[OFFICIAL][TWRP][TREBLE] OrangeFox Recovery Project [R10.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

htchd2sucks

May 23, 2010
"How do I remove this TWRP and put another?" is what he asked - emphasis on the word "this" (ie, OrangeFox, which is the only "TWRP" that this thread is about).
We have different interpretations, clearly... I see the "this" twrp but the use of TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project), is, as far as I know, not correct.
Since OrangeFox is another recovery and not made by TeamWin. It's based, on TWRP but then it would be missing something like "this mod of TWRP" or something.

Or this "recovery" (and not using specific name TWRP).

So I understood completely different than you did, both based on a poor communication from the person initially asking.

DarthJabba9

May 5, 2014
Greater London
We have different interpretations, clearly... I see the "this" twrp but the use of TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project), is, as far as I know, not correct.
Since OrangeFox is another recovery and not made by TeamWin. It's based, on TWRP but then it would be missing something like "this mod of TWRP" or something.

Or this "recovery" (and not using specific name TWRP).

So I understood completely different than you did, both based on a poor communication from the person initially asking.
Point taken - but see the title of the thread ;)

ubergeek9876

Mar 21, 2014
Chennai
Hi Vladimir Lenin:
Noob here
I installed RWRP and downgraded from 10.2.1.0 using firmware less rom to 10.0.6.0

They ask me to flash full rom to get OTA

Where it's available in zip format to be flashable from recovery

Now I am on OFRP now I do I need to change OTA survival trigger path like in RWRP

Can anyone post full video link of installation of OTA update plz brothers

Last edited:

dimoxa6233

Apr 26, 2014
Salihorsk
Which kernels and ROMs actually support it fully?

AOSiP and DERP.
New build dated 20190119 is up!

- Added f2fs support
- ROM works out of the box with f2fs, no need of flashing any zips
- Just format /data and /cache (using Mihran TWRP)
- Derp v4.5 included (v4.5 is up! Added f2fs support)
- Encryption with f2fs seems fine too

Reactions: Groot

Groot

Mar 7, 2013
Bacolod
AOSiP and DERP.
New build dated 20190119 is up!

- Added f2fs support
- ROM works out of the box with f2fs, no need of flashing any zips
- Just format /data and /cache (using Mihran TWRP)
- Derp v4.5 included (v4.5 is up! Added f2fs support)
- Encryption with f2fs seems fine too

Bootleggers has now updated too, also Citrus rom
i believe RR will support it the next build too and all other roms would immediately follow suit :)

HannibalLecter

May 12, 2016
I am on miui 10 v10.0.4 and Orangefox latest.. can i update to v10.2.1 by simply flashing the complete MIUI ROM file downloaded from official download page. (recovery ROM)

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
Last edited:

DarthJabba9

May 5, 2014
Greater London
Thanks, but I'm afraid that's not the issue. When I remove the assert line, then on top of the error 7 message appears E1001: Failed to update system image

I tried the official TWRP, and several PIE ROMs, and it's the same. It's something with my device. Sigh.
Having seen your logs, this is an interesting problem. If everything works on Oreo ROMs, but not on Pie ROMs, then I would not necessarily conclude that the problem is in your device. It seems possible (even likely) that this is actually an issue with the device trees being used by the Pie ROMs. If this is correct, then formatting your storage may not solve the problem at all.

Reactions: peter-k

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
Having seen your logs, this is an interesting problem. If everything works on Oreo ROMs, but not on Pie ROMs, then I would not necessarily conclude that the problem is in your device. It seems possible (even likely) that this is actually an issue with the device trees being used by the Pie ROMs. If this is correct, then formatting your storage may not solve the problem at all.

All Oreos from Arrow to Viper install with no problem.

Through the forced abstinence from PIE I detected my taste for Oreo again. Better battery, more stabil, more functionality. Not hard to wait first and see what comes.

But you deserve kudos for your efforts helping me (in the background). Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone