Amlogic G12*/SM1 Family Devices
- Your warranty is now void. - You have been warned. - Use at your own risk.
This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Amlogic G12*/SM1 SoC family of devices.
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed:
Disclaimer: My unofficial builds have full Android TV Google Apps and some other goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
- deadpool - Google ADT-3
- dopinder - Walmart Onn UHD Box
- sabrina - Chromecast with Google TV
- wade - Dynalink TV Box (4K)
If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.
- Recent apps/Multitasking menu doesn't launch.
- (sabrina only) The remote firmware sometimes gets hung up, you can reboot to solve this issue.
- (dopinder/sabrina) L1 is currently broken, this is what is holding up official builds for these devices.
- GApps are baked in on Unofficial builds - No, I will not be building without GApps included for this device. These builds are built, packaged, and signed by me, and not affiliated with LineageOS whatsoever.
- Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install.
- On the unofficial OTA is provided the same way officials would have them.
- Find any more on an official build? Report them according to this guide.
- Does L1 Widevine DRM break when I unlock my bootloader?
Nope, it works fine. L1 certificates, and the mechanism that reports is all still exist and work as expected.
- Can I haz Netflix?
Yup! Play Store has it for you. Unless you're on dopinder or sabrina, but that will be fixed soon hopefully.
- Is this Android TV or Google TV?
Android TV, with some of the better components of Google TV.
- Can I go back to stock and relock the bootloader?
Yeah, grab the factory image for your device and flash it just like you would for a Pixel device, you can find the factory images here. Don't know it I'd relock though, consider that process largely untested on these device. Especially on sabrina, where you can't necessarily re-unlock should you ever want to.
- Are these the stock codenames for these devices?
Astute observation, no, they are not. The ADT-3 is actaully `adt3`, but earlier in production is was `deadpool`, which is much cooler. The Dynalink box internally is extremely similar to the ADT-3, so we coined it `wade` after Wade Wilson, AKA deadpool. The Onn box is in the same family, but different enough to coin it `dopinder`, after, well, go watch Deadpool the movie I guess. sabrina is actually the codename given by Google - no clue as to the reason.
- Does it pass SafetyNet?
Maybe - the only sure fire way it Magisk, as our boot loader is unlocked and can't be relocked safely.
- Does the stock remote work?
Yup, just like it would on stock, in-remote-microphone and all! If it's an IR remote like wade's, it will even work in recovery!
- Can we we support higher resolution than 4K, higher FPS, or HDR on non-certified screens?
- I have a very similar device! Can I install these builds and use them?
No. Please don't do that. You will brick your device, as we include firmware and bootloader images.
If you're a developer looking to help port to a new device, contact me.
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9