[OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1/NE Family Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

apropper

Jun 5, 2023
Try "burn mode". Obtain worldcup drivers and command line "update" program for your OS.

Once worldcup drivers are installed, hold button, starting from before power is applied, until you have a worldcup usb connection. Then run these commands using the "update" program for worldcup;

update bulkcmd "setenv lock 10100000"
update bulkcmd "saveenv"

Then reboot and see if fastboot works for flashing. Don't repeat the oem commands in the quote above. If you have trouble getting a fastboot connection, use "burn mode" again to start a fastboot connection:

update bulkcmd "fastboot"

Note that changing the lock variable value often requires doing a factory reset. The recovery "rescueparty" menu will prompt you if this is necessary.
Hi, I'm having a hard time trying to flash. I keep getting the device locked message in cmd when trying the "fastboot oem 'setenv lock 10101000;save' && fastboot reboot bootloader && fastboot flashing unlock" step in the instructions. I saw the quote above and...

I've got the worldcup drivers and I have my dynalink box recognized by amlogic usb burning tool. But I don't know what you mean by using "update program for worldcup. Please help.

apropper

Jun 5, 2023
there's a tool called update in that burn tools package, run `update bulkcmd 'setenv lock 10101000;save`
Damn, I don't see that option anywhere. Is this the right program? I'm sorry if I'm being ignorant but all I need to do is unlock the bootloader and I'm at a wall right now.
Annotation 2023-06-05 150752.png

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
How do I use this? I dl'd all those files into one folder. Nothing happens when I click "aml packer" or "update.exe". Please explain further. I've installed lineage on my phone before and that was a piece of cake. This, not so much. I feel so dumb trying to figure this out.
it's a command line tool. Why are you doing this again?

You can run this from the boot loader instead - just use cmd not powershell

apropper

Jun 5, 2023
it's a command line tool. Why are you doing this again?
I was following the regular instructions from the wiki and couldn't get past the oem unlocking step to unlock the bootloader. Kept throwing "FAILED (remote: locked device)" at me.

This is what happened when I was in burn mode

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>update bulkcmd 'setenv lock 10101000;save'
AmlUsbBulkCmd[10101000;save']
[AmlUsbRom]Inf:bulkInReply failed:
ERR: AmlUsbBulkCmd failed!

This happened when I restarted the device and did the reboot bootloader command

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>adb devices
List of devices attached
WUSA2301003863 device

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>fastboot devices
WUSA2301003863 fastboot

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>update bulkcmd 'setenv lock 10101000;save'
[update]:No [WorldCup Device] device after scan
[update]ERR(L1094):can not find device

I have world cup drivers installed, btw.

apropper

Jun 5, 2023
Okay, I followed Functioner's instructions and was able to run both "setenv lock 10100000" and update bulkcmd "saveenv" successfully. But now I rebooted and see a recovery error screen saying can't load android system. So I factory reset. Tried unlock bootloader command in fastboot and got this,

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>fastboot oem 'setenv lock 10101000;save' && fastboot reboot bootloader && fastboot flashing unlock
OKAY [ 0.038s]
finished. total time: 0.039s
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s
FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 0.002s

Rebooted, same recovery error screen telling me to factory reset. I don't mean to use you as my personal tech support, but what am I doing wrong here?

apropper

Jun 5, 2023
I'm pulling my hair out over this. Factory reset a couple of times, tried Functioner's instructions again. Here's what happens:

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>update bulkcmd "setenv lock 10100000"
AmlUsbBulkCmd[setenv lock 10100000]
[AmlUsbRom]Inf:bulkInReply success

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>update bulkcmd "saveenv"
AmlUsbBulkCmd[saveenv]
[AmlUsbRom]Inf:bulkInReply success

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>update bulkcmd "fastboot"
AmlUsbBulkCmd[fastboot]
usbReadFile len=512,ret=-5 error_msg=libusb0-dll:err [submit_async] submitting request failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

[AmlUsbRom]Err:return len=-1 < strLenBusy 11
[AmlUsbRom]Inf:bulkInReply

I get this error every time and have to factory reset. And I still can't unlock the bootloader through the wiki instructions either. I'm new here, so please don't accuse me of spamming, but I'm genuinely stuck and don't know what to do. It seems easy enough for everyone else to get this running. Ugh! Why can't I figure this out?!

Functioner

Jan 16, 2023
but what am I doing wrong here?

Your mistake was doing this:

So I factory reset. Tried unlock bootloader command in fastboot and got this,

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>fastboot oem 'setenv lock 10101000;save' && fastboot reboot bootloader && fastboot flashing unlock

after you had already unlocked the bootloader doing this:

Okay, I followed Functioner's instructions and was able to run both "setenv lock 10100000" and update bulkcmd "saveenv" successfully.

You're relocking the bootloader by doing "fastboot oem 'setenv lock 10101000;save'" after you unlocked the bootloader using burn mode.

It's okay to do the factory reset after you unlock the bootloader using burn mode, as you did here:

But now I rebooted and see a recovery error screen saying can't load android system. So I factory reset.

The factory reset is required, as I explained in the post because unlocking the bootloader using burn mode is a non-standard way to do it, and it does not erase the data partition as part of the unlocking process (like fastboot does when it works to unlock properly), so a manual clearing of the data partition is required.

Repeat the burn mode unlock process, and the factory reset process, but then don't do any of this:

Functioner

Jan 16, 2023
C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>update bulkcmd "fastboot"
AmlUsbBulkCmd[fastboot]
usbReadFile len=512,ret=-5 error_msg=libusb0-dll:err [submit_async] submitting request failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Did you check for a fastboot connection after doing:

by running the command:

fastboot devices

Some of the error messages you see from the burn mode client reflect the change in connection type over usb from world cup connection (burn mode) to fastboot connection (using android drivers).

