[OFFICIAL][WEEKLY][7.1.x] LineageOS 14.1 for i9505

Search This thread

disguisedview

Jan 13, 2013
Nürnberg
Thanks @side for working on this project for us all.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem that i faced this afternoon. An incoming call, the screen went black and there was no way to answer.

I clean installed this rom + Pico gapps, Nothing else.

Hopefully something easy to look at.

I had similar problem some time ago.
Screen stayed black after answering an incoming call. No response after the call was finished.
Maybe your problem is different because you've said you're not even able to answer an incoming call...
But here is how i solved my problem:
I figured out the culprit was the plastic film I had on my display.
It made the proximity sensor not working properly anymore.
After removing the plastic film all problem with screen staying black was gone.
Maybe if you are using a plastic film on your display it's related to that and you should try removing it.
But before you remove it you can check if proximity sensor is working properly at all. I used the app "sensors test" from PlayStore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=asd.vector.sensor&hl=de) and moved my finger over the sensor which is placed next to the front camera to check if it worked. The app said always NEAR. If the sensor works properly it shouldn't say NEAR as soon as your finger isn't over the sensor anymore.

Last edited:

Buff99

I had similar problem some time ago.
Screen stayed black after answering an incoming call. No response after the call was finished.
Maybe your problem is different because you've said you're not even able to answer an incoming call...
But here is how i solved my problem:
I figured out the culprit was the plastic film I had on my display.
It made the proximity sensor not working correctly anymore.
After removing the plastic film all problem with screen staying black was gone.
Maybe if you are using a plastic film on your display it's related to this and you should try removing it. Or before you do so check if proximity sensor is working properly. I used the app "sensors test" and moved my finger over the sensor near the front camera to check if it worked. It said always NEAR. If it works properly it shouldn't say NEAR as soon as your finger isn't over the sensor anymore.
@Hawkeye77 Recalibrate your proximity sensor with this tool

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/i9505-develop/adb-shell-proximity-sensor-recalibration-t2867129

MariuxReloaded

Jan 16, 2014
Manfredonia
Please try flash that zip and tell me again ur system size people :)

Only for non-GPE s4's

Internal storage is a completely different partition from the system and cache partition.

Ever wonder why the S4 is avertized as 16/32 GB internal but when you check it you notice that it only has 9/25 GB?

That's because some of that space has been allocated to different partitions (system and cache are the biggest), and the rest is user usable.

Gapps and the ROM are installed on the system partition, which has nothing to do with the internal storage.

Voilà, now I've understood! That's why Aroma, Super and Stock GApps didn't work! Thank you! :D

andy hall

Mar 3, 2011
Google Pixel 3
Yes, but I've already tried to flash the Aroma and Stock Open GApps and TWRP said that there was not enough space :( Only the Nano GApps worked :confused:
It is down to the amount of space left in the system partition.
Stock GAPPS is huge probably takes more space than the ROM. If you have time to play, try flash the ROM boot it then reboot to recovery then try the GAPPS install.
To give some prospective, I am using a Lineage based ROM with Nano and have 250mb left.
Addendum:
I also remove audiofx, email, exchange and gello, then install Viper and adaway, so the total free space would most likely be lass than 200.

Last edited:
Reactions: MariuxReloaded

Buff99

It is down to the amount of space left in the system partition.
Stock GAPPS is huge probably takes more space than the ROM. If you have time to play, try flash the ROM boot it then reboot to recovery then try the GAPPS install.
To give some prospective, I am using a Lineage based ROM with Nano and have 250mb left.

Ah. But you have 1.6gb of un-allocated space Andy that should /could be part of your system...

Use side's enlarger tool to grow your /system partition size to it's real potential... Available in official LOS thread (this one even LOL)
Or use a ROM already resized (cough, you know).

Reactions: MariuxReloaded

andy hall

Mar 3, 2011
Google Pixel 3
Ah. But you have 1.6gb of un-allocated space Andy that should /could be part of your system...

Use side's enlarger tool to grow your /system partition size to it's real potential... Available in official LOS thread (this one even LOL)
I have not found size to be an issue so far :angel:
Shall have a look at the though :good:

Kimi123

Sep 7, 2010
The LineageSetupWizard doesn't work when I choose "Keep your apps & data". The import of google account & apps via another Android Device using NFC is working. But then Play Store & Play Services are constantly crashing. No luck with import of apps via google account also. After a restart the SetupWizard starts again but doesn't offer "Keep your apps & data" but google account & background image were transferred. When I configure the phone as a new device everything works as it should.

My system: twrp 3.1.0-0 (tried 3.0.2-0 also) full wipe, OpenGapps mini from 19.3., lineage + addonsu, tried [ROM][CM14.1][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Jfltexx (GT-I9505) also, same error.

andy hall

Mar 3, 2011
Google Pixel 3
The LineageSetupWizard doesn't work when I choose "Keep your apps & data". The import of google account & apps via another Android Device using NFC is working. But then Play Store & Play Services are constantly crashing. No luck with import of apps via google account also. After a restart the SetupWizard starts again but doesn't offer "Keep your apps & data" but google account & background image were transferred. When I configure the phone as a new device everything works as it should.

