startup".
#3. Boot to Unlocked recovery successfully.

Else try another TWRP build.

I finally got it to work earlier, luckily I had a backup stored, I tried to flash the .img onto the boot and had to restore, then I went back and installed just the zip and rebooted and I got the root I needed. thank you.

Top Liked Posts