Recognized Developer
lineage-os-logo.png

Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1 Family Devices
Code:
- Your warranty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1 SoC family of devices.

Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed:

Official Builds:

Disclaimer: My unofficial builds have full Android TV Google Apps and some other goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.

Unofficial Builds:
We also support a few development boards, but at least (for now, until we have time to write up instructions), you're on your own to figure out the install process and set things up:
EDIT: The development boards don't boot on LineageOS 20 at the moment for some reason, but we know why and are working on it!

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
  • Recent apps/Multitasking menu doesn't launch.
  • (sabrina only) The remote firmware sometimes gets hung up, you can reboot to solve this issue.
  • (dopinder/sabrina) L1 is currently broken, this is what is holding up official builds for these devices.
Notes:
  • GApps are baked in on Unofficial builds - No, I will not be building without GApps included for this device. These builds are built, packaged, and signed by me, and not affiliated with LineageOS whatsoever.
  • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install.
  • On the unofficial OTA is provided the same way officials would have them.
  • Find any more on an official build? Report them according to this guide.
FAQ:
  • Does L1 Widevine DRM break when I unlock my bootloader?

Nope, it works fine. L1 certificates, and the mechanism that reports is all still exist and work as expected.

• Can I haz Netflix?

Yup! Play Store has it for you. Unless you're on dopinder or sabrina, but that will be fixed soon hopefully.

• Is this Android TV or Google TV?

Android TV, with some of the better components of Google TV.

• Can I go back to stock and relock the bootloader?

Yeah, grab the factory image for your device and flash it just like you would for a Pixel device, you can find the factory images here. Don't know it I'd relock though, consider that process largely untested on these device. Especially on sabrina, where you can't necessarily re-unlock should you ever want to.

• Are these the stock codenames for these devices?

Astute observation, no, they are not. The ADT-3 is actaully `adt3`, but earlier in production is was `deadpool`, which is much cooler. The Dynalink box internally is extremely similar to the ADT-3, so we coined it `wade` after Wade Wilson, AKA deadpool. The Onn box is in the same family, but different enough to coin it `dopinder`, after, well, go watch Deadpool the movie I guess. sabrina is actually the codename given by Google - no clue as to the reason.

• Does it pass SafetyNet?

Maybe - the only sure fire way it Magisk, as our boot loader is unlocked and can't be relocked safely.

• Does the stock remote work?

Yup, just like it would on stock, in-remote-microphone and all! If it's an IR remote like wade's, it will even work in recovery!

• Can we we support higher resolution than 4K, higher FPS, or HDR on non-certified screens?

Nope.

• I have a very similar device! Can I install these builds and use them?

No. Please don't do that. You will brick your device, as we include firmware and bootloader images.

If you're a developer looking to help port to a new device, contact me.

Kernel Source (G12*/SM1): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9
Kernel Source {GXL/GXM): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9-pie

Contributors:
  • npjohnson
  • bgcngm
  • stricted
  • webgeek1234
  • deadman96385
  • trautamaki
  • luca020400
  • aleasto
  • chrmhoffmann
  • highwaystar
  • mikeioannina

Attachments

• home-screen.png
    home-screen.png
    2 MB · Views: 295
  • settings-about.png
    settings-about.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 280
  • settings-devices.png
    settings-devices.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 258
  • TV.jpg
    TV.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 295
Last edited:

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
Thanks for the work you’re putting in on this. I’m going to go ahead and wait to hear what other users are thinking of this what’s good and where’s the bugs before flashing. I just don’t feel like re installing magisk and all that right now. But… I do have a 4 day weekend so… I’m probably just in denial 🤣I’m sure I’ll end up setting this up. Happy new years everyone. Let the record show we have lineage 20 android 13 on our budget boxes BEFORE 2023. Amazing.

ascii79

Aug 13, 2009
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 3 XL
I tried upgrading from official 19 to 20(lineage-20.0-20221220-UNOFFICIAL-wade). Upgrade was successful. But Netflix app errors everytime it runs. Prime video was fine.