Check for a fastboot connection after running

using the command
fastboot devices

Just don't run any "fastboot oem" commands after that.

apropper

Jun 5, 2023
@Functioner thanks for the reply. So I installed the dbt and dbto files, then flashed recovery. I can't boot into recovery, and I'm stuck at the dynalink screen no matter if the cable is plugged into my computer or into the wall. I don't get any result at all when I type fastboot devices into cmd. Do I need to flash the stock firmware and if so, how to I do that?

apropper

Jun 5, 2023
So I did some looking around and found this from @npjohnson
and put the device in burn mode and tried running the command `update.exe bulkcmd fastboot` and got this:

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>update.exe bulkcmd fastboot
AmlUsbBulkCmd[fastboot]

I do have worldcup drivers installed, it shows through device manager but after I run this command, I get a yellow triangle over the worldcup device in device manager. Please help, I'm trying to unbrick this thing.

Functioner

Jan 16, 2023
I do have worldcup drivers installed, it shows through device manager but after I run this command, I get a yellow triangle over the worldcup device in device manager. Please help, I'm trying to unbrick this thing.

You're not able to get a burn mode connection anymore? I'm not sure that I know what state your device is in.

If you can't get a fastboot connection, forget about fastboot for the time being. If you are still able to get a burn mode connection, maybe try restoring the original dtb/dtbo/recovery using burn mode, like described at the top of this post.

Of course, you'd use the image files for your device, not the image files mentioned in the post.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
So I did some looking around and found this from @npjohnson
and put the device in burn mode and tried running the command `update.exe bulkcmd fastboot` and got this:

C:\Users\user\Downloads\aml-flash-tool>update.exe bulkcmd fastboot
AmlUsbBulkCmd[fastboot]

different USB port or USB2 hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1 Family Devices
    Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1 SoC family of devices.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed:

Official Builds:

Disclaimer: My unofficial builds have full Android TV Google Apps and some other goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.

Unofficial Builds:
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Recent apps/Multitasking menu doesn't launch.
    • (sabrina) The remote firmware sometimes gets hung up, you can reboot to solve this issue.
    • (dopinder/sabrina) L1 is currently broken, this is what is holding up official builds for these devices.
    Notes:
    • GApps are baked in on the Android TV Unofficial builds - No, I will not be building without GApps included for this device. These builds are built, packaged, and signed by me, and not affiliated with LineageOS whatsoever.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so you'll end up on the newest version of compatible firmware after install. Please don't touch firmware partitions after install.
    • On the unofficial OTA is provided the same way officials would have them.
    • Find any more on an official build? Report them according to this guide.
    FAQ:
    • Does L1 Widevine DRM break when I unlock my bootloader?

Nope, it works fine. L1 certificates, and the mechanism that reports is all still exist and work as expected.

• Can I haz Netflix?

Yup! Play Store has it for you. Unless you're on dopinder or sabrina, but that will be fixed soon hopefully.

• Is this Android TV or Google TV?

Android TV, with some of the better components of Google TV.

• Can I go back to stock and relock the bootloader?

Yeah, grab the factory image for your device and flash it just like you would for a Pixel device, you can find the factory images here. Don't know it I'd relock though, consider that process largely untested on these device. Especially on sabrina, where you can't necessarily re-unlock should you ever want to.

• Are these the stock codenames for these devices?

Astute observation, no, they are not. The ADT-3 is actaully `adt3`, but earlier in production is was `deadpool`, which is much cooler. The Dynalink box internally is extremely similar to the ADT-3, so we coined it `wade` after Wade Wilson, AKA deadpool. The Onn box is in the same family, but different enough to coin it `dopinder`, after, well, go watch Deadpool the movie I guess. sabrina is actually the codename given by Google - no clue as to the reason.

• Does it pass SafetyNet?

Maybe - the only sure fire way it Magisk, as our boot loader is unlocked and can't be relocked safely.

• Does the stock remote work?

Yup, just like it would on stock, in-remote-microphone and all! If it's an IR remote like wade's, it will even work in recovery!

• Can we we support higher resolution than 4K, higher FPS, or HDR on non-certified screens?

Nope.

• I have a very similar device! Can I install these builds and use them?

No. Please don't do that. You will brick your device, as we include firmware and bootloader images.

If you're a developer looking to help port to a new device, contact me.

Kernel Source (NE): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-5.4
    Kernel Source (G12*/SM1): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9
    Kernel Source {GXL/GXM): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_amlogic_linux-4.9-pie

Contributors:
    • npjohnson
    • bgcngm
    • stricted
    • webgeek1234
    • deadman96385
    • trautamaki
    • luca020400
    • aleasto
    • chrmhoffmann
    • highwaystar
    • mikeioannina
    Good news for all - the new ONN box and the newer generation of devices can be supported by the current tree.

Will just need some work.

We will 100% need the ADT-4 to be released though.
    Official builds of 20 for deadpool/wade will ship within a week!
    I would say probably yeah. I am not an expert on those matters though - not sure if there are any drawbacks. IIRC stock ROM's "Droid Settings" app eventually gained this option (Auto-HDR depending on the source), the default "HDR always on" behavior was perhaps a bit of a mistake.
    done. Next build will have it.
    Good news for all - the new ONN box and the newer generation of devices can be supported by the current tree.

Will just need some work.

We will 100% need the ADT-4 to be released though.
    Fingers crossed that there won't be any problems with L1 (widevine) and the 2nd generation ONN Google TV box.