• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][X82X&X910][TREBLE] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for LeEco Le Max 2

Search This thread
Jul 30, 2020
Burgas
I have another problem.
After sleep mode.
From about 6-7 hours.
A message is displayed.
There is no SIM card in the slot.
My phone shows only urgent calls.
I need to restart, to fix the problem.
Has anyone had such a problem?

Last edited:

JoveBoy

Nov 13, 2013
If anyone searching for original LeTV RemoteControl.. Here you go.
You're welcome

Attachments

• Remote_control_LetvRemoteControl.apk
    12.1 MB · Views: 38

Pauleberber

Feb 15, 2017
Hi, i´m getting in many apps (web.de Mail, Lineage Updater and others) the message that there is no internet connection right now available "Derzeit keine Internetverbindung". But i have it and it works! Just my web.de Mail app hasn´t updated it´s inbox for 5 days, but the lineage Updater downloads the new Image, even though complaining about no internet connection.

This happens with WLAN and Mobile Connections.

arh91

Nov 29, 2016
Nexus 7 (2013)
Redmi Note 2
Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow so it might take 10 minutes to finish uploading after this post and link in the first post of this thread. lineage-18.1-20210606-UNOFFICIAL-x2 contains some media codec definition fixes by CrisBalGreece to test out in any app with video capabilities (playback and recording) and also fixes the Instagram video playback issue.

@ShaboohShoobah can you please explain more? Does the same problem happen on stock ROM?
hi, it seems that the VP9 codec is broken in the last builds. YouTube/Vanced only uses AVC1, and it is limited to 1080p.

Is this related to the patch that fixed the problem (artifacts) when watching Instagram videos?

Is there a way to have the old VP9 codec (which works perfectly with YouTube) and the new codecs that work well with Instagram, on the same ROM?

Last edited:

CrisBalGreece

Jul 2, 2016
Athens
hi, it seems that the VP9 codec is broken in the last builds. YouTube/Vanced only uses AVC1, and it is limited to 1080p.

Is this related to the patch that fixed the problem (artifacts) when watching Instagram videos?

Is there a way to have the old VP9 codec (which works perfectly with YouTube) and the new codecs that work well with Instagram, on the same ROM?
Hello my friend.. Do these..
1.) Flash this zip through TWRP without any wipe
2.) Uninstall Instagram if you have it installed already
3.) Install this version
Enjoy youtube 4Kand post results..
Insta devs removed 4K vp9 support and that's why crashing..there are back..

Last edited:

CrisBalGreece

Jul 2, 2016
Athens
Reactions: ThE_MarD

ShadowFlarer

Sep 12, 2018
I installed the rom, it works really well, but when i reboot the system it asked me for a password, i tried every password i could think of and none of then worked, then i tried to go to TWRP and it's asking for a password as well, i'm so confused, what do i do?!

CrisBalGreece

Jul 2, 2016
Athens
I installed the rom, it works really well, but when i reboot the system it asked me for a password, i tried every password i could think of and none of then worked, then i tried to go to TWRP and it's asking for a password as well, i'm so confused, what do i do?!
Go to TWRP format data reboot to recovery wipe all others flash ROM. That's it..Is remaining encryption

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
TWRP Format Data usually doesn't restore the encryption footer but I made a guide to the permanent solution here

tr0ubles0me

Mar 9, 2017
Just installed the 23rd, July release and when connected to power my phone is not showing the battery percentage and charging status (charging rapidly) at the bottom of the screen as it used to before. Is that a bug or a feature :)

MasterChief2

Dec 23, 2015
Hello to all. I installed this ROM and everything is working perfectly fine but I have issues with notifications. I tried LineageOS and also tried LineageOS for microG but result is the same on both of them. When I'm using phone notifications are working how they should (sometimes late for 2-3s, but not a big deal), but when I turn off display and leave phone for about few minutes when someone send me a message on Instagram/Messenger/Skype/Viber/WhatsApp i get nothing (sometimes i get notifications but with the half an hour or more delay). But when I turn off device, and unlocked I instantly get all notifications. I was wondering is this somehow related to bug "WiFi randomly disconnects when the device is asleep" and is there any fix for this? And is this related only to this ROM or for every AOSP based ROM?

MasterChief2

Dec 23, 2015
I manged to fix this. You have to install GAPPS in order to Push Notifications work correcly, or if you are using microG before installing apps make sure you turned on "Google device registration" and "Cloud Messaging".

Xiao_ice

Aug 7, 2021
Hi, I would like to give feedback about the X910 not being able to call VP9 decoder, I tried LineageOS 16 to LineageOS 18.1 but YouTube only uses AVC1 and is limited to 1080p.

I also tried modifying build.prop and flushing in the decoder given to X2, but YouTube is still limited to 1080p.

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @Xiao_ice , glad to see an x910 user enjoying LineageOS 18.1 :)

Vp9 decoder was disabled from QCOM codecs due to it breaking Instagram... But if you check this post above you can try different codec files

Also, I haven't had feedback from x910 users in a long time. How is LOS 18.1? Does the 3.5mm jack work for headsets?