My device is wade. Sorry i wouldn't be more verbose since i have downgraded.

Last edited:

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
I tried upgrading from official 19 to 20(lineage-20.0-20221220-UNOFFICIAL-wade). Upgrade was successful. But Netflix app errors everytime it runs. Prime video was fine.

My device is wade. Sorry i wouldn't be more verbose since i have downgraded.
I could be wrong, but I believe the reason the build is an unofficial build is with broken widevine L1 . That is a DRM that netflix requires for their app to run correctly. I know this was what held up official builds on 19.1 for some devices.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I could be wrong, but I believe the reason the build is an unofficial build is with broken widevine L1 . That is a DRM that netflix requires for their app to run correctly. I know this was what held up official builds on 19.1 for some devices.
Nope not on wade - L1 should work fine - I think it's _just_ Netflix because Prime Video works.

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
Nope not on wade - L1 should work fine - I think it's _just_ Netflix because Prime Video works.
Interesting. Well I’m a pirate anyways 😂 🏴‍☠️… The only “official” app I use is directv stream with a friends log in from my home state. (Which keeps me able to watch all my home town nfl nba mlb games) anyways…I am going to go ahead and install this today and I’ll report back after installed.

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
All I have to say is WOW was that quick and easy. I didn’t even need to turn on my laptop. Upgrading is a breeze. I used root toolbox (I think it’s called) to flash the recovery .img without even exiting the android session. Then after rebooting recovery from that same app I verified the date it shows and confirmed it flash successfully. Then I just flashed the .zip from my usb flash drive for EXternal storage attached to OTG. I was going to wipe everything and start fresh. For whatever reason, the recovery decided to reboot after I didn’t hit any buttons for awhile. To my surprise everything migrated from 12 to 13 flawlessly with exception of magisk. I did not even have issues with my INternal storage usb drive. It’s installed but I will need to re-patch the boot img. If I do have any issues I will keep this dirty flash in mind. Thanks as always for your work. I like the file manager you added. Nice touch. Also I notice this build using about 300 mb larger than the average official highly build. Did you include more g apps or something? With this dirty flashed I won’t be able to tell anything I already had installed. Oh and also: the signature verification warning in recovery is no more. That’s excellent also.

C7FB6FF4-1809-4444-AE83-F1094265071C.jpeg
6A663D18-65B7-4823-AB8B-E981044313D6.jpeg

Nov 14, 2010
I tried this build on my dopinder box and it went flawlessly. It was much simpler than the 19.1 build.

I see encrypted content still isn't playing. I did some investigation into the problem and I see something that looks like it could be causing the problem.

In logcat, I see the following:
E/OMXNodeInstance: setParameter(0xeaec3e14:amlogic.avc.decoder.awesome2.secure, OMX.google.android.index.storeMetaDataInBuffers(0x7f000002): Input:0 en=0 type=1) ERROR: BadPortIndex(0x8000101b)

That 0x8000101b error is usually caused by a bad codec, which suggests amlogic.avc.decoder.awesome.secure probably isn't compatible with the S905X2 SoC. Was it compiled for the S905Y2 and maybe that build doesn't work with the S905X2 in dopinder/sabrina?

Thanks to everyone that created this build.

Edit: I thought wade had a S905Y2 but it has the S905X2 so I guess it isn't the SoC model causing the error.

Last edited:

wyldwilly

Feb 8, 2009
I got this up and running on Dopinder. I did have to manually reboot into recovery using the side button, but otherwise the install was easier than my experience with the 19.1 build. Like the previous post, the important apps, like Netflix/Prime, are still broken. Thanks for your continued hard work!

