[OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for Amlogic G12*/SM1 Family Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
Now that a few more people have LOS installed I need to ask again: is anybody else facing wifi issues after rebooting? even though settings shows device as connected to internet , my device can’t utilize wifi unless I toggle off wifi and then back on again. this only needs to be toggled off then back on immediately after reboot. (Thanks button mapper for saving me the grief of getting to network settings every reboot at least is silver lining) I’m using the 11/20 official nightly build and g apps.

zimmie

Nov 12, 2015
Now that a few more people have LOS installed I need to ask again: is anybody else facing wifi issues after rebooting? even though settings shows device as connected to internet , my device can’t utilize wifi unless I toggle off wifi and then back on again. this only needs to be toggled off then back on immediately after reboot. (Thanks button mapper for saving me the grief of getting to network settings every reboot at least is silver lining) I’m using the 11/20 official nightly build and g apps.
Yes I have networking issues as well both wifi and Ethernet. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I filed a bug but doesn't seems it was even looked at.

I'm pretty sure everyone has this problem.

wright6432

Nov 29, 2022
I successfully got wade running on my dynalink box. I set it up withoug any GAPPS and was going to attempt to do everything de-googled. I can not get kodi to work. Has anybody else had similar problems? I cannot even download any version of kodi other than the newest beta version, which is not suggested yet. I'm not sure if I need some sort of GAPPS to allow the framework for kodi. Any suggestions?

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
I successfully got wade running on my dynalink box. I set it up withoug any GAPPS and was going to attempt to do everything de-googled. I can not get kodi to work. Has anybody else had similar problems? I cannot even download any version of kodi other than the newest beta version, which is not suggested yet. I'm not sure if I need some sort of GAPPS to allow the framework for kodi. Any suggestions?
Personally, with the official build for wade I HAD to get gapps because without it I had zero apps installed. If you do the unofficial build instead I believe OP includes play store just so you can get up and running. What happens with kodi? You installed it and it just force closes when you open it or what?

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
Onn's booting into another mode when detecting data causes trouble for quite a few.

And some advice for anyone looking to buy one of the devices: just buy a wade. dopinder has so many little issues (emmc burning out, overheating and freezing, the mtp slider crashing the OS, not booting recovery when connected to a pc). The only redeeming quality of dopinder is the remote (and the price).

As someone that ended up buying dopinder and wade I agree! I’d even argue the onn doesn’t have price going for it when it burnt out on me in less than a month. I also prefer the onn remote. I look at the onn purchase as just a remote purchase since the device didn’t last. It was always running hot too. Wade with the official builds wins. Especially if you’re one of those guys that pays for Netflix (not me I’m a pirate) . The fact the price for dynalink is only 29.99 now, it’s looking like an even better value.

wright6432

Nov 29, 2022
Personally, with the official build for wade I HAD to get gapps because without it I had zero apps installed. If you do the unofficial build instead I believe OP includes play store just so you can get up and running. What happens with kodi? You installed it and it just force closes when you open it or what?
When I attempt to install any version of Kodi, other than Kodi 20.0, I get an error stating "This app is incompatible with your device." I've tried sideloading the APK, Aurora Store and F-droid.

wright6432

Nov 29, 2022
GApps are not necessary to download and use most apps.

You can use the Aurora Store to download stuff that you'd get from the official play store. You can also download the apps directly from apkpure.com and then use

FOR APKPURE -

apkpure may have some apps download as a .XAPK file. You can either use their app to install them OR manually install by using a zip tool (7-Zip, Peazip) to extract the xapk into individual APK files. You will need to install the main apk and any additional "config" or "extra" apk that matches your cpu architecture (these devices use armv7 I believe - someone correct me if I am wrong).

FOR AURORA STORE -

You CAN use the android remote in aurora store but it was designed for touch screen use. Choosing a bright color preset helps the highlighted options stand out.

Some solutions to this are:
  • Have an OTG cable and use a keyboard / mouse / ps4 controller connected as your input.
  • Use a bluetooth keyboard / mouse / ps4 controller for input.
  • Use the program SCRCPY to remote connect to your device and use your computer's mouse and keyboard as if connected to the android device. Works via USB or over wifi. scrcpy can do a LOT more cool stuff and I recommend reading about it.
I have tried installing the app through the command line, also from F-droid and Aurora Store, but I am being given an error stating that "This app is not compatible with your device" error on all versions of Kodi other than Kodi 20, which is not the suggested version.

jim16127

Jul 18, 2015
Short answer No.

