[OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1/NE Family Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wyldwilly

Feb 8, 2009
With the latest build (lineage-20.0-20230110-UNOFFICIAL-dopinder.zip) WiFi is now automatically reconnecting when device wakes up! On device wake up, WiFi is initially disconnected but does reconnect after a few seconds. This is great news and thanks for the continued effort!

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
So, what is the procedure to upgrade from 19.1 to this new version?
Can I keep the apps and settings, or do I have to start from scratch?

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
Well, as long as unofficial build works, I don't care.
I don't need support for official streaming apps so don't care for DRM.
As long as vlc works, I am good.
Wondering whether I should choose the build from yesterday or the from a week ago.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Thank you.

Bluetooth and DRM are still broken on Sabrina.

Here is a logcat when bluetooth breaks for what its worth.

Hope to see M5 support soon.
fun.

As for M5, it's a DTB issue I can't figure out - it just won't boot.

No idea why.

otttvbox502

Jan 8, 2023
Latest Build 1-18 on Wade.

the device still will not resume after power button push.

If you press the power button once the screen will turn blank.
If you press the power button at any time (up to 1 hour) the box will resume from exactly where you her at.
If you press the power button to resume after 2 hours, the device will not resume.

I have tried to set no sleep option in developer area and that does nothing.
I have tried to turn off wifi before i press the power button to inter blank screen mode and still after 2 hours will not resume.

I say blank screen because i don't believe device is in sleep. I believe hdmi output is disabled. upon pushing power button again with 1 hour the screen comes on and you are exactly wear you left off, so, i don't believe it is in sleep just screen off, green light off on box.

I ha another tv box in past that had upgrade and device would fall into a deep sleep if left untouched to save battery.

Is it possible that this is what is happening???

I am not sure how to root device to run logcats.?

jacob12345

Jan 15, 2023

If you press the power button at any time (up to 1 hour) the box will resume from exactly where you her at.
If you press the power button to resume after 2 hours, the device will not resume.

I have tried to turn off wifi before i press the power button to inter blank screen mode and still after 2 hours will not resume.

I say blank screen because i don't believe device is in sleep. I believe hdmi output is disabled. upon pushing power button again with 1 hour the screen comes on and you are exactly wear you left off, so, i don't believe it is in sleep just screen off, green light off on box.

I ha another tv box in past that had upgrade and device would fall into a deep sleep if left untouched to save battery.

I have the same issue on my wade, I went from stock to the 0113 unofficial build. but my observation is different from yours, mine is that every 4 or 5 turning it on and off, the device will not wake up by Bluetooth remote on the 5th or 6th time turning on, what I mean is that it could be not related to time, it appears to me more like as if the system decides whether to go to deep sleep on the exact moment you turn it off.
I also found when the device went into this unwakable situation, you can still wake it up with IR, just remove the battery of your dynalink remote and put it back, now the remote is in IR mode, point remote straight at the box and it will wake up normally(indecator on the remote will flash, meaning it's firing IR), this deep sleep feature is also observed in stock firmware, however the difference is that in stock, box will kill Bluetooth when entering deep sleep, allowing remote to automatically switch to IR mode, which allows user to wake device with success.

Last edited:

jacob12345

Jan 15, 2023

I've also found a way to get around with this, there's an automation app on playstore called automate, and you can create a flow and use the " keep CPU awake "block and let it run in the background, so far it does work for me, device can always get waked up by Bluetooth remote, no need IR

talksickisil

Dec 25, 2009
Aurora,IL
Official builds of 20 for deadpool/wade will ship within a week!
Nice. I bought a hisense google tv and it’s annoying the hell out of me that even with moving apps to usb I “run out of space” with a 256 gb flash drive attached. I love the idea of google tv built in to the tv in theory. In practice, it doesn’t add up. I’m still using wade.

darkknight7

Oct 13, 2022
Updated to official builds on wade. Netflix works, but YouTubeTV does not. Video flashes pixelation for a second and then the device reboots, it has done this the first 3 times I've tried video. This last time it was a minute or 2 before it rebooted, video still not showing, just random color/pixelation.

ETA:I was on unofficial 20 before, formatted partition prior to installing official build.

S1ngl3-x

Jun 10, 2022
[Wade]
First time upgrading official LOS build. Do I really need to flash new recovery as the wiki says? Because this thread description mentions that "Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install." . This sounds to me like firmware will be updated anyway. So that only "adb sideload rom.zip" will be required and I could skip "fastboot flash recovery new_recovery.img".

I am using this amazing free Wade everyday so I want to double check twice before upgrading.

