[OFFICIAL][X82X&X910][TREBLE] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for LeEco Le Max 2

Search This thread

tr0ubles0me

• Mar 9, 2017
    As far as I know OTA does not work with TWRP on LOS 17/18. You need to have LOS Recovery.

Update with TWRP is a manual prozess:

- Download the LineageOS zip(s).
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.
    - Reboot to TWRP.
    - Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended).
    - Reboot to system.
    On LOS 17 the auto-updater works fine with TWRP. I've done it multiple times.

Can anyone confirm that it doesn't work in LOS 18.1 with TWRP installed?

JoveBoy

• Nov 13, 2013
    Can someone check if amazon app works..mine keeps crashing when i want to login
    And is there a way to have diferent sms ringtone and notification ringtone ?

ThE_MarD

• Dec 10, 2014
    Grande Prairie
    Heyyo @origin_de , thanks for answering that question (y)

@Luis4x4 , what you reported are known bugs as listed for x910 as I have listed in the second post of this thread.

For the fingerprint not working when the device is asleep bug? I did try release modified x910 device firmware that uses x2's modem firmware as custom ROMs require EUI ROM 19s or higher device firmware for the fingerprint sensor to work when the device is sleeping.

If you want to try it and report back if it helps? Here it is

JoveBoy

• Nov 13, 2013
    Amazon app works without any problem since first unofficial releases.

In regards to individual sms notification sounds I think the default app only uses system default sounds.
    found the problem. It was adaway that was blocking amazon ads and that's why it keeps crashing. Whitelist amazon in adaway and fixed the problem or just turn off adaway before using amazon

Reactions: ThE_MarD

Luis4x4

May 29, 2017
    Cartagena España
    Heyyo @origin_de , thanks for answering that question (y)

@Luis4x4 , what you reported are known bugs as listed for x910 as I have listed in the second post of this thread.

For the fingerprint not working when the device is asleep bug? I did try release modified x910 device firmware that uses x2's modem firmware as custom ROMs require EUI ROM 19s or higher device firmware for the fingerprint sensor to work when the device is sleeping.

If you want to try it and report back if it helps? Here it is

Hi Friend

Thanks, but I think the problem is with the sensor. It does not work for me with a stock ROM. "Hardware not installed" message

Do you know if the x900 sensor is valid for the x910?

tr0ubles0me

• Mar 9, 2017
    Hey, people,

Is anyone getting random restarts of the phone, usually when left charging overnight? Sometimes I find that my x829 has restarted while being left on the charger. "PIN needed after device restarts." - that's how I know in the morning :)

JoveBoy

• Nov 13, 2013
    I really like the on screen navigation buttons there is just one thing missing.. You can't hide the buttons. So a pretty please to the developers: Please ad a hide button to the navbar.

ThE_MarD

• Dec 10, 2014
    Grande Prairie
    Heyyo @tr0ubles0me , afaik manong is the only other x2 user who has that issue... have you tried different USB cables or chargers by chance? I think manong said it's when he uses the LeEco quick charge block that he has.

@JoveBoy , I think it does hide on-screen buttons, but only on apps it thinks are in fullscreen mode

Reactions: JoveBoy

ThE_MarD

• Dec 10, 2014
    Grande Prairie
    Heyyo @tr0ubles0me , afaik manong is the only other x2 user who has that issue... have you tried different USB cables or chargers by chance? I think manong said it's when he uses the LeEco quick charge block that he has.

@JoveBoy , I think it does hide on-screen buttons, but only on apps it thinks are in fullscreen mode but I'll check

ThE_MarD

• Dec 10, 2014
    Grande Prairie
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow so it might take 10 minutes to finish uploading after this post and link in the first post of this thread. lineage-18.1-20210606-UNOFFICIAL-x2 contains some media codec definition fixes by CrisBalGreece to test out in any app with video capabilities (playback and recording) and also fixes the Instagram video playback issue.

@ShaboohShoobah can you please explain more? Does the same problem happen on stock ROM?

Reactions: JoveBoy

JoveBoy

• Nov 13, 2013
    Stock camera app vs Gcam
    Choose your weapon
    P.S
    Anyone know a good music app that has a search button and works with Viper4Android ??
    There are a lot of apps that Viper just does not detect when i play music with them.

Attachments

• Gcam.jpg
      9.7 MB · Views: 24
    • Stock app.jpg
      9.5 MB · Views: 21
    Jul 30, 2020
    Burgas
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow so it might take 10 minutes to finish uploading after this post and link in the first post of this thread. lineage-18.1-20210606-UNOFFICIAL-x2 contains some media codec definition fixes by CrisBalGreece to test out in any app with video capabilities (playback and recording) and also fixes the Instagram video playback issue.