Exfat support began with kernel 5.10 and these devices are on 4.9. There may be ways to get exfat on these devices (backporting the exfat code, possibly modprobe? upgrade these devices to use 5.10 or later) Each with their own set of trouble to achieve.

It would be easier to use a currently available filesystem. Options:
  • NTFS
  • VFAT (fat32)
I tested Exfat, Ext2, Ext4 and despite the OS using ext4, it does not like external drives formatted as such.

Remember, these devices are designed to be "thin clients" and pull media from other servers. You can self-host media with a Jellyfin / Emby / Plex server. No internet required. Any old pc / laptop/ raspberry pi-like device can be the server.

I link this once a week: https://github.com/amit-raut/Onn.-4k-Streaming-Box-Rooting-and-Remote-Button-Remapping - guide is for dopinder but other devices can work with some minor tweaking.
Thanks for the filesystem response. Yes NTFS is the only logical solution. (FAT32 has 4GB file size limit)

I’ve been to that GitHub page more than once. Essentially all I need to do is step 8. Although when I open the script...it doesn’t make sense to me. Where is it grabbing the onntvremap directory? Or is it merely creating the directory then moving it? If it’s the latter and it’s only creating an empty folder and moving it with permissions. What sorcery is occurring in the script that changes the behavior of the button mapper app?
#!/bin/bash
# Remap remote for Onn. 4k streaming box
# Author: Amit Raut
# Push the onntvremap directory to /sdcard/Download/
echo "[+] Pushing onntvremap directory to downloads"
adb push onntvremap/ /sdcard/Download/
# move the onntvremap directory to /data/adb/modules/ as root user
echo "[+] Moving onntvremap directory to /data/adb/modules"
adb shell "su -c mv /sdcard/Download/onntvremap /data/adb/modules/"
echo "[+] Use button mapper and grant superuser access to remap the remote keys as per your liking"
echo "[+] Rebooting..."
adb reboot

Big Dumb Object

May 22, 2020
Also, I solved the signing issue with Luca's help.

Builds should hopefully roll for wade/Deadpool with no GMS tomorrow.

I'll then look into tablet builds feasibility.
So you abandoned the idea of the tablet builds eventually?

I try not to push hard on this subject, but now, after seeing somebody here experimenting with de-googling of ATV, I'm starting to think again how nice it would be to have a tablet build suitable for MicroG edition.

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
My struggle with the Android TV continues.
Now I got Nova launcher installed, but still unable to use any widgets.
Tried adding my usual Analog clock widget and the moment I place it on the screen, it just disappears.
What are my options of placing a clock on the home screen somehow?
At this point I am willing to settle even for digital one (though analog would be preferable).

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
My struggle with the Android TV continues.
Now I got Nova launcher installed, but still unable to use any widgets.
Tried adding my usual Analog clock widget and the moment I place it on the screen, it just disappears.
What are my options of placing a clock on the home screen somehow?
At this point I am willing to settle even for digital one (though analog would be preferable).
we don't have the app widget permission installed, that is why it doesn't work.

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
What about live wallpaper with a clock?
Would it work?
EDIT:
Apparently Live wallpapers are impossible either.
I get "App not installed" message when I try to choose any live wallpaper.

Last edited:
I have a Dynalink box too, how have you managed to do wade? When I try to unlock the bootloader I always receive

I am using Windows 10 right now:
C:\Windows\system32>fastboot oem 'setenv lock 10101000;save' && fastboot reboot bootloader && fastboot flashing unlock
OKAY [ 0.023s]
Finished. Total time: 0.024s
Rebooting into bootloader OKAY [ 0.006s]
Finished. Total time: 0.008s
FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error))
fastboot: error: Command failed

When I tried it on Linux(Fedora):
fastboot oem 'setenv lock 10101000;save' && fastboot reboot bootloader && fastboot flashing unlock
resulted in <waiting for device> (On an Andriod Smartphone I now would have to plug the charger I know, but on the dynalink has no battery, so it turns off)

Can you (guys) help me?

Last edited:
Please use the search feature next time; your question has been answered quite a few times (read page 85 for newest info).

On Fedora: run each fastboot commands individually (without using the &&) and run them with "sudo".
Thank you I just wasn't sure what to look for exactly, unfortunately I have a bootloop on my Dynalink wade after installing dtb and dtbo:(

What did you do exactly?