Reactions: Otto_H

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally found spare parts for the Max Plus, I hope to test everything very soon ...
    Hey there,
    first of all great work with the ROM, it works flawlessly as my daily driver!

I have one issue though: USB OTG is not working.
    It is in TWRP, but the ROM seems to not see anything.

I'm on a x821, latest release build.

Edit:
    Now it is, after a reboot to verify it indeed works in TWRP.
    Strange, but maybe a problem with some temporary file.
    Issue solved, flawless ROM stays 😄
    Hello
    First of all, I want to thank ThE_MarD for his work, I still love my smartphone Le MAx 2 thanks to him ;)

The only issue is about the APNS.
    I have to reflash the file :
    after each update.
    Is there a way to integrate the latests APNS directly in the LineageOS rom ?
    Heyyo @werdck , glad to hear USB OTG is working fine for you. Yeah not sure why it didn't work at first, but I'm glad you got it going! :)

@jean_htc , I made a new version with a addon.d script which should backup and restore that mod after every ROM update, so please give that a try and let me know if it works good for you. ;)
    I flash the latest zip.
    I will tell you if it's run fine on next Friday ;)
    Thanks ;)
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- LEX820 (X2_CN)

- LEX821 (X2_WW)

- LEX822 (X2_CN)

- LEX829 (X2_NA)

- LEX910 (MAX_PLUS. Currently only supported on unofficial test builds)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least 466d for x2 and pseudo 466d for max_plus. If not? Please either the minimum recommended version below (or optional updated versions) and install it via Lineage Recovery. It can be flashed before or after the ROM

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least 466d for x2 and pseudo 466d for max_plus. If not? Please either the minimum recommended version below (or optional updated versions) and install it via TWRP. It can be flashed before or after the ROM

- Unlock bootloader and install TWRP 3.4.0-0 (designed for Pie and above and for treble) or higher. TWRP instructions are here.

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to internal sdcard.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and data)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPGRADE LINEAGEOS FROM 17.1

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device. You can use either TWRP or Lineage Recovery.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage Recovery for x2:

- Official:
    https://download.lineageos.org/x2

- Unofficial:
    https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-x2/releases/p17327

TWRP for x2: Official https://twrp.me/leeco/leecolemax2.html

TWRP for max_plus: Official https://twrp.me/leeco/leecolemaxpro.html

Lineage:

- Official:
    https://download.lineageos.org/x2

- Unofficial 18.1:
    https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-x2/releases/p17328

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Enable "Fix tint on front camera" and set it to "Fix green tint." Found inside Settings > Advanced > Experimental settings.

MISC DOWNLOADS

ThE_MarD's LineageOS for x2 Sourceforge, directory: (also contains some mods and tweaks)
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lineageos-for-x2/

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- LEX820 (X2_CN) 466D

- LEX821 (X2_WW) 466D

- LEX829 (X2_NA) 466D

- LEX910 (MAX_PLUS) 13s

Link for x2 firmware:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lineageos-for-x2/files/Firmware Updates/

Link for max_plus firmware:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lineageos-for-max-plus/files/firmware/

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

XDA:DevDB Information

[OFFICIAL][X82X][10.x][TREBLE] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for LeEco Le Max 2, ROM for the LeEco Le Max 2

Contributors

ThE_MarD, mosimchah, Lucchetto00, CrisBalGreece,Tortel1210,codeworkx,moto999999,1nfrag,shivatejapeddi,KuranKaname,GalaticStryder,andr68rus,visionary,zhaoguomanong

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

ROM Firmware Required: X820, X821, X822 and x829 466d. x910 13s.

Based On: AOSP

DONATIONS

Heyyo, the official build for today was broken and I had it taken down. Sorry for anyone affected. I'll try to do a local build and check if it's our sources or if it was a build server issue
    I installed the new zip, here is the report.

• YouTube and Vanced: 2160p60 working.
    • Instagram (version 150): working.
    • Instagram (version 197): artifacts in videos.
    Great.. thanks for your reply.
    So we have the permanent solution with them and v150..
    Heyyo @Immortal68 , thank you! I super still love my LeEco Le Max 2 and plan to keep using it too! There's still a bunch of device and vendor blob updates I want to perform too.

Plus? I still want to do the hardware part swaps on mine... But maintaining 4 devices plus my family time are really cutting into that lol... Oof...
    @kayyappan oh no! Broken screen? Oof... sorry to hear about that bro. :(

The light sensor isn't factored in with TWRP as automatic brightness isn't set up in TWRP, so the display not lighting is likely the display itself is defective or maybe just the cable needs to be reseated?

Also, x2 is on the official LOS 18.1 initial devices roster! w00t! So hopefully seriously these days off I can sit down and seriously focus on replacing parts as I'm very comfortable with the future of LOS for x2. ;)