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
I wish had some type of criticism but there has not been any new issues for me specifically since updating. So I will just reiterate thank you for bringing this forward. I know it’s not part of the rom or supported but magisk is playing very nicely with either build. And even the stock rom. It’s nice having these options!

ji

Jan 28, 2012
ROM works great on wade! One issue I am having is selinux errors for netflix which is triggering a compat error and DRM errors for Hulu, logs are below:

hulu: https://pastebin.com/uX6eTQEK

netflix:
Code:
12-30 16:21:11.340  7302  7302 W DefaultDispatch: type=1400 audit(0.0:78): avc: denied { read } for name="u:object_r:vendor_netflix_prop:s0" dev="tmpfs" ino=3556 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app_30:s0:c103,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_netflix_prop:s0 tclass=file permissive=0 app=com.netflix.ninja
12-30 16:21:11.148  7302  7302 W DefaultDispatch: type=1400 audit(0.0:77): avc: denied { read } for name="u:object_r:vendor_netflix_prop:s0" dev="tmpfs" ino=3556 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app_30:s0:c103,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_netflix_prop:s0 tclass=file permissive=0 app=com.netflix.ninja

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
ROM works great on wade! One issue I am having is selinux errors for netflix which is triggering a compat error and DRM errors for Hulu, logs are below:

hulu: https://pastebin.com/uX6eTQEK

netflix:
Code:
12-30 16:21:11.340  7302  7302 W DefaultDispatch: type=1400 audit(0.0:78): avc: denied { read } for name="u:object_r:vendor_netflix_prop:s0" dev="tmpfs" ino=3556 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app_30:s0:c103,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_netflix_prop:s0 tclass=file permissive=0 app=com.netflix.ninja
12-30 16:21:11.148  7302  7302 W DefaultDispatch: type=1400 audit(0.0:77): avc: denied { read } for name="u:object_r:vendor_netflix_prop:s0" dev="tmpfs" ino=3556 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app_30:s0:c103,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_netflix_prop:s0 tclass=file permissive=0 app=com.netflix.ninja
Thanks for reporting this! Easy fix. Will be in next build.

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
What is the upgrade procedure for those coming from 19.1 ?
Also, are there still issues with wifi, I am having on 19.1?
1. Wifi disconnecting after long periods of inactivitiy.
2. Wifi config in settings missing static ip setup.

wyldwilly

Feb 8, 2009
What is the upgrade procedure for those coming from 19.1 ?
Also, are there still issues with wifi, I am having on 19.1?
1. Wifi disconnecting after long periods of inactivitiy.
2. Wifi config in settings missing static ip setup.
I'm still having the WiFi weirdness post-upgrade... :-(

I upgraded to these:
lineage-20.0-20221220-UNOFFICIAL-dopinder.zip
lineage-20.0-20221219-recovery-dopinder.img

I followed the wiki, which is written for people coming from a retail device, even though I was upgrading from 19.1. Since the build automagically upgrades the recovery, I'm guessing it would be simpler just to boot into the 19.1 recovery and flash the ...dopinder.zip - I think manually flashing the latest recovery is unnecessary?

I would also appreciate knowing what the correct upgrade procedures are...I often feel like I'm guessing lol

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

I upgraded to these:

I followed the wiki, which is written for people coming from a retail device, even though I was upgrading from 19.1. Since the build automagically upgrades the recovery, I'm guessing it would be simpler just to boot into the 19.1 recovery and flash the ...dopinder.zip - I think manually flashing the latest recovery is unnecessary?

I would also appreciate knowing what the correct upgrade procedures are...I often feel like I'm guessing lol
just flash the 20 zip from recovery - that's all you need to do.

Reactions: wyldwilly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official builds of 20 for deadpool/wade will ship within a week!
    With the latest build (lineage-20.0-20230110-UNOFFICIAL-dopinder.zip) WiFi is now automatically reconnecting when device wakes up! On device wake up, WiFi is initially disconnected but does reconnect after a few seconds. This is great news and thanks for the continued effort!
    Hi i'm new here to XDA, I was wondering where i could get help with my dopinder being stuck on lineage recovery and having no ADB or fastboot response even though i have it enabled. Basically its not recognized by my PC.

Thanks!
    Try a different cable/USB port/computer - these devices can be finicky.
    Just a heads up - dopinder dtbo download link in the wiki install page is 404
    You can use the dtbo and dtb img files inside the zip file of the rom files.
    SC2 (S905X4) and S4 (S905W2 and S905Y4) use Kernel 5.4 and aren't listed as supported yet.