Here is a quick guide for anyone that brinks their unit.
Here is the set of tools i used.

Install Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_v2.2.0 and all the drivers that comes with it.
Open the application, hold the side the button and plug in the device.
The application will make the device hold state without looping.
Close the applicaiton

Open CMD and navigate to "aml-flash-tool-master\tools\windows"
run the following commands,

Code:
update.exe partition dtbo C:\directory to\dtbo.img
update.exe partition _aml_dtb C:\directory to\dtb.img
update.exe partition recovery C:\directory to\recovery.img

onces that done. reboot the device whiles holding the button.
Open the burning tool get a hold of it and close it.

run cmd and navigate back to "aml-flash-tool-master\tools\windows"
run this command.

Code:
update.exe bulkcmd fastboot

you cannot boot in to recovery as the wiki states. i have no idea why.
so command "fastboot reboot-recovery" doesn't work.

what worked for me was "fastboot boot path-to-recovery.img-file"

from there on, install the lineage.zip file with adb command and whatever else you want to install.

done.
Mega Link is down, where can I download this aml-flash-tool-master for this purpose? Which recovery file will I need?

Edit: Found the aml flash tool master and recovery file but still do not know what to do exactly in order to fix the bootloop via Windows 10 or Linux (Fedora)

Last edited:
I had succes with unbricking my Dynalink wade on windows 10 using this unbricking tool:

Thanks alot to @skippyd, it saved me alot of headache :)
- Advise from me: Next time, try to put in all the unzipping parts in one folder

I followed the instructions by @npjohnson from a previous page:

"adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem 'setenv lock 10101000;save'
fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flash dtb lineage-dtb.img
fastboot flash dtbo lineage-dtbo.img
fastboot flash recovery lineage-recovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot boot lineage-recovery.img "

-> And I managed to get to the Lineage OS Recovery Screen as you can see on the picture, but unfortunately I was not able to press the "OK"/"Enter" Button on any of the options, does anyone know what causes this?

- I had no other option than pulling the plug, which led to a bootloop and now I am back on stock again.

- I noticed trying to change from charging to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) always leads to crashing, but I need it on Linux(Fedora) in order to get permission in adb. (I do not receive an USB Debugging request on Linux somehow)

Attachments

• signal-2022-12-08-214916_002.jpeg
    signal-2022-12-08-214916_002.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So anyone have this working on a radxa zero ?
    I just bought a dynalink (wade) device and trying to flash the LOS unofficial 20 on it. I followed the instructions as I have done also on 2 dopinder (ONN) devices. I can get into the LineageOS recovery fine but after following I cannot navigate using the button. I can only press and hold the button down which highlights "Reboot system now" by turning the selection green but nothing happens. Suprisingly I can use the remote control to navigate up and down on the LOS recovery, but when I hold down the circle (o) button, it does the same - just highlights the command green and thats it. So I cannot do `adb sideload` because in recovery I cannot select "Apply Update". I can only highlight it. I then tried to do the same with LOS19 recovery, but its doing the same thing. Am I missing sometime? The button appears to be working fine as it allows me to get into fastboot mode and reboot fine.
    use the power button to select stuff in recovery
    lineage-os-logo.png

Amlogic G12*/SM1 Family Devices
    Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Amlogic G12*/SM1 SoC family of devices.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed:

Official Builds:

Disclaimer: My unofficial builds have full Android TV Google Apps and some other goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.

Unofficial Builds:
    We also support a few development boards, but at least (for now, until we have time to write up instructions), you're on your own to figure out the install process and set things up:
    EDIT: The development boards don't boot on LineageOS 19.1 at the moment for some reason, we're looking into it.

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Recent apps/Multitasking menu doesn't launch.
    • (sabrina only) The remote firmware sometimes gets hung up, you can reboot to solve this issue.
    • (dopinder/sabrina) L1 is currently broken, this is what is holding up official builds for these devices.
    Notes:
    • GApps are baked in on Unofficial builds - No, I will not be building without GApps included for this device. These builds are built, packaged, and signed by me, and not affiliated with LineageOS whatsoever.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install.
    • On the unofficial OTA is provided the same way officials would have them.
    • Find any more on an official build? Report them according to this guide.
    FAQ:
    • Does L1 Widevine DRM break when I unlock my bootloader?

