Google Nexus Player
- Your warrenty is now void. - You have been warned. - Use at your own risk.
This is the Official Lineage OS 16.0 thread for the (Asus) Google Nexus Player , codename fugu.
How to Install:
Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.
If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.
- We pass SafetyNet without any 3^rd party addons. AddonSU, and other addons will likely change this.
- Because Lineage 15.1 is AOSP based as opposed to Lineage 14.1 which used a hybrid AOSP/CAF base, the in-remote Microphone works!
- Neither OpenGApp's nor MindTheGApp's ATV packages currently fit on the Nexus Player's small system partition! Use the GApps Iink if you want them -- if you use these, Google apps will crash, and Developer Settings will not open. Use *only* the ATV GApps I link below if you wish to use GApps.
- LineageOS Updater
- Custom ATV OpenGApps TVStock Build (thanks to @msg01 for discovering the root of this problem and building this package!) -- You will want to either sideload or install the Google Webview from the Play Store (or the one in that Google Drive folder, as it was excluded in this GApps build to make it fit in fugu's small system partition.
Lineage OS, ROM for the Nexus Player
npjohnson, Steel01 , ciwrl
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 8.0.0 (OPR2.170623.027, Nov 2017)
Based On: Lineage OS (previously CyanogenMod) - Based on AOSP/CAF
Current Stable Version: Newest Weekly
Last Updated 2019-03-04