[OFFICIAL] [TWRP] [SM-G9600] starqlte/chn

Search This thread

klabit87

Jul 11, 2011
ONLY FOR Qualcomm SM-G9600
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This will trip knox to 0x1, your phones warranty will be voided, flash at your own risk. Also, this process will wipe your personal data!

HOW TO INSTALL:
0. Make sure you enabled developer settings by pressing the build number several times and have the OEM unlock enabled. Also make sure you run CROM from the galaxy apps store to unlock the bootloader.
1. Boot into download mode by pressing: bixby, volume down and power
2. Download the latest Odin version, open it
3. Download the recovery file from below and put it into the AP tab
4. Untick "auto reboot" in odin and flash the file
5. After flashing, boot into twrp. Make sure to NOT allow system to be modified till you disable dm-verity! (otherwise your phone will be stuck at bootloop).
6. In order to fully and properly root, you will need to flash my kernel found here and flash Magisk.
7. To disable encryption you need to flash this RMM_patch+forceencrypt_remover.zip for pie or multidisabler.zip and forceencrypt_disabler_q.zip for Android 10 and format data. (can opt out of the forceencrypt_disabler if you want but internal storage will be inaccessable)

DOWNLOAD:
https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys9qcom.html

BUGS:
- Samsung encryption is NOT supported

DONATION:
Via PayPal
https://www.paypal.me/klabit87

Contributors
klabit87
Source Code: https://github.com/klabit87/twrp_android_device_samsung_starqltechn

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
Stable Release Date: 5-22-2019

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-11-09-32-27.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-11-09-32-27.png
    111 KB · Views: 3,709
Last edited:

CriCroCra

Mar 31, 2018
Good job, as always you do high quality projects.

With GPU prices increasing exponentially over the past few months, it’s been hard to price out a good phone. This particular phone took us nearly a year to see; getting all the parts together was a challenge. (TK, our video producer, delivered the last piece of the puzzle after the Consumer Electronics Show in January.)

Our goal was to show what a decent budget can get you in an Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, and what kind of performance you can expect from it. Thanks to Travis, Samsung and XDA, we were able to do just that.

Cheers,
Cricrocra.

kijp15

Sep 14, 2010
Hawai'i
alittle off topic, but I still dont have OEM Unlock option in Dev mode ive had the s9 more than 7 days. any ideas on what's wrong with that?

kushman

Aug 25, 2011
gibbon minnesota
USA Models are never bootloader unlockable for S7/8/9 so nope. ONLY SM-G9650 and SM-G9600 are bootloader unlockable models for snapdragon S9/+. Amazon is your friend or newegg.

Can we possibly Odin a sd stock from another company that's has oem unlock option? Is there a way to get hotspot that what I'm looking for. Is there a way to to about how we've seen for vzw where its stock rooted and inject three odin I mainly just need hotspot and bloat removed that is it any idea how to do so

Last edited:

fe.floresy

Mar 29, 2018
i have OEM onlock and CROM service, but it doesnt work. I delete my samsung account too, but i have the same error.

help!

droidextra

Thanks for this amazing dev work @travis82

You mentioned the stock kernel but I am confused where to find it. I looked at the threads you have started and found out the combo firmware thread. Do I have to download the kernel from that thread and do I have to extract the img file and then use it? Or am I missing something here. I'm in a bit of a pickle here with my device right now and your reply will help me a lot. Thanks!

travis82

Jan 8, 2011
Marysville, Washington
Thanks for this amazing dev work @travis82

You mentioned the stock kernel but I am confused where to find it. I looked at the threads you have started and found out the combo firmware thread. Do I have to download the kernel from that thread and do I have to extract the img file and then use it? Or am I missing something here. I'm in a bit of a pickle here with my device right now and your reply will help me a lot. Thanks!

Stock kernel is included in the rom naturally.

MCR31

Apr 16, 2015
I have the same prob, I just activated the OEM unlock, my phone wype my data. Now I want to run CROM, but it fails so, no Idea.....
Well, I just waited to see the "OEM Unlock" Bootloader on the developer options, and I skept the CROM app, and on Odim I just Installed TWRP without any issues.
The prob was when I boot into TWRP and tried to install the custom kernel, TWRP couldn't see my internal storage just tell me "0Mbs" I do not have an extarnal SD card, so I couldn't install the kernel, I restarted the phone with a Data error, so I just format data and back to normal state. I have an 9600 Latin America Version, and I didn't need the CROM apk. Maybe is there a way to fix TWRP to "see" the internal storage.

MCR31

Apr 16, 2015
How enable OEM Unlock ? Qualcomm SM-G9600
you just activate developer option, and after 7 days using your phone, you will see inside developer options the "OEM Unlock" option, just activate it, your phone will wipe all your data partions, and after it boots, you just wait 7 days more, when you see the option "OEM Unlock" activated in developers options, you jusr run odin and install recovery, you do not need CROM (If you phone is latin america version), if it's china, just run CROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ONLY FOR Qualcomm SM-G9600
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This will trip knox to 0x1, your phones warranty will be voided, flash at your own risk. Also, this process will wipe your personal data!

HOW TO INSTALL:
    0. Make sure you enabled developer settings by pressing the build number several times and have the OEM unlock enabled. Also make sure you run CROM from the galaxy apps store to unlock the bootloader.
    1. Boot into download mode by pressing: bixby, volume down and power
    2. Download the latest Odin version, open it
    3. Download the recovery file from below and put it into the AP tab
    4. Untick "auto reboot" in odin and flash the file
    5. After flashing, boot into twrp. Make sure to NOT allow system to be modified till you disable dm-verity! (otherwise your phone will be stuck at bootloop).
    6. In order to fully and properly root, you will need to flash my kernel found here and flash Magisk.
    7. To disable encryption you need to flash this RMM_patch+forceencrypt_remover.zip for pie or multidisabler.zip and forceencrypt_disabler_q.zip for Android 10 and format data. (can opt out of the forceencrypt_disabler if you want but internal storage will be inaccessable)

DOWNLOAD:

BUGS:
    - Samsung encryption is NOT supported

DONATION:
    Via PayPal
    https://www.paypal.me/klabit87

Contributors
    klabit87
    Source Code: https://github.com/klabit87/twrp_android_device_samsung_starqltechn

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
    Stable Release Date: 5-22-2019
    I need a tester for a properly fixed TWRP build as soon as possible please.

And thanks.
    I have a tester. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Twrp is now official and everything works fine except for backup timestamps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Just fyi. TWRP is now updated to 3.3.0-0
    https://dl.twrp.me/starqltechn/
    Just updated the OP with a new zip. It contains the necessary files to decrypt /data and stay decrypted if you choose as well as the updated rmm patch by corsicanu with proper credits given of course.