My system: twrp 3.1.0-0 (tried 3.0.2-0 also) full wipe, OpenGapps mini from 19.3., lineage + addonsu, tried [ROM][CM14.1][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Jfltexx (GT-I9505) also, same error.
Try Nano GAPPS

ssdw

Jun 15, 2014
Loving 14.1-20170315 (TWRP 3.1.0-0 / Pico openGapps / LOS root) so far but am noticing a few quirks

1) Phone is encrypted. On reboot, it will prompt for encryption password, then the SIM Pin code briefly flashes up on screen and then back to encryption password. A bit frustrating as the SIM pin code prompt clears anything I have typed for the encryption password prompt.

2) Accessing contacts I am constantly prompted to allow Contacts access to "location", "calendar" and "send view SMS messages". I am given the option to allow or deny but not permanently allow or deny. Once I deny the 3 options it will display the contact info i selected.

3) If I double tap the power button to bring up the camera I am prompted to allow / deny the camera access to the devices "location". Like the contacts, I am not given the option to permanently save this choice. If I open the camera from the app icon I am not prompted for this. Additionally, gps location settings for the camera are set to off.

Last edited:

ssdw

Jun 15, 2014
One other thing I have noticed. Switching networks example wifi -> LTE / LTE -> Wifi / Wifi -> none -> wifi) can at times result in network connection errors, but nothing consistent.

From what I can see it looks like DNS resolving fails as I can still ping by IP.

So far only work around I have found is to reboot.

andy hall

Mar 3, 2011
Google Pixel 3

Gis a clue, I cannot see the link anywhere, not in this or the RR thread.

Reactions: Buff99

Buff99

Gis a clue, I cannot see the link anywhere, not in this or the RR thread.

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71461425&postcount=37

Bare in mind you cant do much with it...
Best use i have come up with is to use a full gapps package and a config-gapps file to install all your google playstore apps into system (you DON'T want to just install every gapps app, will kill your phone with processes that do next to nothing).

Will take a little work to setup but you should only need to setup the config file once. The basic idea would be to start with your nano or pico apps as you prefer and add all the other google apps you install from playstore.

Reactions: andy hall

Kimi123

Sep 7, 2010
Didn't work. It seems that these errors are not related to a certain device but for LineageOS in general. Tried it with a Nexus 5 and got the same errors>several google services are crashing after using NFC to restore apps. Gapps Pico produces the same errors, but after a restart the restore process for apps is working by using a Google account.

Recommendations for restoring apps with LineageSetupWizard: Use GAPPS Pico https://goo.gl/5Ahn9w

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Installation

Upgrading from CyanogenMod/unofficial LineageOS without wiping

• Download the EXPERIMENTAL and NIGHTLY builds using the download link below
    • Install the EXPERIMENTAL build, without wiping anything.
    • Reboot into Android
    • Reboot back into recovery
    • Install the NIGHTLY build, without wiping anything.
    • Enjoy LineageOS!

First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your Galaxy S IV:

• Flash a custom recovery via Heimdall or Odin
    • Push GApps (arm) and the Lineage 14.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash the Lineage 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    • Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS:
    • Update your recovery - Lineage Recovery will be done automatically, TWRP can be downloaded from here (NOTE: you need 3.0.2-2 or higher to automatically install updates in Lineage 14.1)
    • Push the new Lineage 14.1 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the Lineage 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
    • Reboot

Downloads

Reporting bugs

Bug reports belong on JIRA. See our wiki for more information on using JIRA.

I do not check this thread regularly for bug reports. Using JIRA makes tracking down & debugging bugs a lot easier. Feel free to use this thread to discuss bugs, though

• DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    See how to submit a bug report for the appropriate place to report your bug (NOTE: the majority of bugs need to go in the BUGBASH tracker, which is only open on weekends).

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs already reported on JIRA. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    Phone Informations
    * Lineage version
    * Gapps version
    What you did:
    * Wipe data: y/n
    * Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
    * Restore with titanium backup: y/n
    You're using (if yes write which one) :
    * Task killer
    * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
    * Non-stock kernel
    * Modified kernel settings
    * Other mods
    Bug info:
    * Last version it worked on
    * Repro steps
    Getting help

You can ask for help on our subreddit, on IRC: #LineageOS on Freenode

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for i9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    side
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-03-15
    Last Updated 2017-04-21
    official 15.1 is coming soon
    more reserved
    @side - So does this replace the "[JDCTeam][7.1.1][12 March]Optimized LineageOS 14.1-Stable1[Dev by Poll]" build ?
    No way....!!!
    '' [OFFICIAL][WEEKLY][7.1.1] LineageOS 14.1 for i9505'' <---this is one is pure LineageOS ROM ,with no custom tweaks,no custom kernel no nothing.its like the Official CM13.0.it has got all features that LineageOS support

"[JDCTeam][7.1.1][12 March]Optimized LineageOS 14.1-Stable1[Dev by Poll]" <---this is MY rom...my custom rom...my edits...my tweaks...the base of that rom is the official lineageOS.i added some stuff etc