Okay thanks, but will they ever be supported?
    Not by these trees - these SoC's aren't g12*, sm1, or gxm/l - maybe in the future once the ADT-4 drops!
    Official builds of 20 for deadpool/wade will ship within a week!
    lineage-os-logo.png

Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1 Family Devices
    Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1 SoC family of devices.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed:

Official Builds:

Disclaimer: My unofficial builds have full Android TV Google Apps and some other goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.

Unofficial Builds:
    We also support a few development boards, but at least (for now, until we have time to write up instructions), you're on your own to figure out the install process and set things up:
    EDIT: The development boards don't boot on LineageOS 20 at the moment for some reason, but we know why and are working on it!

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Recent apps/Multitasking menu doesn't launch.
    • (sabrina only) The remote firmware sometimes gets hung up, you can reboot to solve this issue.
    • (dopinder/sabrina) L1 is currently broken, this is what is holding up official builds for these devices.
    Notes:
    • GApps are baked in on Unofficial builds - No, I will not be building without GApps included for this device. These builds are built, packaged, and signed by me, and not affiliated with LineageOS whatsoever.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install.
    • On the unofficial OTA is provided the same way officials would have them.
    • Find any more on an official build? Report them according to this guide.
    FAQ:
    • Does L1 Widevine DRM break when I unlock my bootloader?

Nope, it works fine. L1 certificates, and the mechanism that reports is all still exist and work as expected.

• Can I haz Netflix?

Yup! Play Store has it for you. Unless you're on dopinder or sabrina, but that will be fixed soon hopefully.

• Is this Android TV or Google TV?

Android TV, with some of the better components of Google TV.

• Can I go back to stock and relock the bootloader?

Yeah, grab the factory image for your device and flash it just like you would for a Pixel device, you can find the factory images here. Don't know it I'd relock though, consider that process largely untested on these device. Especially on sabrina, where you can't necessarily re-unlock should you ever want to.

• Are these the stock codenames for these devices?

Astute observation, no, they are not. The ADT-3 is actaully `adt3`, but earlier in production is was `deadpool`, which is much cooler. The Dynalink box internally is extremely similar to the ADT-3, so we coined it `wade` after Wade Wilson, AKA deadpool. The Onn box is in the same family, but different enough to coin it `dopinder`, after, well, go watch Deadpool the movie I guess. sabrina is actually the codename given by Google - no clue as to the reason.

• Does it pass SafetyNet?

Maybe - the only sure fire way it Magisk, as our boot loader is unlocked and can't be relocked safely.

• Does the stock remote work?

Yup, just like it would on stock, in-remote-microphone and all! If it's an IR remote like wade's, it will even work in recovery!

• Can we we support higher resolution than 4K, higher FPS, or HDR on non-certified screens?

Nope.

• I have a very similar device! Can I install these builds and use them?

No. Please don't do that. You will brick your device, as we include firmware and bootloader images.

If you're a developer looking to help port to a new device, contact me.

Kernel Source (G12*/SM1): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9
    Kernel Source {GXL/GXM): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9-pie

Contributors:
    • npjohnson
    • bgcngm
    • stricted
    • webgeek1234
    • deadman96385
    • trautamaki
    • luca020400
    • aleasto
    • chrmhoffmann
    • highwaystar
    • mikeioannina
    With the latest build (lineage-20.0-20230110-UNOFFICIAL-dopinder.zip) WiFi is now automatically reconnecting when device wakes up! On device wake up, WiFi is initially disconnected but does reconnect after a few seconds. This is great news and thanks for the continued effort!
    Hi i'm new here to XDA, I was wondering where i could get help with my dopinder being stuck on lineage recovery and having no ADB or fastboot response even though i have it enabled. Basically its not recognized by my PC.

Thanks!
    Try a different cable/USB port/computer - these devices can be finicky.

I upgraded to these:

just flash the 20 zip from recovery - that's all you need to do.