Nope, it works fine. L1 certificates, and the mechanism that reports is all still exist and work as expected.

• Can I haz Netflix?

Yup! Play Store has it for you. Unless you're on dopinder or sabrina, but that will be fixed soon hopefully.

• Is this Android TV or Google TV?

Android TV, with some of the better components of Google TV.

• Can I go back to stock and relock the bootloader?

Yeah, grab the factory image for your device and flash it just like you would for a Pixel device, you can find the factory images here. Don't know it I'd relock though, consider that process largely untested on these device. Especially on sabrina, where you can't necessarily re-unlock should you ever want to.

• Are these the stock codenames for these devices?

Astute observation, no, they are not. The ADT-3 is actaully `adt3`, but earlier in production is was `deadpool`, which is much cooler. The Dynalink box internally is extremely similar to the ADT-3, so we coined it `wade` after Wade Wilson, AKA deadpool. The Onn box is in the same family, but different enough to coin it `dopinder`, after, well, go watch Deadpool the movie I guess. sabrina is actually the codename given by Google - no clue as to the reason.

• Does it pass SafetyNet?

Maybe - the only sure fire way it Magisk, as our boot loader is unlocked and can't be relocked safely.

• Does the stock remote work?

Yup, just like it would on stock, in-remote-microphone and all! If it's an IR remote like wade's, it will even work in recovery!

• Can we we support higher resolution than 4K, higher FPS, or HDR on non-certified screens?

Nope.

• I have a very similar device! Can I install these builds and use them?

No. Please don't do that. You will brick your device, as we include firmware and bootloader images.

If you're a developer looking to help port to a new device, contact me.

Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9

Contributors:
    • npjohnson
    • bgcngm
    • stricted
    • webgeek1234
    • deadman96385
    • trautamaki
    • luca020400
    • aleasto
    Yeah, you used the stock recovery. You need to fastboot flash, then fastboot boot recovery, I'll update the docs.

For dopinder, it's needed right now.

Found a procedure for dopinder without the need for keyboard/OTG.

The docs under "Installing a custom recovery using fastboot" state to use "adb reboot fastboot" which doesn't work for booting recovery, needed to do "adb reboot bootloader" instead.

Full command log (after unlocking bootloader and re-enabling USB debugging) of the install process with just a regular Micro USB to USB A cable:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery lineage-18.1-20210805-recovery-dopinder.img
    fastboot boot lineage-18.1-20210805-recovery-dopinder.img
    adb reboot sideload
    adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210805-UNOFFICIAL-dopinder.zip
    # if successful then load bootloader and factory reset
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot

Successfully booted to LineageOS after this!
    deadpool an wade are official again, hopefully we got it all right this time around.

onto dopinder and Sabrina. Hoping to get those shipped soon.
    Note:

Since the Lineage Android TV Builds for this little box (aka Boxes), are stable for the most part, but seems
    people are bouncing back in forth from Stock to Lineage and back to stock.

I created a batch file that will auto flash the stock images and wipe data and so on.. pretty much it will
    make your box as it was when you first booted it after taking it home to try it.

2nd, I also created a batch file that will backup current images.. No need for a fancy recovery or anything like the
    such. it will use the worldcup or what I like to say, USB Burn mode, and backup each and every partition.
    as well as some not so much needed ones like, misc and metadata. (Just for giggles)..

backups will be copied to backup dir, I also created a separate batch file to restore your backup.

I am one that hates doing things the long way over and over, so I always create ways to make things simple
    in the future for people.

This way, you all can test your hearts out all the new lineages and still have your full Stock backup (including data).
    and restore back in forth as you wish.

I will upload the backup_restore zip package as soon as I can and with @npjohnson permission I will link
    in thread. Otherwise you will have to just DM/PM me and ill link you the location.

I am just trying to help the many that I seen complain and dont understand how to go back in forth.
    so with this script, it should take care of most on that. No Fancy Recovery needed...

you will need worldcup driver for Amlogic........ you can find that on your own.

Also, to get into USB Burn mode, press side button while plugging in USB cable.
    Keep pressing till you see the LOGO or hear the sound from your computer.

then just run the batch file and wait..

if its easier for you:

Run the batch file, it will keep saying waiting for device..
    Just press the side button while plugging in USB, when you see it start, then release button...........
    and wait till finished..

Only TESTED On Dopinder Boxes, but im sure they are all the same as for the partition layouts.
    wade and deadpool are official now!