Sorry if this is obvious and thank you for your answers.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
[Wade]
First time upgrading official LOS build. Do I really need to flash new recovery as the wiki says? Because this thread description mentions that "Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install." . This sounds to me like firmware will be updated anyway. So that only "adb sideload rom.zip" will be required and I could skip "fastboot flash recovery new_recovery.img".

I am using this amazing free Wade everyday so I want to double check twice before upgrading.

Sorry if this is obvious and thank you for your answers.
Recovery is not firmware - you must flash it.

xperanto

Jan 22, 2017
Wade upgraded to Official 20.
Netflix, Prime and Disney+ working.
(If some Apps don`t work, try different versions, e.g. Disney 2.16.0-rc3-2301180 didn`t work, but 2.15.3-rc5-22121300 did).

As altready mentioned, the only caveat is still the wrong assigned Buttons of the IR-Remote in Recovery.
@npjohnson: if interested, i can provide the NEC-hex codes of the IR.

Thank you all for your for your work and efforts to make LOS run on all these devices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1 Family Devices
    Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1 SoC family of devices.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed:

Official Builds:

Disclaimer: My unofficial builds have full Android TV Google Apps and some other goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.

Unofficial Builds:
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Recent apps/Multitasking menu doesn't launch.
    • (sabrina) The remote firmware sometimes gets hung up, you can reboot to solve this issue.
    • (dopinder/sabrina) L1 is currently broken, this is what is holding up official builds for these devices.
    Notes:
    • GApps are baked in on the Android TV Unofficial builds - No, I will not be building without GApps included for this device. These builds are built, packaged, and signed by me, and not affiliated with LineageOS whatsoever.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install.
    • On the unofficial OTA is provided the same way officials would have them.
    • Find any more on an official build? Report them according to this guide.
    FAQ:
    • Does L1 Widevine DRM break when I unlock my bootloader?

Nope, it works fine. L1 certificates, and the mechanism that reports is all still exist and work as expected.

• Can I haz Netflix?

Yup! Play Store has it for you. Unless you're on dopinder or sabrina, but that will be fixed soon hopefully.

• Is this Android TV or Google TV?

Android TV, with some of the better components of Google TV.

• Can I go back to stock and relock the bootloader?

Yeah, grab the factory image for your device and flash it just like you would for a Pixel device, you can find the factory images here. Don't know it I'd relock though, consider that process largely untested on these device. Especially on sabrina, where you can't necessarily re-unlock should you ever want to.

• Are these the stock codenames for these devices?

Astute observation, no, they are not. The ADT-3 is actaully `adt3`, but earlier in production is was `deadpool`, which is much cooler. The Dynalink box internally is extremely similar to the ADT-3, so we coined it `wade` after Wade Wilson, AKA deadpool. The Onn box is in the same family, but different enough to coin it `dopinder`, after, well, go watch Deadpool the movie I guess. sabrina is actually the codename given by Google - no clue as to the reason.

• Does it pass SafetyNet?

Maybe - the only sure fire way it Magisk, as our boot loader is unlocked and can't be relocked safely.

• Does the stock remote work?

Yup, just like it would on stock, in-remote-microphone and all! If it's an IR remote like wade's, it will even work in recovery!

• Can we we support higher resolution than 4K, higher FPS, or HDR on non-certified screens?

Nope.

• I have a very similar device! Can I install these builds and use them?

No. Please don't do that. You will brick your device, as we include firmware and bootloader images.

If you're a developer looking to help port to a new device, contact me.

Kernel Source (NE): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-5.4
    Kernel Source (G12*/SM1): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9
    Kernel Source {GXL/GXM): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9-pie

Contributors:
    • npjohnson
    • bgcngm
    • stricted
    • webgeek1234
    • deadman96385
    • trautamaki
    • luca020400
    • aleasto
    • chrmhoffmann
    • highwaystar
    • mikeioannina
    Good news for all - the new ONN box and the newer generation of devices can be supported by the current tree.

Will just need some work.

We will 100% need the ADT-4 to be released though.
    Official builds of 20 for deadpool/wade will ship within a week!
    I would say probably yeah. I am not an expert on those matters though - not sure if there are any drawbacks. IIRC stock ROM's "Droid Settings" app eventually gained this option (Auto-HDR depending on the source), the default "HDR always on" behavior was perhaps a bit of a mistake.
    done. Next build will have it.
    Good news for all - the new ONN box and the newer generation of devices can be supported by the current tree.

Will just need some work.

We will 100% need the ADT-4 to be released though.
    Fingers crossed that there won't be any problems with L1 (widevine) and the 2nd generation ONN Google TV box.