@ShaboohShoobah can you please explain more? Does the same problem happen on stock ROM?
    This problem is factory.
    There is no way to fix it.

ThE_MarD

• Dec 10, 2014
    Grande Prairie
    @ShaboohShoobah , if your FP sensor is dead? You will need to replace the hardware. There is a guide in the guide section with pictures if you want to buy the fp sensor hardware and replace it yourself

Tbh? I'm unsure if I'd buy a new LeEco device given how abruptly support for LeEco devices ended previously... so I'm unsure about any of their commitments to software updates... that, plus no idea how their UI will be... will it be more like AOSP which I love? Or will it be more like MIUI or ZUI and be some garbled thing attempting to be an Apple flavor of Android?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@JoveBoy , I think it does hide on-screen buttons, but only on apps it thinks are in fullscreen mode

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
      #include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- LEX820 (X2_CN)

- LEX821 (X2_WW)

- LEX822 (X2_CN)

- LEX829 (X2_NA)

- LEX910 (MAX_PLUS. Currently only supported on unofficial test builds)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least 466d for x2 and pseudo 466d for max_plus. If not? Please either the minimum recommended version below (or optional updated versions) and install it via Lineage Recovery. It can be flashed before or after the ROM

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least 466d for x2 and pseudo 466d for max_plus. If not? Please either the minimum recommended version below (or optional updated versions) and install it via TWRP. It can be flashed before or after the ROM

- Unlock bootloader and install TWRP 3.4.0-0 (designed for Pie and above and for treble) or higher. TWRP instructions are here.

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to internal sdcard.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and data)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPGRADE LINEAGEOS FROM 17.1

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device. You can use either TWRP or Lineage Recovery.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage Recovery for x2:

- Official:
      https://download.lineageos.org/x2

- Unofficial:
      https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-x2/releases/p17327

TWRP for x2: Official https://twrp.me/leeco/leecolemax2.html

TWRP for max_plus: Official https://twrp.me/leeco/leecolemaxpro.html

Lineage:

- Official:
      https://download.lineageos.org/x2

- Unofficial 18.1:
      https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-x2/releases/p17328

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Enable "Fix tint on front camera" and set it to "Fix green tint." Found inside Settings > Advanced > Experimental settings.

MISC DOWNLOADS

ThE_MarD's LineageOS for x2 Sourceforge, directory: (also contains some mods and tweaks)
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/lineageos-for-x2/

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- LEX820 (X2_CN) 466D

- LEX821 (X2_WW) 466D

- LEX829 (X2_NA) 466D

- LEX910 (MAX_PLUS) 13s

Link for x2 firmware:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/lineageos-for-x2/files/Firmware Updates/

Link for max_plus firmware:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/lineageos-for-max-plus/files/firmware/

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

XDA:DevDB Information

[OFFICIAL][X82X][10.x][TREBLE] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for LeEco Le Max 2, ROM for the LeEco Le Max 2

Contributors

ThE_MarD, mosimchah, Lucchetto00, CrisBalGreece,Tortel1210,codeworkx,moto999999,1nfrag,shivatejapeddi,KuranKaname,GalaticStryder,andr68rus,visionary,zhaoguomanong

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

ROM Firmware Required: X820, X821, X822 and x829 466d. x910 13s.

Based On: AOSP
      Heyyo, the official build for today was broken and I had it taken down. Sorry for anyone affected. I'll try to do a local build and check if it's our sources or if it was a build server issue
      Heyyo @Immortal68 , thank you! I super still love my LeEco Le Max 2 and plan to keep using it too! There's still a bunch of device and vendor blob updates I want to perform too.

Plus? I still want to do the hardware part swaps on mine... But maintaining 4 devices plus my family time are really cutting into that lol... Oof...
      Another update. Tested headset via USB adapter. Compared to 17.1 the plug now works both directions. So there is no need to pay attention any longer what direction to plug the converter. This was tested with a 3rd party plug and a Bose NC headset.
      @kayyappan oh no! Broken screen? Oof... sorry to hear about that bro. :(

The light sensor isn't factored in with TWRP as automatic brightness isn't set up in TWRP, so the display not lighting is likely the display itself is defective or maybe just the cable needs to be reseated?

Also, x2 is on the official LOS 18.1 initial devices roster! w00t! So hopefully seriously these days off I can sit down and seriously focus on replacing parts as I'm very comfortable with the future of LOS for x2. ;)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone